Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Post Secret/ my birthday/ West Ed mall

Aug. 11 Post Secret:

"I'm afraid if I leave, I won't be any better or happier... I'm also afraid my kids will hate me.  If I stay, I'm afraid I will hate myself forever."

Me: You should go to marriage counseling with your spouse or by yourself. 

Aug. 13 Milhouse: I got this from Jen on Facebook.  It's "32 Signs you're a Millhouse."  It's funny.  It gives a list with examples like scenes and lines from the show.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/signs-youre-the-milhouse

Aug. 14: I see that my friend Cham "liked" the link.

Aug. 15 Stress: Last week I worked 6 days and I was running around the restaurant, because it was so busy.  This week, it's the same too.  I had to work 6 days.  Writing does calm me down and improve my mood.

My birthday:  Yeah, well at least I got Sun., my birthday off to have fun.  Fri. was supposed to
my day off, but they said they needed me so I decided to work.  I don't have an appointment, so if I can, I will.

West Edmonton mall:
On my birthday I slept in until 8am.  I usually wake up at 6:30 am for work, so 8am is sleeping in.  lol.  I go to West Ed mall and arrive at 10:40am.  Here are all the stores I went to.

1. Forever 21- lots of women's and men's clothes.  Affordable, good-looking jewelery, bags, shoes, and makeup.
2. Urban Outfitters- clothes, jewelery, books, ipod cases, and shoes.
3. Rock Port: Shoes.  There's a sale.
4. Fossil- leather bags, ipod cases, jewelery, wallets.  Expensive.
5. Iviva Athletica- little girl's yoga clothes, bags, and yogo mats.
6. Boat house- teen clothes and shoes.
7. Zumiez- clothes and skateboards.
8. Sterling- nice shoes and bags.
9. International Clothiers- cheap men and women's clothes.  $5.99 shirts, and they sell suits.
10. Bootlegger.

11. Stitches- they sell $5 perfume.
12. Jewelery Boutique- nice diamonds and crystal.  There's really good feng shui with this Buddha and water fountain.  There was a statue of a frog with a lucky Chinese coin in it's mouth.  Water is good for prosperity.
13. Mark's Work Wearhouse- conservative , sells bright orange construction clothes.
14. Press'd- the restaurant will be opening soon.
 
15. House of Bags kiosk- sells bags, jewelery, has an Asian influence.
16. Flip Flop Shop- quirky name that sells flip flops.  I have a read in 24 news that flip flops are not good for your feet.  It doesn't support your feet when you're walking.  Try sandals instead.
17. Wind Spinners kiosk- there are these kind of like wind chimes, but they don't make noise.  They move with the wind, and I see an image of a horse galloping and a bird flapping it's wings.

18. No Excuses Perfumes for Less- tried on some perfume there.  I love smelling things.  lol.
19. Fairweather- affordable clothes.
20. Bowring- dishware, decorative items, lamps.
21. TD- I saw that TD is coming soon to the mall in Fall 2013.
22. Target- home decor, coloring books, clothes, makeup, DVDS, books.  That's what I looked at.
23. A&W- I went there and used my coupon to get a free coffee.  I then took a 30 min. break from shopping.

24. Lid Factory Embroidery Kiosk- you can get a teddy bear embroidered.
25. Stokes- nice dishware.
26. Bon Voyage Luggage- it sells bags, wallets, but also perfume too.
27. Bombay- nice and classy furniture.  They're expanding the store.
28. De Serres- the art supply store.  It sells office supplies, backpacks, and toys too.  Fun store.
29. Artemis- this was at the festival at Churchill Square.  It sells nice Asian, East Indian, Egyptian jewelry, clothes,and decor items.  There was a sign that said: "A moment of greediness will ruin your bright future."

30. Alberta Academy of Aesthetics- lots of nail polish.  They do haircuts, waxing on Mon.- Sat.
31. Lustre Studio- is connected to Aesthetics.  It sells wedding dresses.
32. River City Games- board games, puzzles, pool tables, foosball.  I saw a Ouija board for $20.  I played it once when I was like 10 yrs old at my friend Heather's house.  I used to think Ouija boards were so cool and mystical.

Aug. 16:

33. Donna Rose Treasures- nice paintings, sculptures, figurines, home decor items.  This is a really good store.
34. Natasha's Passion- older women's clothing, expensive jewelery.
35. Costa Blanca- renovated to be smaller.  Last time I was there was in 2011 and it was bigger.  (Charm Diamond Centre will be opening beside it where CB was before.)
36. Carlton Cards- selling some Halloween things.
37. Hallmark- it sold lots of Peanuts figurines.  There was Christmas ornaments in the back.
38. Royal Doulton- nice figurines, dishware.

Aug. 18:

39. Indigenous Imports- Aboriginal shirts, nice jewelry, toys.
40. Homestead Creations- figurines of Prince William and Kate, and Lamb Chop stuffed animals.
41. Bellissima: I looked at their jewelry.  The clothes are aimed at older women.
42. Bentley.
43. Addition Elle- I looked at their jewelery.  It's a nice store with good lighting and clothes.
44. Claire's. 
45. Express- nice atmosphere.
46. Pottery Barn- I read in the Edmonton Journal that it opened a couple of months ago.  I finally went in and it sells really nice furniture.  Mainly wooden and classy.

47. Murale- it sells mainly makeup.  I did see hand wash and candles.
48. Anthropologie- it's a really good store that sells clothes, jewelery, books, dishware.
49. Winners.

Emperor's Palace: My family and I went there for dinner.  For a family of 6, it costs $145. 
It was good.  When we got there, the lights went out.  We were sitting in the dark for about
5 min, and then the lights went back on.

My dad was driving, and our car broke down on the bridge.  We coasted off it.  Then turned
it off and started it again.  We had this car for 7 yrs, and we did buy it used.  We did get it fixed
after that night.

Bad wedding cake: I found this on Yahoo.  This bride wants a wedding cake to look like 3 car
tires on top of the other.  It's the one on the right she wants.  I say the one on the right, looks a
lot like 3 real car tires.

The one on the left is what she got.  The left cake looks so mediocre.  I will eat it, but I think this should be used for a kids birthday party.

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/shine-on/disappointed-bride-offers-botched-wedding-cake-ebay-171906248.html
So You Think You Can Dance Canada: I was reading in the Edmonton Journal that So You Think You Can Dance (America) is on it's 10th season.  It mentioned how So You Think You Can Dance Canada has been cancelled after 4 seasons.  I was like: "What?  It got cancelled?"  I was a little disappointed that it got cancelled, but I think years from now, they could bring this show back.

Reality shows are easier to bring back.  Does anyone remember Scare Tactics?  It was a reality show where they scare people and it was hosted by 90210 star Shannon Doherty.  Years later, they brought the show back and 30 Rock star Tracy Morgan hosts.

So You Think You Can Dance Canada:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1267314/

No comments: