Wednesday, March 21, 2012

music video/ Criminal Minds/ Derek Magyar

Mar. 14 Music video: Here's something I haven't done in a long time. Do some creative writing. This was a couple months back, but I was thinking about that 3 Doors Down music video called "Let Me Go." The story is that a guy finds out his girlfriend is a stripper and he's not happy about it. At the end of the video, it turns out the girlfriend has a baby to take care of. That's why she's stripping, and not because she likes her job.

This is a rock band video so there should be more depth. I thought: "If this was a rap video, the girl would be a stripper, and then she would be using her money to buy designer clothes and go on a shopping spree." A rap video is more fun and doesn't have depth.

Criminal Minds: I saw this episode called "A Family Affair" 2 weeks ago. It was written by Jeff Davis (show's creator) and Kimberly A. Harrison. It was very disturbing, more than usual for this kind of show where an FBI team has to catch serial killers.

It starts off with a guy in a wheelchair and he's with a prostitute. He then stabs her. The quote at the beginning of the show was "When there is anger, there is pain underneath." The parents are really tense around their son Jeff (Derek Magyar) who's in a wheelchair. Jeff is talking to a pretty therapist Erika (Fiona Gubelmann). Jeff tells her that after the accident, his friends went to school, and they don't come around to see him.

The parents Linda and Donald Collins are played by big TV actors. Kathy Baker looked a little familiar, and then I realized I saw her play a mom on Boston Public. William Russ looked really familiar too, but I don't know where. I had to go on imdb.com and go through this long list until I said: "Ah ha! He was the dad on Boy Meets World!"

Back to the show. The parents are discussing how they would have to get another girl because Jeff wants to kill. A young professional looking woman Judy who's a therapist comes to see Jeff. The most disturbing scene was when the parents were eating dinner. Therapist leaves Jeff's room and she's bleeding. She's asking for help and going to the door. Linda locks the door and Donald drags Therapist away.

The story was so disturbing. The son kills, and the parents go to finish the job by getting rid of the body. The FBI profile is that Jeff needs to kill for sexual release. The family fights. The last victim is Judy and she's a sexual surrogate who is like a therapist. Her client list is what lead FBI to the family. FBI figure out it's not one serial killer, but a family.

5 yrs ago a woman was killed and it lead to Jeff. The physical therapist Erika came over for dinner with the family. Erika went to get pills and found blood under the bed in Jeff's room. The mom Linda enters and pistol whips her.

There's a flashback of a car accident as dad Donald is driving. Jeff was sitting in the back, and it was after the accident Jeff got into a wheelchair.

In present time, Donald hits a pole on purpose. He kills himself and had a letter on him where he admits he was responsible for the murders. FBI then busts in as mom Linda is about to kill Erika by holding her and point gun at her. Linda then points gun Jeff, and then FBI shoots Linda.

FBI arrest Jeff, and Erika is saved.

Derek Magyar: I did think the actor Derek Magyar who played the serial killer is kind of good looking. Here's a really good pic of him:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2168754176/nm1744979

It says on imdb.com he was on the TV show The Cape. I think I saw the episode he was in, but I don't quite remember him in it.

Here is him talking about directing his independent film called Flying Lessons. It's a drama about a young woman who has to deal with her father's suicide. It looks good. It's been a couple of weeks, but I don't really find DM good looking in this interview. If you read the Youtube comments, other people do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLZu21aucnw

Here's an 8min interview where he's on Facebook News Television promoting his indie film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc7bqjUWxf4

Mar. 15 Psychic: I went to my career counseling today at my college, and there was this fun event there. There was a barbecue and activities like make your own cupcakes for $1. The funds will go to the student food bank. I noticed a psychic sitting at a table and shuffling these tarot cards. There were about 6 girls waiting in line to see her. I think it was free.

Yeah, most people who go to psychics are women, and most psychics are women. There are male psychics and men who go to psychics, but it's not very common. One time I met a guy last month and I asked him if he ever saw one, and he did once. It was on impulse, for fun to see what kind of fortune he would get. I didn't see the psychic because I had to see my career counselor.

Mar. 16 Side note: Back to Criminal Minds, I just realized the episode is written by the show's creator Jeff Davis. The serial killer's name is Jeff.

Also, another side note is, maybe I'm wanking it in my mind, but I think the actor Derek Magyar kind of looks like my friend Neil who I met at the bus stop.

Blog: I have been emailing Neil my weekly emails and he hasn't replied. I check my blogs everyday to see if he and others have made a comment. I check my email everyday.

I asked if I could put a link to his blog, and he hasn't gotten back to me. Yeah, well here's his blog called "Improvisation on the Road."

http://neilbdi.wordpress.com/

Comparisons:

Cage fight with supernatural creatures like vampires and demons who fight to the death:

Being Human: I was watching the first season of Being Human. It's about a vampire, werewolf, and a ghost that all live together. In the episode "Dog Eat Dog", the werewolf Josh gets kidnapped by a group of vampires. Josh has to fight another werewolf to the death. The vampires want to watch it for entertainment. His vampire friend Aidan has to prevent it from happening.

Angel: As I watched this, I thought of Angel season 1 episode called "The Ring" that aired back in 2000. It's about a vampire with a soul named Angel, and his friends Cordelia and Wesley fight supernatural things that happen in LA. Angel gets kidnapped and he has to fight other vampires and demons to death. They have to win 21 fights before they could be released.

Cordelia and Wesley have to find Angel and then have to think of a way to get into the event. Rich people pay to watch the fights. Cordelia and Wesley also have to find a way to unlock this bracelet that keeps the demons in check.

Grimm: Then last month I saw it on the other supernatural TV show Grimm. It's not a surprise since one of the producers/ creator of the show is David Greenwalt. He is a Buffy and Angel producer.

It's kind of the same. Nick is a cop and he's in homicide. It leads to him finding a cage fight with demons who fight to the death. I don't want to spoil it, but someone gets kidnapped later in the episode to fight.

Song: Everything I watch and listen to can give me inspiration. A song I like is "Marvin Gaye and Chardonnay" by Big Sean and Kanye West. It's a good song to dance to. I don't really like the video. It's some dancing in front of a bright and colorful background.

It's kind of repetitive with the images moving to the squeaking sounds of the song.

You can check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1anxnA7Zwc

No comments: