Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Post Secret/ good news/ survival story

Dec. 25 Post Secret: There's a post card about a Post Secret:

"I saved this post secret in April during the most difficult year of my life and hoped that I would feel this way by the end of the year.

'This was a year of losses, but I am so happy with who I have become.'

It's December now and so much has changed. I've never been happier and I have everything I ever wanted."

Football player stops attack: I found this on Yahoo. This 18 yr old black football player Justin Richardson stops a teacher from attacking another teacher. It's between two women and one had a screw driver. Fortunately, Justin was there and was able to step in. Here's a video talking about what happened and he sounds very smart and calm. Good for him for having the courage to step in.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Heroic-football-player-stops-potentially-lethal-?urn=highschool-wp10312

Fight: I have saved an old email from Sherry. It's about stepping in fights.

Sherry: i occasionally do things like that, in defense of another person.. i am lucky that i have not been attacked over it

Me: Damn, you're brave.

Sherry: not always, and believe me i am usually feeling like i want to make a mess in my pants when i act like that, but sometimes you just have to protect someone, or no-one will....and sometimes by speaking up the aggressive one(s) snap out of it and get real and grounded again

Job: Today I worked on Christmas at my restaurant, just like last year. I get paid more because it's a holiday.

Christmas: On Christmas Eve, my family and I had dinner of roast beef and potatoes. Tonight we'll be eating the leftovers. Last night I called my friends up to wish them a Merry Christmas.

Zaib Shaikh: He is the lead actor in the TV show Little Mosque on the Prairie on CBC. He has recently confirmed me as his friend on Facebook. I have seen one episode of this show. They're going into their 6th season in Jan. 2012. It's kind of funny about a Muslim community living in a small town. I'm not Muslim, but I did find the show had a quirky small town feeling like the other Canadian show Corner Gas.

If you want to know more about him, I copy and pasted his info from Facebook onto my www.thevertexfghter.blogspot.com website.

The Vertex Fighter actors: I will throw in Zaib Shaikh to make an appearance in The Vertex Fighter. I can see him as a guy hanging out in the club.

I wrote about Sam Witwer before. He's the vampire Aidan on the supernatural show Being Human. I can see him as a fighter.

Dec. 26 Boxing Day: Today I worked and it was eh. I didn't really make any tips and I only worked in the morning. I could have worked in the afternoon, but it wasn't really busy and they were fine with 5 people working. Unlike on Christmas, it was busy and they needed me.

So I went home and then my mom and I went shopping. It was productive. I spent quality time with my mom as we look for work clothes for me. We went to a store that was closing down and looked for black shoes. There was none. Then we went to a clothing store and bought black dress pants for $15.75 for work. We went to another store for shoes, and there wasn't any.

Then I went home and washed my hair, and looked for a job.

Good news:

Found Girl: I read that Meri Yuranda is an Indonesian girl who was reunited with her family after 7 yrs. They thought she died in the tsunami on Boxing Day 2004. She lived with a woman and she was forced to beg on the streets. Yeah, well at least she's not a prostitute. It's confirmed that it really is her because of her birthmarks and scars. If they want more proof they could get a DNA test.

Coma patient wakes up: I found this story. This 21 yr old University of Arizona student Sam Schmid woke up from a coma after a few months. He had gotten into a car accident. Read here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/coma-patient-wakes-up-at-phoenix-hospital-after-nearly-being-taken-off-life-support/2011/12/23/gIQAFmIvDP_story.html?tid=pm_national_pop

I was reading in 24 News about how there was a suicide attack in Afghanistan. The good thing is that young men offered to donate their blood to victims right away.

Dec. 27 Charity: I was watching Pop Up Video, and they aired Eminem feat. Rihanna's "Love the Way You Lie." Meghan Fox and Dominic Monaghan are in the video. It said that MF donated her earnings from the music video to a women's shelter. That's good.

Survival story: I was watching the TV show Urban Legend last month. I've seen it before. It's where they show 3 urban legends, and you try to figure out which one is true. Here's a true story about a man named John Thompson. He lives and works on a farm, and he got into an accident.

His arms were cut off from farm equipment. When he came to, he went to his home. He tried to open the screen door and there was some difficulty. He called his cousin and told him what happened. I think he used a pencil to dial the numbers. The cousin then called an ambulance. The cousin came over, and found the dog was guarding the arm that was on the field. Both of his arms were then reattached.

Work: Today was busier at work than Boxing Day, so that's good.

Writing: For the past few days I actually went and worked on my Rain script. It turns out I haven't really been working on it since Aug.

Writing trust: I thought I had written myself in a corner when my characters don't trust each other when they work together. I talked to my friend Dan L. and he said it's about compromise. The characters have to compromise to be together. I would say the characters have to have a common goal.

It reminds me of Alias where Sydney and her dad Jack are double agents. They don't trust each other because they are estranged from each other. However, they have to work together to be able to take down the bad spy agency SD-6.

It's also been done on Prison Break. In the last season, there are some good guys who have to work with some bad guys to take down a bigger bad guy. I remember on the show, one of the characters mentioned that it's hard. It does complicate the show and make it more interesting to watch.

Writing tip: This is a writing tip that I have thought up: There's a difference between complicating the story, and making it too busy.

For example on an ep of Flashpoint, there is a bomb that Spike has to diffuse. To complicate it, he gets a phone call that his dad is in the hospital and that he may not make it through the night. He has to choose to either diffuse the bomb, and miss out seeing his dad before he passes away. Or quit trying to diffuse the bomb, and go straight to the hospital to see his dad.

The above ep was good. However, their other ep "A Day in the Life" was way too busy. There were 3 cases they had to run around town trying to solve. One with a woman holding a strip club owner hostage, talking down a guy who's about to jump off a bridge, and stopping a gun man from shooting up an office building.

No comments: