Thursday, May 29, 2014

Brooklyn Nine Nine/ The Flash/ Gotham

May 13 Brooklyn Nine Nine: I saw the pilot way back in Sept.  It stars Jake Peralta aka JP (Andy Sandberg from Saturday Night Live) who is a detective.  He and Detective Amy Santiago (Melissa Fumero) are trying to find out who robbed this cameras store.  JP had put a camera/ nanny cam in a teddy bear.  That’s how they solved the case.

There is a new captain Ray Holt (Andre Braugher.)  He is black and he’s very strict.  The Sergeant Terry Jeffords (Terry Crews) then shows what he was like at work.

There is a flashback of Terry at a department store at night.  It’s dark and he gets nervous.  He shoots multiple times and it’s really at mannequins.  Terry introduces Holt to all the workers.

There is Detective Rosa Diaz (Stephanie Beatriz) who is a tough woman.

Gina (Chelsea Peretti) tells about bet: If JP gets the most arrests, he wins by getting a date with Santiago.  If Santiago wins, she gets his car.

The case is a murder in an apartment.  Will Armisen (Saturday Night Live) plays an ethnic foreigner.  The Murderer killed someone named Morgan and stole ham that’s worth $6000.

It leads to JP investigating at a deli.  The suspect Rocco tries to run and JP is thrown around.  There’s some action here.  Rocco throws food at them.

There is a flashback of 1971.  It shows how Holt found the Disco Strangler.

Cut to a sewer.  Holt is in a fro and pointing a gun.
Holt: Put down the yo-yo, it’s over.
Cut to a man about to strangle a woman tied up to a chair with a yo-yo.

Lol. 

Holt is strict and wants all the officers to wear a tie.  JP resists and then later he wears a tie.  He then gets up from his desk and he’s wearing s speedo.

Later Holt says he’s gay.  He is openly gay and there was even a newspaper article framed on his office wall that says he is an openly gay police captain.  They show all these flashbacks in the episode where he and other characters says things that points out that he’s gay.

They go to the storage lockers and they look for Rocco.  They arrest Rocco and surround him.

Case solved.

My opinion: It was average.  After I saw the pilot, I didn’t watch this show anymore.  I’m not into sitcoms. 

May 18: Comparisons:

A TV show about a serious job is a comedy: Being a police officer is for a drama, but it’s a comedy.  Do you remember the TV show Scrubs?  It’s about doctors, but it’s a sitcom.

A TV show filmed in a mokumentary way: The Office, Parks and Recreation are filmed like these are real people when it’s fictional.

The show has been renewed for a second season.

The Flash: I was watching Arrow on ctv.ca and there is news about the spin-off The Flash.   On imdb.com: “A TV show centered around scientist Barry Allen, who suffers a freak accident that turns him into a superhero with the power of incredible speed.”

Here’s the 1 min. trailer:


Here is the extended 5 min. trailer: 


The promo looks interesting.  I don’t know if I will watch it after the pilot.  Grant Gustin will play Flash and Tom Cavanagh (from the TV show Ed) will play Harrison Wells.  Wells looks like he will be a scientist/ mentor.


Gotham: Last week I read in the newspaper about the TV show Gotham which is the prequel to Batman.  Ben Mckenzie (from The OC) will play Detective James Gordon.  They show all the characters like Bruce Wayne, the Riddler, Cat Woman, the Penguin before they all become villains.

Here’s the 2 min. trailer:


This looks really good.  I want to want watch it.

Birds of Prey: When I read about it in the newspaper, I was kind of eh with it.  As in, does anyone remember the TV show Birds of Prey?  It starred Ashley Scott, fresh after she played Asha on the TV show Dark Angel.  She was also in the movie Into the Blue with DA co-star Jessica Alba.

On imdb.com: “In the future, long after the Batman has driven himself into exile, his legacy lives on in the form of the Birds of Prey--Black Canary, Oracle, and the Huntress.”

I only saw a little bit of one ep.  It got cancelled after 1 season.


May 23 Retirement: Barbara Walters is retiring and on May 18, 20/20 did an episode about her.  I didn’t watch it.

David Letterman is retiring and Stephen Colbert is taking over his show.

The movie critic Jay Stone is retiring.  In the article I read about him, people say it’s so cool that he gets to watch movies as his job.  Stone then says how it’s good until you have to watch Saw 6. 

May 25 Meet Up: Last week I finally went to a screenwriter’s Meet Up.  I joined last year and read people’s scripts and made comments on it.  It was a warm evening, there was no TV to watch, and it’s not too hard to get there.  I then met 7 new people that evening.  I also met 4 of them who I have read scripts from.

There were 8 of us including me.  We all discussed the script, and we also talked about movies.  I was there for 1hr and a half.

Overall, I would say it was a good experience.

Who Made Who Productions: A man named Jeff L. Burke there told me about his production company.  He said he made Fitz.  He also went to the Emerged Producer Program at NAIT.  I looked up that program at NAIT’s website and it wasn’t there.  I’ve heard of it before.  It’s on imdb.com:


Rick Ravenello: He says he knows the actor Rick Ravenello.  I looked it up on imdb.  He was on a episode of Castle.  I remember seeing the episode, but I don’t remember him.  I guess he’s one of those actors who are in a lot of TV and movies, with small roles.



Hutch Parker: Another person at Meet Up says he is in touch with this producer.

Well it looks like the people at Meet Up are serious about screenwriting.

No comments: