Sunday, March 31, 2013

memory/ song/ Dollhouse

Mar. 24 Memory: I would say I have a really good memory.  If you look at my blog, I mention a lot of flashbacks.  This blog is proof of my good memory.  There are times where I write things over again and have something to add to it, like: "You remember that job interview I did some months ago?  Here's the link to it.... well I have something to add to it."

School flashbacks: This was like a few months ago, but my sister was talking about how kids these days don't know how to register for their college classes online.

Me: Hey, didn't you struggle?
S: What?  What do you mean did I struggle?
Me: I remember in the summer time I was watching a movie with Leslie in the basement.  You were on the computer and you kept calling the school to help you register for your classes.
S: Yeah, well that was on the school not getting my schedule. 

That was like back in summer 2002.

I was in college one time when my sister was talking about somebody else.

S: She's been in Grant MacEwan for 5 yrs.
Me: Wait, just a minute.  I read in the Edmonton Journal that lots of students go to school part-time and work part-time so they can go to school.  They can only afford to take 2 or 3 classes at a time, so that's why it's taking so long.

Song: I found this solo male artist named Conor Maynard.  He's British and 20 yrs old.  I heard his song "Can't Say No" and I really liked it because you can dance to it.  I really like his song "Pictures."  He sings in the bridge:

How am I supposed to remember?
I got the memories,
But the memories fade baby,
What am I gonna show to my kids girl?
When I'm older and my mind is telling me to forget you,
What's gonna make me remember?

Chorus:

That's why I was always taking pictures, pictures
Cause' I didn't wanna miss our thing, miss our thing
Tell me how could you take the pictures, pictures
When you knew they were all that I had left, nothing left
They were part of our history, this story
I was always taking pictures,
Cause' I didn't wanna miss you so bad
Miss you this bad, miss you so bad, miss you so

Here's the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb1mbzbqIvI

I like this song because he takes pictures to remember.  As for me, I write to remember.  That's why I have this blog.  It's like a journal.  If I want to remember something, I can look into this blog.

Memory disease: I have thought about getting amnesia, dementia, or Alzheimer.  What if you don't remember who you are?  I have this blog.

Imagination: Don't you ever imagine having amnesia?  I have due to all those TV shows and movies with those story lines like The Bourne Identity.  I can imagine have amnesia, and then someone tells me: "If you want to know who you are, go read your blog and check your Facebook."

Then I would be going through my blog and be like: "Did I really write so much stuff about Dateline: To Catch a Predator and teen pregnancy?  Looks like I'm really into Amnesty International because I'm always putting up their email newsletters here."  lol.  

Mar. 25 Dollhouse: A few weeks ago I was checking out what's on TV on Sat.  I see that the old sci-fi TV show Dollhouse was on Game TV.  That show came out in 2008 and lasted 2 seasons.  It was from Buffy creator Joss Whedon and it starred Eliza Dushku (Faith from Buffy.)

On imdb.com, the show is described: "A futuristic laboratory assigns different tasks to its various residents, who then have their memories erased upon the completion of their assignments."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1135300/?ref_=sr_6

I remember watching the pilot.  It shows Echo who is racing her motorcycle against a guy through Chinatown.  It then stops at a restaurant and the guy wins.  They then dance and party.  It was really fun.  Then Echo has to back to Dollhouse and then she receives her treatment. 

Echo: Did I fall asleep?
Topher: Only for a little bit.

When I saw that, I was like: "That is so sad.  She had this great experience and she has no memory of it."

Mar. 25 Post Secret:

"I started watching Bob Ross to deal with my anxiety.  It works better than any medication I have ever been on and I am learning to paint too!"

"I had money, careers, degrees, vacations, every material thing I ever really wanted.  None of it made me as deeply happy as 'coming out.'"

"I killed my cat of many years...with my bare hands.  I think because my girlfriend chose abortion.  I love that nobody."

Email:
Having read so many secrets throughout the years, I think I am the most disturbed by this one. I don't know if I should be proud for feeling compassion towards this defenseless animal or shame for not showing that same compassion to the struggling secret sender.

Email:
It saddens me that more people will will feel sorry for the cat than for the unborn child.

Email:
I feel most concern for his girlfriend.
"I've wasted 1/3 of my life (but not anymore!)"

"I am having an affair with my soul mate.  She is a marriage counselor."

"Thinking of the future makes me panic."

"I won't give up."  (Picture of a typewriter.)

Mar. 28: Here's some more memory episodes I saw on TV.

The Mentalist: There was an episode called "Fugue in Red."  It was written by Bruno Heller (the show's creator) and Daniel Cerone.  The show is about Patrick Jane and he's a consultant for the California Bureau of Investigation.  Jane is quirky and years ago he was like a fake psychic/ con artist.  Then he insulted the serial killer Red John on TV, and RJ killed Jane's wife and daughter as revenge.

Jane then joins the CBI.  In this episode, Jane is attacked from behind and he is drowned into a lake.  Agent Theresa Lisbon comes and saves him.  However, Jane has no memory of what happened in the past 5 yrs, and he goes back to his con-man persona.  He pick pockets Agent Rigsby's wallet and does a psychic show at a club.

Agent Cho: Don't take this the wrong way, but after his family was killed, Jane became a better person.

I have to agree.  At the end of the ep, Lisbon takes Jane back to his old house where he used to live with his family.  Jane then remembers.

When he's in the CBI, Jane still kind of has a con artist personality, but he uses his traps and tricks to figure out who the murderer is.

Life- changing events: The life- changing events that affected how I grew was:

2002: In gr. 11.  I was struggling in school because it was so hard.  I worked very hard for 3 months with my sister tutoring in math everyday, that I was able to pass math and science.  I learned that hard work does pay off.  I rather work hard and fail, then not try at all. 

2006: When I got laid off from Call Centre #1.  I learned a lot about job security and anger management.

2010-2012: Change was slower around here because there wasn't really big events.  After I got laid off from the Soup place, I went to office job search mode.  I became very business-minded and thought about money and work.  I became more left-brain here.

Castle: In the episode called "The Fifth Bullet" where Marc Blucas guest- stars (Riley from Buffy), he is a man with amnesia.  The show is about a acclaimed writer named Richard Castle who follows Detective Kate Beckett around as he writes his mystery novels that's based on her.

Castle talks about how he would love to not remember, and then read his books over again for the first time.

Me: Yeah, then I can look at The Vertex Fighter script with fresh eyes.  Mainly, I write a script.  Take a break from it from a few days, a week, few weeks, months, and whatever.  Then I go back to it.

No comments: