Thursday, August 29, 2013

stress/ flashback/ group or solo



Aug. 27 Stress: I was writing a weekly email and I saved it.  Then the next day I go on it and it’s not there.  I’m annoyed by that.  I wrote like 2 paragraphs for my business email.  I retyped one up.  Now I will use Microsoft Word and type and save it onto my 3.5 floppy disk.

I am going to write the other part here.  Last month my high school friend quit working at my restaurant.  She was there for 1 yr and a half.  Now last week, my other friend who’s been working here for a yr, has quit.  There wasn’t really any sign that she was going to quit.

She has mentioned that it’s far away and takes effort to drive to work, but she’s been here for a yr.  I know it’s not her intention to quit as a way to annoy me.  Look, I’m under a lot of stress from working 6 days a week, and it’s so busy.  I am more easily agitated, but I have to write about it so I can get over it and move on.

Jokes:

Raising kids:  This is from Daily Silly:

"Dad, where did I come from?" asks this 10-years-old. The father was shocked that a 10 year old would be asking a question like that. He was hoping to wait a few more years before he would have to explain the facts of life, but he figured it was better a few years early than a few days too late, so, for the next two hours he explained every thing to his son. When he got finished, he asked his son what prompted his question to which his son replied, "I was talking to the new kid across the street and he said he came from
Ohio, so I was just wondering where I came from."

Grand kids:
This is from Daily Silly:

One day a boy told his grandpa, "grandpa make a frog sound" The grandfather asked why? The boy said, "Grandma says when you croak we are going to Hawaii."

Me: This kind of reminds me of something I would read in the Pickles comic strips.  It's mainly about an old married couple and their grand son.

http://www.gocomics.com/pickles

Poker joke: This is from Daily Silly:

Six guys were playing poker when Smith loses $500 on a single hand, clutches his chest and drops dead at the table. Showing respect for their fallen comrade, the other five complete their playing time standing up. Roberts looks around and asks, "Now, who is going to tell the wife?" They draw straws. Rippington, who is always a loser, picks the short one. They tell him to be discreet, be gentle, don't make a bad situation any worse than it is. "Gentlemen! Discreet? I'm the most discreet man you will ever meet. Discretion is my middle name, leave it to me." Rippington walks over to the Smith house, knocks on the door, the wife answers, and asks what he wants. Rippington says, "Your husband just lost $500 playing cards." She hollers, "TELL HIM TO DROP DEAD!" Rippington says, "I'll tell him."

Me: I guess this could also be a marriage joke.

Law joke: From Daily Silly:

Before a burglary trial, the judge explained to the defendant, "You can let me try your case, or you can choose to have a jury of your peers." The man thought for a moment. "What are peers?" he asked. "They're people just like you, your equals."   "Forget it," retorted the defendant. "I don't want to be tried by a bunch of thieves."

Me: This just obviously proves you're guilty.

Aug. 28 Work: Summer is ending.  I know it’s going to be busy all week long, until Labor Day weekend.  I’ve mentioned before long weekends are always busy.

Flashback: I got a flashback now that my two friends have quit working here.  It’s like high school all over again.  My 2 best friends from elementary school and I went to the same high school.  Then they dropped out mid- way.  I know it was not their intention to drop out and not be going to school with me.  Same with my friends at work.  They quit because they don’t want to work here.

This also brings a flashback of elementary school where I was friends with this girl Grace.  I was in gr. 5 and 6.  She was always so needy, ringing my doorbell asking to play because she was bored and lonely.  There’s going to come a time when none of your friends are going to be available.  Like that time I went to Calgary for a few days without telling her.

Aug. 29: I started saying no to her.  I can’t always hang out with her whenever she wants.  I remember this one time she rang the doorbell, and I answered and my friend Leslie was there with me.  As soon as Grace saw her, she was like: “I’ll come back another time.”  If she did get along with her, she would have said: “Hi, may I join you?”

Then like everyday she was ringing my doorbell.  I said no to her because I had homework to do.  I was in gr. 5, there is homework assigned.  I even remembered a time when I was playing basketball at lunch, or throwing hoops by myself.  My little brother was bugging me on how I should spend more time with Grace.  So I said yeah, I will, though I didn’t mean it.  I just wanted him to stop bugging me. 

Doesn’t mean you say you are going to do something, means you are going to.  In this case, you really can’t confirm that I will spend more time with her.  School is always a priority.

School: I remember calling my friends Yasmine (back in elementary school) and Angela, and they said they had homework to do.  So I asked: “How about a little break and talk for a bit?”  After a bit they then can go back to work.

I remember in gr. 12, I did have plans to see a movie with my friends Leslie and Laura, but then I had too much math homework.  It was on a school night.  I have seen movies with them on school nights, but only after I’ve done my homework.

Lessons: My Counselor had told me about when something gets you angry, focus on the lesson from it.  The lesson that my friends quit their jobs.   

  1. People come and go.  But if you want to stay in contact with them, continue to make an effort by sending them weekly emails and using Facebook.
Group or solo: I was thinking again about Geri quitting the Spice Girls so she could go on her own solo career.  I thought her solo career was average.  In fact, I think all of the girl’s solo careers were average.  None of them were really big when they each struck out on their own.

I was reading this One Direction: This is Us movie review in the newspaper, and the 5 guys were solo artists competing in The X-Factor.  They didn’t succeed on their own.  They then formed a boy band and then won the competition.  This obviously proves they had to be together to be successful.

Two situations: Does anyone remember the boy band No Authority from the late 90s or early 2000s?

Here’s their 1st song/ video “Don’t Stop.”  They’re at this kind of car sales parking lot and singing and dancing. 


Here is the 2nd song/ video “Can I Get your Number?”


“I’m Telling You This”- fan made video of live performances where they perform this song:


Here’s their song “Think’in.”  I like this song because it’s a ballad, but you can dance to it.


They released an album and then later Josh Keaton quit because he was an actor prior to it, and the record label told him he can’t do acting and singing at the same time.  So he decided to go to acting instead.  He’s a good actor.  He was on Alex Mack as Annie’s boyfriend and he was on Boston Public.  I remember seeing a scene where he argues with a teacher and then goes into a fight with him.

Josh pursuing an acting career:
Pro: He’s an actor and he did have success.
Con: He is missing out on performing with the boy band.

Josh stays in the band.
Pro: He's performing with the boy band for a few years.
Con: He isn't able to act.

However, No Authority wasn’t really that successful.  They never really got international success.  They were only big in the US and Canada.  They only had 2 music videos/ singles and 2 albums.  I think Josh made a fine decision on going with his acting career instead.  I think acting was his true passion before he joined the group.

No comments: