Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Post Secret/ song/ comparisons

Jul. 8 Post Secret: Here are some hard secrets:

"I never told anyone that my cousin was molested...now she sells coke and cut yourself."

Me: The lesson to anyone reading is: "If you're molested, tell someone.  If you know someone is molested, then tell someone."  Your cousin can still get counseling. 

"I'm scared I'll go too crazy in college."

Me: At least you can acknowledge that you may have a problem, so it's good you're self aware. 

"I don't have the courage to tell my feminist friends I have an eating disorder.  I am a total hypocrite.  I feel like a failure." 

Me: Get counseling. 

Some positive secrets:

"You made an offhand comment to a guy at your bar.  It saved my marriage.  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!" 

"My stay in the psych ward as a teenager helped prepare me for college."

"I wish I had gone on another trip with my mom instead of spending money on s--- I didn't need or even want.  She is so much fun to travel with."

Me: I read that you can buy happiness on the right stuff.  Spend it on experiences like a trip instead of things.

There's a picture of China: "I quit my job to come here.  It's the most stupid ("most stupid" is crossed out) BRAVEST thing I have ever done.  I have never been more happier or confident than I am right now.  Whatever crazy thing you're thinking of; DO IT!"

Jul. 9 Comedy comparisons: I want to add to the "getting scared about things that aren't supposed to be scary."  On The Simpsons, they made fun of The X-Files.  Cut to Homer and Bart camping in the woods so they can film the alien that Homer saw.

They are sitting around a campfire as Bart tells a scary story.
Bart: And that is how much Maggie's college tuition is going to cost.
Homer looks scared.

Song: I found this on Youtube.  It says "Usher ripped off OMG from the Simpsons?"  I heard it, and I was like: "Oh my god, it sounds similar in the beat and the lyrics."  They played the songs separately, and then together.

Usher's "OMG" song (verse 1):
Honey got a booty like pow, pow, pow
Honey got some boobies like wow, oh wow

Homer Simpson:
Christmas in December, wow, wow, wow
Give me tons of presents, now, now, now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgCo5DVX3XQ

Jul. 11 Twitter: I got an email that someone is following me on Twitter.  It's Gay Russia @GayRussians.  I was like: "What?  Why are they following me?"  Three people follow me in total.  My friend McKenzie, and the TV show Signs.

Here's Gay Russia on Facebook if you want to check them out:
http://www.facebook.com/GayRussia

Jul. 12 Comparisons: When I write, I'm always able to notice some things have been done on other TV shows.

Academic rivals: I was writing about why these characters are rivals.  It was done on Veronica Mars where Veronica is competing for the Lily Kane scholarship with another girl.  It was also done on that old teen sitcom Breaker High.  You know, Canadian movie star Ryan Gosling was on that show before he got big in the movies.

I was just looking up the black girl Denise who was the smart one of the group and how she was competing against this guy on an academic game show.  The actress's name is Persia White.  I thought that sounded familiar.  Then I checked her on imdb.com and it turns out she plays Bonnie's mom on The Vampire Diaries now.  Wow, I didn't know that.

It's not very exciting because it's people studying.  That's not very active in action.

Teens in academic game show: It can be exciting if done like this.  It was done on the teen sitcom Sweet Valley High where Jessica Wakefield did really well on the test, got a 162.  She meets this Asian guy who will be her partner on the game show, and she is instantly attracted to him.  However, it later turns out she got a 62 on the test, so she's not really prepared to go on the show.

It was done on Sabrina the Teenage Witch.  Sabrina was on an academic team, but then the team got food poisoning.  So she got friends Harvey, Valerie, and her enemy Libby on the team.  Something about Sabrina's house is filled with these flowers that made her aunts sleepy.  Sabrina is half-mortal, so she had to literally clean out all the poppies, because she couldn't get rid of it with her magic.

It was done on Degrassi: The Next Generation.  It lead to the school shooting.

Making and selling drugs for a greater goal: On Breaking Bad, the lead character is a science teacher and has cancer.  To make sure his family is provided for when he dies, he makes and sells drugs.

It was kind of done on Republic of Doyle.  The teen girl Teeny needs money to go far away in college, so she grows pot.

Jul. 14 Setting a fire as a distraction: I was watching The Listener's episode called "Rogue's Gallery."  Toby sets a fire as a distraction to smoke out some people.  Now I just remembered it was done on Angel season 1 ep "War Zone."  It's about street kids and run by Gunn.  There's a smoke bomb thrown in their home, and then everybody runs out.  Vampires were to kidnap Gunn's sister.

Pulling a fire alarm as a distraction: I remember the 2007 TV movie called Wide Awake.  It stars Missy Peregrym before she got big on her TV show Rookie Blue.  In the TV movie, she pulls a fire alarm as a distraction.  Then I remember in a later episode it was done on The Mentalist.

Jul. 16 Life comparisons: I have started on another direction.  I was thinking about how I'm maybe being too picky in my job search.  Since 2008, when my parents and sister told me that staffing agencies are bad, I have been avoiding applying to them.  In 2011, I did my office job search for the entire year and gave 100% effort and time into it.

Now it's 2012, and I asked my dad if I should try staffing agencies.  He says: "Sure, but I doubt that you will get a job through them."  Today I started applying to them.

It's weird.  The whole time I was applying to them, I was thinking: "This is like after years of being told to not smoke cigarettes, because it will cause cancer.  Now today you're lighting up and started smoking."  lol.

Charity: Charlie Sheen is going to donate 1% of his profits from his new TV show Anger Management to USO.   USO is a non-profit organization is support troops by providing recreation-type and morale boasting entertainment events to them.
http://www.uso.org/

Art: I was going through my Freelance Writer's group emails and I found this website.  It shows art and cartoons.  It's really good.  One picture that stood out was a cat that hung himself with: "Mediocrity killed the Cat."
http://bramvanleeuwen.tumblr.com/

Jul. 19 Science podcasts: Anna Miller sent me this "40 Fun Podcasts for Science Geeks" through my blog.  I'm not interested in it, but I read it to see if it might interest one of my friends who was a science major.  If you're into science, you can check it out.

http://www.onlinedegrees.org/40-fun-podcasts-for-science-geeks/

Jul. 22 Happiness: I was reading Post Secret today and a post card said this:

"Once I stopped judging my happiness by other's lives, I became happier."

No comments: