Thursday, June 28, 2012

law of attraction/ Snow White and the Huntsman/ Art Works Festival

Jun. 18 Law of attraction: The other day, I was reading the business section of the newspaper talking about confidence.  It mentioned "fake it till you make it."  Fake confidence until you feel confident.  Today I was thinking about it like you should apply it during a job interview. 

I was also thinking about that Dateline: To Catch a Predator about that 35 yr old guy dating a 12 yr old girl.  He seemed to be totally faking that he's interested in her when he's obviously not.  He seems to think that if he fakes he's in love with her, he will be in love with her.

Then today my sister said "fake it till you make it" about working.  Interesting, this phrase seems to pop up.

Jun. 20 Song: Yesterday I was listening to the radio station Hot 107.  They were playing the song "Ride with Me" by Nelly.  The DJ Bree was talking.

Bree: A girl just called and asked what the song was called.  I was like: "Seriously, you don't know what's the song's called?"  She (girl) said: "No, I've never heard of it before."  I was like: "It's 'Ride with Me'" by Nelly.  What year were you born in?  She's like: "1999."  So old songs can be new to some people.

Me: lol.  I think that song came out around 2000, 2001.  When I heard that the girl never heard of that song before, I immediately thought she must be young.

Jun. 22 Flashback: I went to a Christmas party at work with my friend/co-worker 6 months ago.  She left early and gave me her raffle ticket to win prizes.  We didn't win anything.  This month I went to another party at work and entered to win a prize.  I won two movie tickets and I told my friend about it.  She said she wanted to see Snow White and the Huntsman, so we went to it today.  It's a good way to spend a Fri. afternoon.

I remember that she did buy a cheesecake and shared the slices to all the co-workers one time.  I even remember back in high school she bought like this twinkies treat and shared one with me even when I didn't ask.    


Snow White and the Huntsman: 
 I don't usually like watching movies in the theatre because I don't like to pay to see something.  You don't have anything to show for it.  I also don't like sitting for long periods of time without taking a break here and there.

The movie has really good cinematography and special effects.  It was a compelling story with interesting characters.  There was lots of action which I liked.  I'm not a fan of things set in the olden times, but the fantasy kept it interesting.

There was lots of suspense, tension, and surprise.  There wasn't much of a romance in it.  I didn't find it predictable at all.  The only thing I could see coming was that Snow White has to face off the Queen on her own.

My only nitpick was in the beginning of the movie.  How convenient that when a character needs a horse, it's there.  I recommend you watch this movie.  It's epic.

Jun. 23 Job: This must be the law of attraction working.  After I saw the movie, I went and decided to check out this clothing store.  As soon as I walked in, I found the guy I had a rift with at work, before he got dismissed.  I immediately stepped out of the store and kind of looked to see if it really is him from the window.

Yeah, it's him.  I could go up to him and say: "Who are you tell me I'm not a good worker compared to what you did?"  But I'm not mean and stuck up.  I just want to tell him to get off his high horse.  Then again, you could say the same thing to me: "You get off your high horse.  You got dismissed from those 2 telemarketer jobs because you didn't sell anything."  Forget him.  I did tell 2 of my co-workers where he works at now.

That is so weird.  It's like how I also found him on that online dating site.

Feelings: I feel like I want to have fun.  Probably because it's the summer.  I know there's lots of productive things for me to do.  I kind of mixed fun and business together like reading the business sections of my newspapers for an hr, outside while enjoying the weather.

Jun. 25 Jonathan Goldstein: I read his column in the National Post on the section Weekend Post.  He talks about his week.  Last week he talked about working as a telemarketer selling subscriptions to a newspaper.  It may be the law of attraction where I work and think about being a telemarketer, and then this article appears.

He's a quirky writer.  He talks about the constant rejection and how a new girl who starts working there.  It was her first job and she cried.  JG says:"If you really hate it, you should just quit."
  She did on the same day.  The article closes with: 

"I would eventually develop the requisite moxie to tell myself just that. But unfortunately, it would take 10 years."  Here's the whole article:


http://www.nationalpost.com/related/topics/called+during+dinner/6829907/story.html

Art Works Festival: Today after work, I went to the Art Works Festival in Churchill Square.  It has the arts and crafts like selling jewelery, clothes, bags, and art.  Some art was clay, photos, and painting.  I got into this fun conversation with this artist Jordan.  I think she was 17 or 18 yrs old.

Me: Did you go to school to learn art?
Jordan: No, I'm self-taught.
Me: Did you go to Victoria Performing Arts High School?
Jordan: No, I went to St. Joseph in gr. 10,11, and in gr. 12 I home- schooled.  My art is supposed to pay so I could take art in college.

Me: You mean the arts program at Grant MacEwan?
Jordan: No, I'm going to Red Deer College.  

Phabrik magazine: I also picked up a free issue of Phabrik magazine.  There are really nice pictures of fashion.  I took one so I can give it to my sister.  Here's a blog about a model being on the cover of it.  The pictures of the model came out well.  Check it out: 

http://mode-edmonton.blogspot.ca/2011/09/megan-covers-phabrik-magazine.html

Jun. 26 James Dean:
Kate Croston emailed this article "10 Things James Dean Would have Tweeted."  I'm a fan of his since 2005.  I have all these pictures of him up in my room.  It's kind of fun to read this article if you're a fan of his or want to know more about him.  The facts about him are accurate.http://www.internetservice.net/2012/10-things-james-dean-would-have-tweeted/

Teen Mom: My friend Sherry sent me this article about Teen Mom star Amber Portwood.  Did you know that she gets paid $280,000 a year?  I then told this to my brother and he said: "Yeah, I told you that before."  I guess I forgot, but I had to see it to believe it.

Some comments below the article said what I was thinking: "If the teen moms get paid so well, then how come they look so broke?"  Or the very least not looking they live a lavish lifestyle.  It's like I don't believe they could make that kind of money.  Or at least they don't show them spending it.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/114528/teen_mom_amber_portwood_is


Jun. 27 J Mack Slaughter: This was a long time ago, but I found the actor J Mack Slaughter on Facebook.  He was on the TV sitcom Like Family back in 2003-2004.  Here's his info on imdb.com:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1416245/


He stopped acting after that show got cancelled after one season, and is now in medical school.  He's still being creative by playing his guitar.

No comments: