Tuesday, March 27, 2012

good news/ Post Secret/ emotional intelligence

Mar. 17 Good news: I found this on Yahoo. It's kind of a weird news. "Dead Man sends emails to friends from beyond grave." It says: "Jack Froese, 32, of Dunmore, Pennsylvania, died of a heart arrhythmia in June 2011." Five months later, one of his friends Tim Hart got an email from him.

Skeetr 2 made a comment on the article:
"I've occasionally received an email that was sent months earlier. Sometimes it's an echo of a previous email you already received, but forgot about."

That's the logical answer. Other comments and I thought it could be a trick from someone. It kind of reminds me of the TV show Pretty Little Liars. It's about 4 girls who are friends. At first one of their friends Allison went missing and was texting them and signing off as "A." Then Allison turns up dead, but the girls keep getting these messages.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/good-news/dead-man-sending-emails-friends-beyond-grave-175427511.html

Mar. 20 Fame article: I got this article "15 College Students Who Got their 15min of Fame" through my blog. I had to read it because it's about getting famous through the internet. Or infamous.

There are some good things like #8 William Hung who auditioned for American Idol where he sang really poorly. Yeah, well he's a nice guy. There's also #10 Wei Wei and Huang Yixin who are 2 Asian guys lip synching to boy band songs. They are over-emoting the lyrics. I remember seeing a clip of them on CNN.

I watched #14 Alexandra Wallace who talked about Asian students being rude at the library who talk on their cell phones. I personally wasn't really offended by it. I just thought she was dumb. You can click on a link and she had gotten death threats over that video. So the lesson is, don't make a video where you talk about race.

A good one was #6 Daniel Hernadez Jr. who helped Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords who was shot in the head. He held her and tried to stop the bleeding. He was on The Today Show and Piers Morgan Tonight and was an honored guest at President Obama’s 2011 State of the Union speech.

http://www.onlinecolleges.net/2012/03/19/15-college-students-who-got-their-15-minutes-of-fame/

Mar. 22 Graham Wardle: I was going through my old newspaper clippings and I found this article from the Edmonton Journal. It's about the actor Graham Wardle who plays Ty on Heartland. I can see him as Shawn in my The Vertex Fighter script. This article was printed on Sept. 25, 2010 by Eric Volmers.

He talks not being interested in motorcycles or riding horses until he got on the show. He was on the cover of Avenue magazine and how he talked about Ghandi and like Sean Penn's acting style.

GW: It's great to meet new people. What really throws me off is when people start screaming and yelling and getting worked up.

Me: So he's pretty down-to-earth and humble though he's on a TV show.

GW: All of us have had times in the show where we'd like to step up the maturity factor a bit and deal with some content that's a little higher rated. But this is the vehicle we have, and it's a great one. We can still deal with content that is serious, but we have to do it in a careful way."

Mar. 25 Post Secret:

"Law school makes me feel oppressed and powerless."

"I know I made the right decision but sometimes I wished I made different one. I had an abortion."

Me: Do you mean like have the kid and give it up for adoption?

Rape: This was on the Post Secret App:

"I posted a secret about being scared to testify against my rapists in court. I did it, and I have never felt so strong. The looks on their faces as I pointed at them and told my story was priceless. I'm a survivor, not a victim."

Email:

Hey Frank,

It's days like today that I sincerely miss the PostSecret App. Early on I posted a secret about being scared to go to court and received nothing but inspirational and encouraging words from the other users.

Then I posted the secret above and again, I received all encouraging and inspirational words, and I wanted to thank you for giving me a sense of strength and sense of being to know I am not alone, and even if they are strangers, they believe in me, which made me believe in me.

I am currently awaiting the second part of trial, and have no doubt in my mind that I'm going to go in there with this strength and the spirit of the PostSecret community within me. I want to thank you for bringing this to me and am sorry that others had to ruin such a beautiful thing.

Mar. 27 Emotional intelligence: I have emotional intelligence as I can look at people's faces and read them. I have emotional intelligence, but I don't always apply it. For example, like that time back in 2002. I was watching The Sausage Factory and my sister wanted to know what these 2 people are talking about.

I knew she was going to be offended and not find it funny, but I didn't prepare her. I should have said: "I'll tell you, but you're going to be offended and not find it funny. Do you still want to hear it?" Instead I plainly said it, and she was so offended by it.

Friends: I also remember this other time back in 2005. I was busy with NAIT, and I haven't called my friend in months. Well I have called, but I just wasn't able to reach her. So when I did get her on the line, she was cold and distant. I can hear it in her voice. I knew we weren't really connecting, but I thought if I kept trying, we could resume our friendship.

Afterwards I emailed her, she emailed me back, and then she was nice, but firm about it. She said she wanted to end things like: "In a friendship, we have to offer each other something. You don't really offer me anything, and I don't think I really offer you anything either. I wish you good luck in life."

Lessons: I was a little hurt by it, but it was pretty obvious there was nothing to save. I emailed her back and wished her luck too. I learned a lesson to keep in contact with my friends like my weekly emails. Also I learned that you are not a bad person if you don't stay friends with all the friends you make. I was friends with her for 6 yrs.

It was a pretty easy break. We met each other at this math tutor place. When we weren't friends anymore, there wasn't that much of a difference in our lives. We didn't go to the same schools, lived close by, or had any common friends. There wasn't really any drama or a big fight. I can honestly say I have nothing bad to say about her.

Each friendship and relationship is different. It's like with my friend Heather. I've known her since elementary school. Then we lost contact in high school. Then I found her on Facebook 5 yrs later. We had a lot of catching up to do. We resumed our friendship.

1 comment:

rachaelhart said...

I think you might enjoy it.I understand that each of these topics might be better suited to a message board post, but I thought they might each be relevant to the post and comments.Thank You.