Friday, January 6, 2012

funny video/ New Year's jokes/ rant

Jan. 4 Funny video: I found this on Yahoo. It's where a cat is pawing the baby's head gently. The baby was crying, but the cat's paws soothed him. The cat must have been de-claw. As I was watching it, I thought the parent should have gotten a stuffed animal and rubbed it on the baby's head. It would have made him stop crying.

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/cat-soothes-crying-baby-to-sleep.html

Jan. 5 Christmas joke: I got this from Daily Silly on Jan. 3. So it's a little late, but here it is:

A few days before Christmas, two young brothers were spending the night at their grandparent's house. When it was time to go to bed, and anxious to do the right thing, they both knelt down to say their prayers.

Suddenly, the younger one began to do so in a very loud voice.
"Dear Lord, please ask Santa Claus to bring me a xbox, BMX bike and a ipad."
His older brother leaned over and nudged his brother and said, "Why are you shouting your prayers? God isn't deaf."
"I know" he replied, "But Grandma is!"

New Year's jokes: I got these from Daily Silly. I think this joke is a good start in ending a bad habit:

Dave, at a New Year's party, turns to his friend, Kevin, and asks for a cigarette.
"I thought you made a New Year's resolution to quit smoking," Kevin responds.
"I'm in the process of quitting," replies Dave with a grin.

"Right now, I am in the middle of phase one."
"Phase one?" wonders Kevin.
"Yeah," laughs Dave, "I've quit buying."

Here's another one:

Are you sick of making the same resolutions year after year and yet you never keep them? Here are some resolutions that you can actually accomplish! Enjoy! :-)

10. Read less.
9. I want to gain weight. Put on at least 30 pounds.
8. Stop exercising. Waste of time.
7. Watch more TV. I've been missing some good stuff.
6. Procrastinate more.
5. Drink. Drink some more.
4. Start being superstitious.
3. Spend more time at work.
2. Stop bringing lunch from home: I should eat out more.

and last but not least...

1. Take up a new habit: maybe smoking!

Me: I do have to say about #7. I don't want to miss out on something good on TV. I know Criminal Minds is a good TV show. The important thing is to not watch Dr. Phil.

This joke, at first seems to be about New Year's. Now I read it again, and it doesn't seem to be:

A VERY BRAVE MAN

It was New Years Day and Billy asked his mother, "Mom, why are wedding dresses white?"

The mother looks at her son and replies. "Billy, this shows your friends and relatives that your bride is pure."

Billy thanks his Mom and goes off to double-check this with his father. "Dad why are wedding dresses white?"

The father looks at his son in surprise and says, "Billy, all household appliances come in white."

Rant: I got this also from Daily Silly, but I have a lot of comments which I will add in brackets.

NINE THINGS I REALLY HATE

1. People who point at their wrist while asking for the time. Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?
(That's interesting, I never noticed that. Well a lot of people ask me what time it is, but they don't always point at their wrist.)

2. People who are willing to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to get up and change the channel manually.
(I don't. My TV needs the remote to change the channel. If my remote doesn't work, I run upstairs to get the one from the other TV and run back down to change the channel.)

3. People who say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?
(Good point. I think the phrase is about not getting everything you want all the time. Or about sacrificing something for the greater good. For example, you may not be able to watch one hour of TV because you need to study for a test tomorrow. I want to do both, but I can only do one. I think the rant was also about an annoying cliche.)

4. People who say "it's always the last place you look". Yeah, I tend to stop looking once I've found it.
(I thought it was about something like finding a remote in the fridge. It's about finding something in an unexpected place. That is kind of an annoying cliche.)

5. When people watching a film say "did you see that?" Do they think I paid $12 to look at the floor?
(It could mean something specific like "Did you notice that the actor kind of laughed before they cut away? Or that little movie mistake.")

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?". Did they give you a choice?
(I read about it on twop.com. You can say: "You already did." You should say: "I have a question" or "I have a personal question that I hope you don't mind my asking.")

7. When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it?
(I remember reading this on Seventeen magazine called "Dear Whatever" about a rant. Someone said: "If it's new, then it can't be improved.")

8. When people say "life is short". Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?
(Another cliche, but it doesn't annoy me. There's the saying "Life is precious.")

9. When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks "Has the bus come yet?". If the bus came would I be standing here?
(In real life, people specify like: "Has the #2 gone by yet?")

Productive: I'm going to add to the rant. I mentioned this before in the "Unintentionally Funny TV moments" on twop.com. It's about the TV show Life, a group of 8 cops watching this woman play a video game so she can get access to the files that they need to solve the case. You can watch here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFfJ4ZC1AtA

People on twop.com and Youtube said it was stupid. The cops have to get to level 10 of a video game so they can access the files. I'm getting angry at something that's fictional and has no effect on my life. I remember reading in the business section of the newspaper, and it said something about: "When you have a 1hr meeting with 5 people, it's not 1 hr. It's really 5 hrs, 1hr per person is giving their time to this meeting. They are not doing something productive and working."

So when I saw the group of 8 cops watching someone play a video game, that annoyed me. Say it took an hr. That is 8hrs of not being productive. The other people should work on the case, or can go on the internet to find tips on how to beat the game. Or some could be sent home.

Unrealistic: I'll also add in when there is this young woman in the clip, 1:17 sec in, she was watching the video game, and she was pretending she had the game console in her hands. Does anyone do that? Like when watching a video game, they pretend they have a game console in their hands?

Jan. 6 Crazy week: It's been a crazy week in general. On Mon. I stayed an hr late, because I had to work in another department. All week it was busy. We were running around trying to get things done. I came in on Wed. (which is supposed to be my day off) because they needed me. Today I was able to leave an hr early so I could get to a job interview.

Job interview: The interview I went to was close by to where I live. It's a law firm. I think the interview was okay. There were 12 applicants.

A couple of hrs later, they called me back and said I didn't get hired. In the interview they did mention that they either hire today or by next week. I guess they were looking for someone who had legal experience. They talked about if you wanted to work your way up, you can be a legal assistant, and I told them I know there's a 2 yr legal assistant program at MacEwan University. They said a lot of people who work at their firm is from that program.

No comments: