Saturday, December 24, 2011

funny video/ holiday jokes/ Asian- American Achievement

Dec. 14 Funny video: I was on twop.com "Unintentionally Funny TV Moments." Does anyone remember the TV show Life? It's a cop drama and it was on for 2 seasons. I never saw it, but here's a kind of funny video from the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFfJ4ZC1AtA

Person: I do enjoy it when procedurals decide to do an episode about murder via video games or some such thing, because I usually get the feeling the writers have never actually played one before. Anyway, this clip from Life is seriously cracking me up. Especially the gaming montages. I'm glad to know that being good at Grand Theft Auto makes me a total badass.

Person 2: You also really have to wonder, did the kid have to play through the whole game every time he wanted to access his files?

I see there are 715 likes and 720 dislikes on Youtube. You either love the video montage or you don't. There are a lot of funny Youtube comments dissing it like it was a product placement.

I posted this on twop:

I have to say before I read the Youtube comments, I thought it was crappy. Are all these 8 people going to watch a girl play a video game so they could access the files? Shouldn't the rest of you guys be working on your computer on this case, or another case instead of watching someone play a video game? That is not productive at all when you are at work.

I thought the boss was going to be like: "Okay, you play the video game and call me when you get to level 10." It's so unbelievable. Thanks for sharing the clip. lol.

Dec. 20 Comedy comparisons: I have something to add to my comparison "Getting scared at things that aren't supposed to be scary." I remember this one from Family Guy where the womanizer Quagmire tells a scary story to the family.

Quagmire: And when he woke up in the morning, she was still in his bed. Ahhh!
Chris: That's it?
Quagmire: Yeah. And then she wanted to make him eggs. Ahhh! And he said: "Oh, I don't have time, I have a meeting at 12:30." She said: "I'll drive you there." Ahhh! And he said: "No, no it's at my office and it's like a half hour commute." And she said: "I don't mind, it's on my way to my kid's preschool." Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh!

You can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yNaHQZrZ90

Dec. 21 Holiday jokes: I got this from Daily Silly.

This is my favorite one:

It was Christmas and the judge was in a merry mood as he asked the prisoner, "What are you charged with?" "Doing my Christmas shopping early," replied the defendant. "That's no offense," said the judge. "How early were you doing this shopping?" "Before the store opened," countered the prisoner.

This is an average one:

About two weeks before Christmas, a little Catholic boy decided to write a letter to Santa. He started "Dear Santa...", he thought "No, I will go to a higher authority", so he decided to write a letter to Jesus. "Dear Jesus, If you get me a bike for Christmas, I will be good for two weeks." "NO NO NO NO, I can't be good for two weeks," he thought to himself. So he started all over again... "Dear Jesus, If you get me a bike for Christmas I will be good for one week." "NO NO NO NO, I can't be good for one week," he thought to himself. So he quickly ran to the Study room and grabbed their statue of Mary, and quickly wrapped it up in a blanket. He started all over again. "Dear Jesus, I have your mother...if you ever want to see her again...get me a bike for Christmas!"

I like this joke. This is something for parents to teach a lesson to their kids, but they should clarify what the lesson is:

Sarah and her thirteen-year-old sister had been fighting a lot this year. This happens when you combine a headstrong two-year-old, who is sure she is always right, with a young adolescent. Sarah's parents, trying to take advantage of her newfound interest in Santa Claus, reminded the two-year-old that Santa was watching and doesn't like it when children fight. This had little impact. "I'll just have to tell Santa about your misbehavior," the mother said as she picked up the phone and dialed. Sarah's eyes grew big as her mother asked "Mrs. Claus" (really Sarah's aunt; Santa's real line was busy) if she could put Santa on the line. Sarah's mouth dropped open as Mom described to Santa (Sarah's uncle) how the two-year-old was acting.

But, when Mom said that Santa wanted to talk to her, she reluctantly took the phone. Santa, in a deepened voice, explained to her how there would be no presents Christmas morning to children who fought with their sisters. He would be watching, and he expected things to be better from now on. Sarah, now even more wide eyed, solemnly nodded to each of Santa's remarks and silently hung the phone up when he was done. After a long moment, Mom (holding in her chuckles at being so clever) asked, "What did Santa say to you, dear?" In almost a whisper, Sarah sadly but matter-of-factly stated, "Santa said he won't be bringing toys to my sister this year."

Asian- American Achievement: Carol Brown sent this article through my blog. It's called "20 Amazing Stats about Asian- American Achievement." I liked the article because it was interesting and informative. The last bit #20: "Asian- American students are achieving at high-poverty schools." These are schools that are underfunded and aren't really good, but these 30% of Asian and Pacific Islander students attend these schools, and are getting good grades.

#5: "Asian- American kids aren't more stressed than their peers." They had 5000 11th grade math students, of Asian-American and white Americans, and they have the same level of stress.

http://www.onlinecollege.org/2011/12/13/20-amazing-stats-about-asian-american-achievement/

Dec. 24 Christmas card: Earlier this week, my newspaper carrier gave my family a Christmas card. He had written and signed it as "Newspaper Carrier." My sister and I thought he should have added his name, and that it was a nice gesture.

Kim Jonj Il: I'm sure all of you have heard by now that North Korean leader Kim Jong Il has passed away. Jay Leno made a joke about it.

JL: One of his successors could be Kim Jong Il's two sisters, Kourtney and Khloe Jong Il.
lol.

Get it? Kim, Kourtney, and Khloe are the names of the Kardashian sisters on the reality show Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

Pop Up Video: This is a really fun show. I was watching the music video "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO. I learned that the pop duo are uncle and nephew. I didn't know that because I'm not really a fan of them. I do like their songs "Shots" and "Top of the World." Did you know that Hok from America's Best Dance Crew winning crew Quest is in the video? He actually choreographed it too. I thought that was cool.

They showed Dr. Dre feat. Eminem's video "Forgot about Dre." In it, the news reporter Jane Yamamota is a real news reporter who made appearances on 9 other shows. It kind of perpetuates the racial stereotype of "Asian woman news reporter." The neighborhood was also shot on the same set Desperate Housewives is now filmed in.

Video: What does Eminem's neighbors say about him?
Me: He's nice?
My brother was watching with me.
P: He's quiet?
Video: "He's friendly and shakes your hand."
lol.

Christmas: To close, Merry Christmas!

No comments: