Saturday, April 28, 2012

funny video/ My Chemical Romance/ The Dandelion Girl

Apr. 23 Funny video: I was looking up some Linked In TV producers.  John Kerr has put up this on Linked In.  It's about Muppets TV show pitch.  It's kind of funny if you like the Muppets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KorhvVQRUM

My Chemical Romance: A couple of weeks ago I was typing in "Chemical Brothers" into Youtube to listen to music for my job search.  Then I thought about that rock band My Chemical Romance.  I remember when they first came out in 2005 and I saw their music video "I'm Not Okay (I Promise.)"

I thought it was a fun video because it was like a movie trailer.  The rock band is at a prep school and they don't fit in.  At the 2min mark, there's a part where it seems like a guy and a girl are about to kiss, but really the guy picks something out of her eye.  He then wipes it on her shirt.  It's making fun of the cliche of a romantic moment.

There are some pranks pulled, fighting the school mascot, etc.  Overall a fun video to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZudX66IBat8

Comedy comparisons: I have to add to the "Beating yourself up."  I mentioned before the movie Liar, Liar where Jim Carrey beats himself up in the washroom and that Pepsi Max commercial where a guy beats himself up at a job interview.  Someone on twop.com added it was done in Fight Club, though I haven't seen the movie.  I don't think the scene was supposed to be funny.

I was watching Tosh. O earlier, and there was a video of a teenage boy punching himself in the face.

Daniel Tosh: That's a good way to get back at your step dad.

It was also kind of done in Happy Gilmore where Adam Sandler's character goes to a batting cage.  He then starts getting hit by baseballs to train himself to tough it out.

The Dandelion Girl: I was checking out this online dating sit and someone said: "Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit,yesterday a deer, and today, you."  I looked it up to see what it meant and it's from a science- fiction short story called "The Dandelion Girl" by Robert F. Young.

I read the summary of it, and it's a beautiful and romantic story.  There was a good plot twist at the end.  It was very creative and uplifting.  I think it should be made into a movie.

According to Wikipedia:

"The Dandelion Girl" influenced Yutaka Izubuchi in the production of the Japanese anime series RahXephon.[4] The repeated line "Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." from the story was featured in the visual novel Clannad and its anime series adaptation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dandelion_Girl

Apr. 24 Quirky: I got this from Daily Silly.  I thought it was kind of quirky, a marriage joke.
A husband and wife are shopping in their local Wal-Mart.

The husband picks up a case of Budweiser and puts it in their cart.

"What do you think you're doing?" asks the wife.

"They're on sale, only $10 for 24 cans," he replies.

"Put them back, we can't afford them," demands the wife, and so they carry on shopping.

A few aisles further on along the woman picks up a $20 jar of face cream and puts it in the basket.

"What do you think you're doing?" asks the husband.

"It's my face cream. It makes me look sexy and beautiful for you when we're making love," replies the wife.

Her husband retorts: "So does 24 cans of Budweiser ... at half the price."


Apr. 26 Charity: I was looking for a job and found this story about a homeless man who became rich by creating Second Cup.  His name is Frank O'Dea.  He's giving a speech in Edmonton on May. 3:

http://myunitedway.ca/homeless-to-business-tycoon/

Tone of voice: I want to add about this.  When I do a job interview I try to sound professional by listing my achievements.  My career counselor said I sounded kind of mechanical and need to make it more conversational.

I also realize how I can say something not serious to something serious and vice versa with the same tone of voice.  I mentioned before about Dateline: To Catch a Predator about that 35 yr old guy dating a 12 yr old girl.

Me: What are you guys going to talk about Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers?  What if she gets pregnant?

My tone of voice is plain.  I went from a not- serious question to a serious question.  There was the other real life instance where I met a guy who looks like Channing Tatum and his mom.

Me: One, we only take cash.
Woman: Okay.
Me: And two, do you know who you look like?

My tone of voice is plain again, and I went from serious to not serious in conversation.

Apr. 27 Laughing about death: I saw a promo for MTV Live and the joke was: "You will have a 1 in 1 chance of dying from anything."

Why I laugh: Why do I laugh about death?  Well it's going to happen.  I guess it's a dark topic, and you want to make something scary not so scary.

Also with the "getting scared about things that aren't supposed to be scary."  It's supposed to put things in perspective.  I was scared and nervous of going to the job interview for Call Centre #4.  I thought the boss would recognize me and say: "I remember you.  I hired you 2 yrs ago and you only got 9 completes.  Get out of here."

The thing is, I ask myself: "Am I physical danger?"  Taking social risks and getting rejected are fine.  I'm not going to get physically hurt, so there is nothing to be scared about at a job interview.

"Getting scared about things that aren't supposed to be scary" is a more specific topic in the comedy comparison "Overreacting to a situation."

Apr. 28 Funny article: Roxanne McAnn sent me this article "8 Reasons to Take Your Daughter or Son to Work."  It shows these really funny video clips.  The #5 video is funny because it's a sketch comedy.  The boss takes his daughter to work, and a co-worker has to watch the daughter for a bit.  The 6 yr old daughter is played by a grown woman and she tells the employee that her dad says bad things about him behind his back.  lol.

The first video was funny too because a boss is firing an employee, with the employee's daughter right there.  It was really inappropriate for a child to hear all these things.

I watched all the videos except the last one with Michelle Obama because that was 36min long.  All the others are only 3min long.

Cute: I got this from Daily Silly and I thought it was cute: 

When the mother returned from the grocery store, her small son pulled out the box of animal crackers he had begged for. Then he spread the animal-shaped crackers all over the kitchen counter. "What are you doing?" his mom asked. "The box says you can't eat them if the seal is broken," the boy explained. "I'm looking for the seal."

No comments: