Sunday, February 23, 2014

winter/ West Ed mall/ health



Feb. 6 Winter: You can call it the winter blues, winter blahs, February blahs, etc.  Either way, it’s the 4th month into winter.  Is the winter getting to any of you guys?  My life does revolve around winter right now.

I don’t go out for fun because it’s too cold out.  I only go out to go to work, job interviews, and dr. appointments.  One time in Dec. I went to lunch with my friend Cham after I went to work.

One time in Jan. I went to the Christmas party.  There was a big buffet there, I had to go to it.  Lol.

Feb. 10 West Ed mall: I will tell you about my shopping trip on Oct. 12, 2013.

  1. Tiffany Company- the security guards wore suits.  Nice lighting.  There are washrooms in there.  There are flowers.  I tried the men’s perfume and it smells good.
  2. Anthropologie- they sell dishware, home décor, clothes, books, and stationary.  It’s expensive, except for the sale items.  I tried a lot of the perfume and didn’t really like it.
  3. Swarvoski- it sells jewelry, also perfume.  There are figurines and little charms like Hello Kitty.
  4. Zara- it sells very expensive clothes and jewelry for men, women, and children.  There was perfume fro $13-$20.  There were security guards.
  5. Mexx- it’s expensive, but there are things on sale.
  1. Oakley- it mainly sells men’s clothes and a little section for women.
  1. Brown’s- it sells men and women’s shoes and bags.  Expensive, but nice.  The sales people were dressed nicely.
  1. Pottery Barn- rustic wood furniture, a little stationary, candles, autumn and Halloween decorations.
  1. Geox- they sell men, women, kid’s shoes.  They sell some jackets.  Expensive.
  1. Apple- crowded, busy.  Interactive iPads.
  1. Williams Sonoma- they sell aprons, $20 jars of pasta sauce, kitchen appliances and dishware.
On Oct. 26, 2013, I was at West Ed.  The new Microsoft store had opened.  It’s like the Apple store with tables and there are computers on it where you can interact with it.  There was loud music blaring like “Virtual Insanity” by Jamiroquai.  I like that song.

I did check out Bootlegger.  

I’m going through my notes and I see that I went to West Ed on Jun. 24, 2013.

  1. Build a Bear- to describe it is cute.
  2. Urban Behavior- they sell $1 perfume.
  3. Beach Hut- they only sell swimsuits.  They used to sell jewelry, but now they don’t. 
  4. Sirens- I checked out that store.
  5. Forever 21
Bed Bath and Beyond has now finished renovating.  It’s bigger and it took over where La Vien Rose was.  Rose store has now moved to another part of the mall.

Deluxe Burger Bar closed down on Bourbon street.  It’s replaced with the renovated Old Spaghetti Factory.

I read in Edmonton Journal on Feb. 6, 2014: Sport Check is now on Level 2, Phase 3 of WEM.  The old Sportcheck ad Atmosphere stores in Phase one have been closed.

Feelings: I feel good after I wrote about shopping.  It feels good to write about a happy activity.

Feb. 13 Aqua Massage: I wrote about this before when I had a $5 off coupon to use.  I took an Aqua Massage in Nov. 2013 and I felt really relaxed after 10 min.  Then I had another $5 off coupon and took one in Dec. 2013.  It was also for 10 min, and I didn’t really feel relaxed. 

Maybe the first time it was new and I felt relaxed.  The second time, the novelty wore off.  It was still fun though.

Feb. 14 Health: I got food poisoning again.  I had it back in Dec. 2013.  Last night I ate Chinese takeout leftovers from Feb. 12.  I had put the oily sauce on my rice.  I wake up at 3am and I felt sick and full.  I drank a cup of water and 30 min. later I threw it up.  I threw up a few more times.

In Dec. 2013, I ate oily mac and cheese that was in the fridge overnight.  Basically, avoid oily leftovers.  Or at least don’t eat too much of it.

I called in work sick today.  I feel physically weak.  I felt guilty for letting my co-workers down, but I know they can manage without me.  My shift is in the afternoon and for the past 2 days it hasn’t been busy.

At least I’m not working at night, where it’s really busy because it’s Valentine’s Day.

Feb. 15: My health has improved.
Feb. 17: I went to work yesterday.  I only worked 3 hrs because I felt sick.  I was out of breath.  Fortunately my boss let me go home early and there are enough workers there to help.

Feb. 19 Fun website: I was looking for a job and I found this website for a barber shop called Tommy Gun’s Original Barbershop.  If you move your cursor to the headings like “Contact”, a pair of red scissors will pop up.  I thought that was kind of fun.


Jessica Sutta: I have written about her before.  She was a Pussycat Doll.  Here is her video “I Wanna be Bad.”  This is her first video of her solo career that came out in 2011. 

The video is of her wearing tight and revealing Victorian dress with a Victorian theme.  It’s of other people wearing Victorian outfits partying and dancing.  Later, it shows her in a dark place partying with people.  It shows her dancing outside in modern clothes with backup dancers.

I thought the song was eh.  There is already a song called “I Wanna Be Bad” by Willa Ford.  In Ford’s song, it’s about how Willa wants to be bad to get with a guy.  Here’s the chorus:

I wanna be bad
You make bad look so good
I got things on my mind
I never thought I would
I, I wanna be bad (bad)
You make bad feel so good
I'm losing all my cool
I'm about to break the rules
I, I wanna be bad


In Sutta’s song, it’s about listing the things she wants like the chorus is this:

I wanna be this, I wanna be that
I wanna be good, I wanna be bad
I wanna get mine
And I wanna have yours
I wanna be the bitch, I wanna be rich
I wanna have this, I wanna have that
I wanna be good, I wanna be bad
I wanna be the bitch, I wanna be rich
You wanna tap this, boy you wish

I read people’s comments on Youtube, and it’s kind of like Pussycat Doll’s song “When I Grow Up” where they list things they want.  Sutta’s video was eh.

No comments: