Saturday, May 26, 2012

Dateline/ comedy comparisons/ Ropes Quest

May 21 Dateline: Yesterday I was thinking about that South Park episode where Cartman had a "funny fuse."  He saw something so funny, that he didn't find anything funny afterwards.

Has that ever happened to you?  Like after you see or hear something so funny, you laugh so hard, you think: "Nothing will be as funny as this"?

It has happened to me when watching Dateline: To Catch a Predator in like 2007 or 2008.  I had written about it before. 

Cut to a predator coming into the backyard and Chris Hansen pops out with his folder.  Cut to shots of 3 different guys running away really fast.

Cut to me sitting in front of my computer.

Me: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Seriously, I was shouting the word "Ha" as I was watching it.  The entire house could hear me.  I have never laughed like this before.  I have burst out laughing before, but not like that.  I was probably laughing for 20 secs like that.

My little brother from the opposite side of the house ran downstairs.

P: Hey, what are you watching?
Me: Dateline: To Catch a Predator.

P looked confused.  I guess he was expecting something that was actually supposed to be funny like MADtv.

I did finally find the Youtube clip.  It took me about 5-10min to find it.  I do remember it was a backyard and it was in California.  The location was actually Petulama, California.  It wasn't shots of 3 guys running, it was 2 guys running. 

Now that I see it again years later, I don't really find it funny.  I was happy that I found the clip.  I had to keep clicking a bit and fast forwarding to find the shots of those guys running.  Go to the 2min mark and you will see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVgILI93LbY

May 22 Sayings: In the clip, Chris Hansen says: "Like moths to a flame, potential sex predators can't stay away."

That's so weird that CH says "like moths to a flame."  I always think of the saying: "This show is like shooting fish in a barrel."  When I was 21 and watching this show, I always thought it was so easy to do a show like this.  Get the group Perverted Justice to pretend to be a 13 yr old girl online and get the transcript.  Then get Dateline: To Catch a Predator to find a house and set up hidden cameras in it and film it. 

Go get the police in on the sting.  Predator chats with the girl, goes to the house, comes out of the house and gets arrested with the police waiting right outside.

Business mind: Now I'm 26 and I have that business mind.  Now I think: "Working on this show is a team environment.  You have to be a team player.  You have 3 departments working together.  Each department is different from one another and they collaborate very well to one common goal of arresting sexual predators."

Well Dateline seems to be more about getting ratings.  Perverted Justice and police are about the law enforcement and making the city a safer place.  Dateline is making it a safer place by having this show and educating and entertaining people.

May 23 Comedy comparisons:

Doing something bad, and running away really fast: The above Dateline clip of those guys running away really fast.  I want to add it was done on The Simpsons where Homer goes to college and makes a prank phone call to the dean.

Cut to the Dean in his office and his phone rings.
Dean: Hello?
Homer: Hello Dean, you're a big stupid head.
Dean: Homer, is that you?

Dean looks out the window and Homer is standing at a payphone outside.
Homer screams and runs away really fast.

Getting scared about things that aren't supposed to be scary: Also from The Simpsons, where Homer gets kicked out of the house by Marge because he was telling his class about his marriage.  He moves into the tree house.

Bart and Milhouse are playing by pretending to be aliens and robots.  They climb to the tree house and look scared.

Homer: Oh, don't mind me boys.  Just washing my undies.  Oh, these stubborn grass stains.
Milhouse: Bart, I like to pretend I'm scared, not really be scared.

lol.

Ropes Quest: Last Sat. night, there was supposed to be a party at work.  My friend and I were the only ones who showed up.  There really should have been an RSVP.  My friend kept texting the manager who put up the poster on the pin board, but he didn't respond.  It's not until the next day, he said he left his phone at work.

The night wasn't a total bust, because the two of us then went to Ropes Quest.  It's at West Ed mall and it's been open for about a year.  It costs $9.95 to get in.  We had passes so we got in for free.  You are strapped on harnesses and then you go on this kind of jungle gym where you walk on rope ladders, or just ropes.  The low level is like 6 feet above the ground.  The 2nd level is like 12 feet.  The 3rd level is like 20 feet high. 

We went on all 3 levels.  It was kind of fun.  It was a good work out.  I was sweating after 20min.  We were there for about 30min.  I recommend you go there, if you're not too afraid of heights.  You are strapped in tight, so you're safe.

West Ed mall: Then we went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  There were really good paintings there.  One was this holographic one.  At one angle, the picture of the yard looks like it's in the spring.  You walk by it, and it turns from autumn to winter.

Then we went to the store Editions that sells paintings that costs thousands of dollars.  I feel like we were at a art museum.

I then went to PJ's Pet Store to look at some cats, dogs, rabbits, birds, fishes, and reptiles.  I feel like I'm at a zoo. 

Parrot joke: Here's one from Daily Silly: 

One day a man went to an auction. While there, he bid on a parrot. He really wanted this bird, so he got caught up in the bidding. He kept on bidding, but kept getting outbid, so he bid higher and higher and higher. Finally, after he bid way more than he intended, he won the bid - the parrot was his at last. As he was paying for the parrot, he said to the Auctioneer, "I sure hope this parrot can talk. I would hate to have paid this much for it, only to find out that he can't talk." "Don't worry," said the Auctioneer, "He can talk. Who do you think kept bidding against you?"


Me: I thought the punchline was predictable.  I figured it out mid-way into the joke.

Question joke: Here's another from Daily Silly:


What do a divorce in Alabama, a tornado in Kansas and a hurricane in Florida have in common? No matter what, somebody's fixin' to lose a trailer.

Me: I didn't predict that one.  I had to think what they all have in common.  The bad weather in the states were accurate. 


Gender joke: Here's one from Daily Silly:


I've never understood why women love cats. Cats are independent, they don't listen, they don't come in when you call, they like to stay out all night, and when they're home they like to be left alone and sleep. In other words, every quality that women hate in a man, they love in a cat.

Me: I predicted that there was going to be a comparison between cats and men.

May 24 Snarky: It's to add to Dateline.  I was reading some snarky Youtube comments on about those 2 guys running.  Looks like it's not just me who found that part funny.

mauricej007: i love the two roadrunners at the beginning hahahha

Mufasa7270: They scurry like roaches when the light is turned on when Chris Hansen comes around the corner!!!  LMAO!!!

No comments: