Saturday, January 26, 2013

Inspirational quotes Part 12 (Confidence)



Astrologer Georgia Nicols mantras for 2011:

“Out with the old and in with the new.” –Aries mantra

“I appreciate who I am and what I have.” –Taurus mantra

“I’m thinking big because anything is possible.”- Gemini mantra

“I welcome every chance to promote my good name.” –Cancer mantra

“I’m enjoying my success and am happy to keep working.” Leo mantra

“Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better.” –Virgo mantra

“I’m happiest using my power to benefit others.”-Capricorn mantra

“I am grateful for the joy in my personal life.” –Aquarius mantra

“The key to my success if my belief in myself.” –Pisces mantra

“Self-discovery is making friends with myself.”-Libra mantra

“I’m not giving up things.  I’m lightening up.”-Scorpio mantra

“The secret of my success is making all my encounters a win-win situation.” –Sagittarius


Astrologer Georgia Nicols mantras for 2012:

“I welcome every chance to promote my good name.”

“Self- discovery is making friends with myself.”

“I am happiest using my power to benefit others.”

“I’m not giving up things, I’m lightening up!”

“I am grateful for the joy in my personal life.”

“I am enjoying my success and happy to keep working!”

“Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better.”

“I appreciate who I am and what I have.”

“The key to my success is my belief in myself.”

“The secret of my success is making all my encounters a win-win situation.”

“I’m thinking big because anything is possible!”


Astrologer Georgia Nicols mantras for 2013:

“I’m getting stronger and my home life is improving!” –Aries mantra

“My belief in what I can do is the biggest thing shaping my future.” –Taurus mantra

“The harder I work, the luckier I get.” –Gemini mantra

“Every day I appreciate my good fortune!” –Cancer mantra

“If I support my home, my home will support me.”-Leo mantra

“Yes, my life is changing; but change can arrive bearing gifts.”-Virgo mantra

“I will never again be as young as I am today.” –Capricorn mantra

“I deserve the success in my life because I earned them.”- Aquarius mantra

“I survived; I’m stronger and looking forward to my future!” –Pisces mantra

“I want to enrich my life by discovering things that I don’t know I don’t know.” –Libra mantra

“I’m putting my needs first to stay strong enough to take care of others.” –Scorpio mantra

“Letting go is not loss- it’s freedom!” –Sagittarius mantra

“You focus on the limitations, that’s what you will get.  Among the clouds there are openings and opportunities.  Use your intuition like a compass.” -24 horoscope (on Nov. 14, 2011)

Aug. 11, 2011 Today’s birthday by Nancy Black: “This year may bring career changes.  Wait to take action until Mercury goes direct (after Aug. 26).  Choose a profession close to your heart.  It’s okay to support your passion with something less fulfilling.  Keep your day job until the night job pays.”

“Nothing can stop you as long as you stay focused and resolute in your belief that solutions are out there.” –horoscope by Jacqueline Bigar on Jan. 8, 2013

“Grab every chance to travel, study and explore more of the world.  You want adventure, thrills and inspirational, new knowledge.  Sign up for courses.  Be a tourist in your own city.  Do something out of the ordinary.” –Mar. 19, 2012 horoscope, National Post

“You know where you want to be.  What will it take to make that so?  Once you cross the line, you could be way overdue.”- horoscope by Jacqueline Bigar on Jun. 10, 2012

“The planets urge you to be a little less independent.  Your path to success is through reaching out to other people.  Work harder to bring down barriers that have been standing in the way of good relations.” –horoscope by Sally Brompton on May, 28, 2012

 “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face.” -Helen Keller

“Whatever we expect with confidence becomes our own self-fulfilling prophecy.” -Brian Tracy

“Confidence is courage at ease.” -Daniel Maher

“Having once decided to achieve a certain task, achieve it at all costs of tedium and distaste. The gain in self-confidence of having accomplished a tiresome labor is immense.” - Thomas A. Bennett

“Nothing builds self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment.”-Thomas Carlyle

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”-Dale Carnegie

“The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear.”-William Jennings Bryan

“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” -Eleanor Roosevelt

One of my favourite snippets of movie-dialogue is this one from the 1999 film Three Kings.

In this scene Major Archie Gates (George Clooney) wants the small team to save a fellow soldier and steal Saddam’s gold just after the first Gulf War has ended.
T
he young soldier Conrad Vig (Spike Jonze) has his doubts about the plan:
Archie Gates: You’re scared, right?
Conrad Vig: Maybe.
Archie Gates: The way it works is, you do the thing you’re scared sh--less of, and you get the courage AFTER you do it, not before you do it.
Conrad Vig: That’s a dumbass way to work. It should be the other way around.
Archie Gates: I know. That’s the way it works.

“One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self- confidence is preparation.”
Arthur Ashe

“Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.”-Peter T. Mcintyre

“I quit being afraid when my first venture failed and the sky didn’t fall down.”-Allen H. Neuharth

“The world has the habit of making room for the man whose words and actions show that he knows where he is going.” -Napoleon Hill

“Don’t listen to anyone who tells you that you can’t do this or that. That’s nonsense. Make up your mind, you’ll never use crutches or a stick, then have a go at everything. Go to school, join in all the games you can. Go anywhere you want to. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible.”
-Douglas Bader

“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.” –Henry David Thoreau 

“Your chances of succeeding increases. Every time you fail you can learn and increase your inner strength. So every failure can make you more and more likely to succeed.” - Henrik Edberg

“When you know more about who you are and what you want out of life – not other people say you want – you will have more confidence in yourself and what you can do.” Henrik Edberg

“Confidence gives a fool the advantage over a wise man.”- William Hazlitt (English essayist.  1778-1830).

“Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit. – E.E. Cummings”

“If you don't think it's worth it to invest in yourself, nobody else will either.”  –Nat Mundel of Voyage media

“Working without a strategy has its consequences.  Working smarter has its rewards.” –Nat Mundel of Voyage media

“Character is that which can do without success.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

“A single journey can change the course of a life.” –Louis Vuitton's ad with Angelina Jolie

I got this from leadership coach Jon Gordon: http://www.thepositivepledge.com/

I pledge to be a positive person and positive influence on my family, friends, co-workers and community.

I promise to be positively contagious and share more smiles, laughter, encouragement and joy with those around me.

I vow to stay positive in the face of negativity.

When I am surrounded by pessimism I will choose optimism.

When I experience a challenge I will look for opportunity to learn and grow.

When faced with adversity I will find strength.

When I experience a setback, I will be resilient.

When I meet failure I will fail forward toward future success.

With vision, hope, and faith, I will never give up and will always move forward towards my destiny.

I believe my best days are ahead of me, not behind me.

I believe I’m here for a reason and my purpose is greater than my challenges.

I believe that being positive not only makes me better, it makes everyone around me better.

Today and every day I will be positive and strive to make positive impact on the world.

No comments: