Thursday, September 27, 2012

Millwoods Town Centre/ Post Secret/ intellectual stamina

Sept. 3 Millwoods Town Centre: On Fri. I had a job interview in Millwoods, so I went to the Town Centre to shop around before it started.  There was a store called SIA and it was closing down.  80% off their oriental things like dresses, Chinese fans, and jewelery.  It kind of reminds me of that other store in City Centre mall called Oriental Home before it closed down.

I've been through the mall once before months ago.  I was walking through it to get to another job interview.  I noticed there is a library there.  That reminds me of when I was a kid, I was there a couple of times in that library.

I went to Fabric Land store, because I haven't been to one before.  I checked it out and I realized I wouldn't be able to work there because I have no interest in sewing.  I'm into arts and crafts, but not this.  I see there's a store that sells medical clothing like scrubs with interesting patterns.  That's probably because there are a lot of medical clinics around the mall.

Labor Day weekend: Yesterday and today, I worked long shifts at the restaurant.  Only on Fri. was the fun I had.  I can assume that no one puts up job ads today, so I'm going to give myself a break, and not look for a job.  Instead I will read other things that have nothing do with my job search.

Sept. 4 Boston Pizza: Today is my day off, so I used my gift card at BP.  I ordered the fettucini with Alfredo sauce.  It was $7 and that's a good price.  You can't really get pasta at a fast food place.  Maybe at an Italian one, but there aren't a lot of Italian fast food places.  It was a good price.  The food was average.

Fun: I then recycled a pen at Staples.  I then noticed that there are a couple of people scaling down the Sutton Place Hotel in downtown.  They were raising money for the Easter Seals.  They were wearing costumes as they scaled down.  I watched for a few min. 

Sept. 8 City Centre: Today I did something fun after work.  All week, the restaurant wasn't really busy.  I went to Staples and recycled a pen and a battery.  They're hiring full-time staff and I asked if there were benefits.  The sales guy said yes.  It's close by, benefits, big store so there's room to grow it and more job security.

The cons are I won't get tips.  I may only get min. wage $9.75/hr.  It's also only a lateral move job-wise.  I did the math $9.75 x 40hr= $390.  That's about the same if I work part-time at my restaurant.  So I should get a 2nd job instead of quit one restaurant job for another retail job.

I went to the new Le Chateau store in City Centre mall.  It was on the 2nd floor, but they moved to the 3rd floor.  The store is smaller, but it's more of a fit in location because it's right by high-end clothing stores like Jacob, Urban, Club Monaco, Danier Leather which is where I went to.

There's a new Halloween store called Soul of Halloween if you want to buy your costumes and decorations.  Lots of stores are selling Halloween items right now.

Sept. 9 Post Secret: There was this secret of a postcard with a cartoon of a guy proposing to his girlfriend.  It said "Momo...Matt agreed me for permission to propose to you..."

Email: Frank, Please share how this secret ends if you hear from Matt. My fingers are crossed too.

Matt then emailed this 54 sec video.  He's sitting on the couch and he's filming his girlfriend sitting on the kitchen counter scrolling Post Secret on her laptop.  Then she turns around and asks: "Are you kidding me?"

He then goes over to her: "Will you marry me?"  She's crying and she says yes.  Aww...

Sept. 11 Closed down: I was at City Centre and I noticed Kiwi Kiss closed down.  It opened at the end of 2009 and sold frozen yogurt.  They gave free samples and I had an acai berry one.  

The Rogers Video on Jasper Ave is closing down.  They had videos and then sold out.  Then they were just selling cell phones, but it's a big store, and you don't need that much space to sell cell phones.  There's a Rogers in City Centre mall, and it's a small place.

I was by Northgate Centre, and I saw that Zellers has now been replaced with Wal-mart.

Emelee: On Aug. 29, I got this email from the singer Emelee.  I first found her on Myspace back in 2006.  I emailed her and she emailed me back.  I bought her album "Kiss" in 2007 by getting my friend Leslie to download it on Itunes.  She then burned it onto a cd for me.

Emelee sent this to me and a whole bunch of people:

Hey Everybody!

For those of you that don't know yet, I have some really amazing things happening with my career! Daddy Yankee and I have a new single coming out soon called "Lose Control"  Check out the link below to hear the song. Feel free to like it, leave a comment, and share with your friends :)

Thank you all so much for your love and support all these years <3 br="br">
   Love,
     Emelee


Here's the song: It's a good dance song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyOcYnSykPs&feature=related

Sept. 13 Joke: Last night my sister called home and said she wasn't coming home for dinner.  My brother answered the phone.

Me: Why?  Is she staying late to work?
P: I don't know.
Me: "Can we order Chinese food?"  Get it?
P: Yeah.

It was from The Simpsons about the Malibu Stacy doll being too sexist so Lisa makes a doll called Lisa Lionheart.  Cut to the Malibu Stacy company is at a meeting.

Boss: We have to think of something even if takes us all night.
Worker: Can we order Chinese food?
Boss: Yes.
Workers agree and are happy.
lol.

Coffee: Today was my day off so I used a McDonald's coupon to get a free coffee.  It said I could get a hot chocolate or specialty coffee like a mocha.  I went to the City Centre mall, and they said they only had regular coffee.  So I took a cup of regular with sugar and cream.  It tasted okay.  I don't think there's ever a bad cup of coffee.  You just need to add milk, cream, sugar to make it taste good.

Intellectual stamina: Hazel Taylor emailed me this article "10 Everyday Ways to Build your Intellectual Stamina."  The things I know already like reading, exercising, doing puzzles, and eating well.  There is about getting along like get with friends and play games with them.

If you talk to yourself or think out loud, it will make your mind clearer. Also revel in distractions sometimes to reset your mind.

http://www.onlinephdprograms.com/10-everyday-ways-to-build-your-intellectual-stamina/

Sept. 14 Bars: I went to see my counselor today and she encouraged me expand my world.  So today I stretched a bit and entered the Brothy.  It's this restaurant and wine is a big seller it seems.  The menu looked expensive with $4 for a cup of soup and $7 for a bowl. 

I then went to the Public House.  That's a bar on Jasper Ave.  The doors are open and it has a patio.  I entered it and it's dark inside.  There's a big chalkboard with prices of beer written all over it.  There is dark wood all around the walls and floors.  By the door, there is a sign with all the designated drivers and taxis you can call to get you home.  It used to be the Bank Ultralounge back in 2007.

I then walked next block to Sultan Express.  I think that's what it's called.  It used to be Moonlight Cafe.  Now it sells lots of donairs and falafels.

No comments: