Thursday, August 23, 2012

long weekend/ comedy comparisons/ Pregnancy Pact

Aug. 7 Long weekend: I worked in the mornings of Sat. and Sun. as usual.  However, a producer sent me a script to read, and I read it and made notes on it.  I then sent it to him.

Shopping: I did do some fun stuff like go to City Centre.  Did you know the store Tea Desire moved their store?  It went to where the old shoe store Feet First was in.  This new location is so good with the bright lights to show off all their teapots and mugs.  They also sold tea.

Concord Diamond closed down, but there are still lots of jewelry stores like Silversmith, Peoples, and Boulevard Diamond.

I went to Zellers website, and all the Edmonton locations have closed down except the one at West Ed mall and Bonnie Doon.  There's still the one at Kingsway, but they're not liquidating yet.

Aug. 9: Also Jacob clothing store is selling perfume now.  Dollerama also sells fragrances too.  I didn't know that.  There are lots of sales because summer is ending and they need to clear stuff out for the fall.

Happy Harbor Comics: I went there last month before an appointment.  It's by MacEwan City Centre campus.  They're like other comic book stores with comics, toys, books, etc.  If you're into that stuff, check it out.

Law of attraction:

Song:
Last month I heard the song "Lonely no more" by Rob Thomas (of the band Matchbox 20) at Bonnie Doon mall.  I really like that song.  Later that day I went to Kingsway mall, and they were playing that song.

Person:
Last month I was thinking about this guy that used to work at Restaurant #2.  He wasn't a really good worker because he missed shifts and was late.  One time he came in when there was an 1hr and a half left of work, so the boss said they didn't need him.  I thought about him and then later that day I was in downtown, and I ran into him.

Summer fun: Isabella Loren sent me this article "8 Ways to Make Summer School Feel like a Vacation."  It's a light article like study by the pool.  It did mention reading for pleasure, that's why there's something called "summer reading."

Comedy comparisons:

Eating in bed: I thought of this as I was eating chips in bed.  On Family Guy, there was a clip of Ernie and Bert from Sesame Street sleeping in the same bed.

Ernie: I really wish you would stop drinking.
Bert:  Yeah, well I really wish you stop eating cookies in bed because you're leaving crumbs everywhere!
Ernie: You're shouting Bert, stop shouting.

It's like on Angel season 1.  Cordelia's apartment had cockroaches so she stays at Angel's place.  Cordelia was eating breakfast, and Doyle enters.  Angel enters wearing a robe and shorts.

Angel: Cordelia, you got peanut butter on my bed.
Cordelia: I didn't eat peanut butter in your bed.  I don't know how it got there.
She leaves.
Doyle is upset because it looked like Angel and Cordelia slept together.

Doyle: Angel, you know I liked her.
Angel: She slept in the bed, I slept on the couch.

Joke: I was going through my agenda, and I heard this joke when I was working at Telemarketer #2 job.

"What did one stop light say to another?  Don't look, I'm changing."
lol.

Answering machines:
When I worked at Telemarketer #2, I called some numbers that gave me some funny answering machine messages.

"Leaving a message on an answering machine is like standing and saying your name on a crowded bus.  Some sit down and some feel comfortable.  So what are you in life of a crowded bus?"

"You got the machine which is probably due to a teenage crisis.  When it's diverged, we'll call back."

"This machine is linked in to kill this kitten if you don't leave a message.  (Meowing.)  If you don't leave a message, I will kill it.  The choice is yours."

Positive: Also when I worked there, one worker shared a story about how he called this woman.  They talked a bit and she said she had cancer and she's too busy and has to go to the hospital for chemotherapy.  She did buy the tickets later as a way to treat herself.

Wes Brown: I was checking out this actor on Youtube, and there's a little interview of him.  He talks about True Blood, and how he's on Scandal and Hart of Dixie.  He talks about he's so grateful and blessed for the work he's gotten.  The comments on Youtube are really nice.

He seems really down to earth.  He also wears dark frame glasses that I haven't seen him in before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8ixWaRB9fQ

Donnel Shawn: I was reading my 2009 agenda and I have written him down.  He's a R&B singer and here's his song "Superhero."  Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl67RAKgX7o

College majors: Hazel Taylor sent me this "10 College Majors Most Likely to Experience Depression."  One of them is law.  I agree with this, because I saw someone go into law and graduate.  "Debates swirl over whether or not the actual structure of the classes directly contributes to this unfortunate statistic, or if law school just attracts a particularly depressed demographic."

The person I know wasn't depressed before she got into law school.  After she graduated, she was really happy to not be practicing law.  She has a career, and makes money.

Other things were creative like creative writing, arts, and liberal arts because there isn't good job security.  Did you know that architecture has a 13% unemployment rate?  Medicine, engineering, and IT have good job security, but it's also really hard to study.

Aug. 10 Writing: It's interesting.  When I write about happy things like the above jokes, my mood lifts up.

Pregnancy Pact: I saw this TV movie a few weeks ago.  It was on a Fri. night and I wanted to have some fun.  This came out in 2010.  It was based on a true story in 2008.  The story in the news was how a group of teen girls made a pact to get pregnant on purpose so they could raise their kids together.

The actors are Thora Birch (American Beauty) who plays the reporter Sidney Bloom who investigates the story for her teen news website.  She was living in that small town for a couple years before she moved away.  It's mainly about Sara (Madisen Beaty) and her 3 friends who get pregnant on purpose.  These are two protagonist and the stories keep it between these two.

First off, they make the teen girls who get pregnant look really dumb.  Like getting pregnant on purpose isn't stupid enough, they ignore the health risks they put their babies in.  One smokes during her pregnancy.  Another one says she's going to have a sip, or half a drink of alcohol at a party.  Later, there's a scene where they do drink when they're pregnant.

Sidney has a high school ex-boyfriend Brady (David Clayton Rogers).  He is now working at the school as a vice-principal.  It was a good story when it's slowly revealed that Sidney got pregnant and she gotten an abortion.  He has now moved on and gotten married and has 2 kids.  He really wanted her to have the baby and get married, but she didn't.

It's not until the end, Sidney makes a video for her website and says: "I said I had an abortion.  But I didn't.  Then conveniently my parents moved me to Florida.  I didn't have an abortion.  I gave it up for adoption."  There's drama as Brady says he will try to find his son, and Sidney tells him that if he does find him, don't tell her.

Sara's storyline is that she has a boyfriend named Jesse and they talk about marriage.  Sara's 3 friends are pregnant, and then she gets pregnant on purpose too.  She explains to Sidney that having a baby and being married makes her happy.  Sara's mom Lorraine (Nancy Travis.  I've seen her play a mom in TV movie The Party Never Stops) sees her throwing up.  She knows she's pregnant.

There are the consequences like how Sara's dad drags her to Jesse's house to tell him she's pregnant.

Lorraine (to husband): She faces humiliation, we face humiliation.
They fight because there are hospital bills.

Jesse says he feels guilty and stupid that he didn't pull out or buy condoms without anyone knowing.  Later Rose has her baby and has 37 stitches and tore herself down there.  I didn't predict that.  The baby is in the incubator.

It turns out it's $13,000 for one slot in a daycare.  Sidney says: "Pass out a condom that's $1 to prevent this."  Sidney buys condoms for a teen girl because she's too embarrassed to buy them for herself.  So Sidney buys it for her and says: "You either be uncomfortable for a couple of min. buying them or extremely uncomfortable for 9 months."

It's an average TV movie.  I recommend you watch it on Youtube, like I did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZowEautyuDo&feature=related

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1528227/

The Pregnancy Project:
I found this TV movie starring Alexa Vega (Spy Kids).  It's based on a true story of how a teen girl named Gaby Rodriguez fakes a pregnancy for her school project.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2087985/

Here's a clip and interview.  However, this TV movie isn't on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cCy6pJb5x8

No comments: