Saturday, December 10, 2011

Five/ Paralympian cured/ dating news

Dec. 2 Five: I'm looking for a job and listening to the old British boy band Five interviews. You may remember them when they first came out in the late 90s. I have all 3 of their albums. Their songs are "Slam Dunk da Funk" and "When the Lights Go Out." Here's an interview when they first came out:

Abs: We just got together, and we're exploring what we can do together when you're in a house.
The entire audience of teen girls are cheering because it sounded sexual.
Rich and Scott are waving their arms to stop them.
Rich: Not like that, not like that!
Jay: He meant musically.
lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzqVysd-OFY

Neighbors from hell: Here's a segment about Five where they are the "neighbors from hell." You put these five guys together in a house, and one couple are angry at them because they are loud. There are these 3 guys who are the same age as the Five guys and they complained about how noisy they were.

It's funny to watch, but not funny if you're living next door to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WlrfT--3ow&feature=related

Funny: I found that TRL interview that I saw way back in 2002. It really shows the guys chemistry and how they joke around. 1:15 sec in Jay talks about what music he likes. Then Abs talks and Jay pretends to look really interested in what he's saying. Then Rich talks, Jay and Abs then follow suit and pretend to be really interested in what Rich is saying. It keeps going to Scott and Sean.

I love how one starts a joke, and they continue it. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrNrBMysWSI&feature=related

Scott and Rich: Here are Scott and Rich are from Five. This was in 2008. It's interesting. This group ended in 2001, but I'm learning some new info that I haven't until now. 1min into the interview, Sean wasn't in the "Let's Dance" video so I and I guess a lot of fans thought he quit. What's interesting is that Sean did quit, and the 4 remaining guys didn't know. The management said Sean was sick. Well a few months later, the group ended.

Also I learned that Scott has been with the same woman since the start of the boy band and till the end, and still now. That's like 10 yrs. It started in 1998 and this in 2008. They're married, have 2 kids, and a dog. The audience applauds. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi69asWkIM0&feature=related

Dec. 7 Headline: This was a couple weeks back. A headline on Jay Leno said:

"Sheep slightly used."
Me: What?

My friend Sherry said: It's a bad attempt at humor. It took me a few minutes to realize what it referred to, and believe me, whoever put that ad had an odd sense of humor.

Me: Is this sexual? Are they talking about a used condom? Please explain.

Sherry: sexual i suspect. the connection i made was used sheep as in it had been used by a human male for intercourse purposes (there are many running jokes about men and sheep)

Holiday jokes: This was also on Jay Leno. He has a Facebook page. He put a question up: "What do you hate about the holidays?"

Zelda, a black woman posted: "People returning things to Wal-Mart when it's obviously from K-Mart."

Chris Hernandez: "Family ask you if you lost weight, when you haven't."

Jay Leno: That's a compliment. So what? You want them to call you a fat- ass?

Joke: This was a few weeks ago, Jimmy Fallon was on Jay Leno. They made a bet. If JF lost bet, he has to wear JL's denim shirt and jeans to work on his Late Night show. They're playing shuffle board, and JF lost the bet.

Cut to a clip of JF in a denim shirt and jeans on the Late Night show.
JL: He looked good.
Cut to JL's studio audience, and they're all wearing denim shirts.
lol. That was a good clip.

Dec. 8 Friends: Today I talked to my friend Chase who works at the mall. I haven't seen him in months and we both talked about our job search. I talked to my friend Dan L. on Sat. on the phone. We talked about job interviews.

Paralympian cured: I found this on Yahoo news. Paralympic silver medallist Monique van der Vorst was paralyzed from the hip down when she was 13. Now she's a 27 yr old hand cyclist. She was hit by a bicycle while training for the 2012 London Paralympics. She spent months in physical rehab learning how to walk. Now she can walk. It's a miracle.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=reu-paralympiancured_tv_repeat

Dec. 9 Dating news: This was on Jay Leno and it was real news. There was a piece about this 30 something yr old woman who was good looking and I think she was a professional business woman. She goes online dating, and dates 4 or 5 guys a week, just so she could get a free meal. She's not interested in the guys at all, she just goes out with them so she could go to a restaurant.

It says she picks with good jobs. Cut to a shot of her talking, and she is really overweight which is what the Jay Leno editors made her look like.

Woman: So-and-so bought me a $500 meal, and so-and-so took me to this place.
Reporter: She got a boyfriend now.
Camera zooms out and Jack-in-the-Box is sitting beside her.
Reporter: They go out and eat every night.
lol.

Rant: I don't really approve of this woman's actions because she's fake and uses guys to get a free meal. She's wasting this guy's time and money. She didn't seem to be struggling to afford groceries. Yeah, well at least she's only getting food.

Sexual orientation: I've seen people who are way more fake like being gay (and knowing it) and dating someone who's straight. Sexual orientation is harder, because how do you really know if you're gay or straight? Maybe you haven't found the right person yet so you date around.

I have seen on TV about people who are gay, but they date people from the opposite sex. I remember seeing this woman on Oprah say: "I have dated all these guys and I didn't connect with any of them. So I must be gay."

Flashbacks: This kind of leads me to a flashback of a newspaper article. Something about how you can smell a "gold-digger" a woman who's only interested in a guy's money. If you two plan to go for drinks, but then she calls to change it to dinner. She probably wants something more. I do recommend you guys go for coffee or drinks to make it more casual.

Another flashback is this Seventeen magazine quiz from 2002. It's about: "How good are you?" A guy you're not interested in asks you out:

A. Go out with him (free food) and then blow him off.
B: Go out with him because everybody deserves a chance.
I forgot what C was.

Another flashback was of 2005. I was working at a clothing store and this guy Jordan told me that I should totally go out with the new guy Jason.

Jordan: You should go out with him. Go out for some Chinese food, and anyways he's a guy so he'll pay.

Dating: My tip is for guys and girls on a first date, is to go for a drink or coffee. Dinner as the first date is too much pressure. It's like you have to sit there for the entire meal and there's more money put into it. If it's coffee, it's more casual and only a few bucks. If it goes bad, the date ends after the coffee's drank. If it goes well, then you can get a refill.

No comments: