Tuesday, November 29, 2011

names/ Challenge Factory/ "Psychic" gets busted

Nov. 28 Names: I was on Linked In writing group called Two Bits. I read about people's comments on creating character names.

Susan Gilbert:

Back to names and synchronicity, I once actually googled the name I'd given to one of my characters and came up with a guy who so closely resembled the one I created, in both appearance and abilities, that it was spooky! I haven't tried that since.

I'm not certain about the universe giving us messages, but the subconscious mind is very powerful and there may well be ways our subconsciousness can communicate with others' that we just are not aware of.

Me: That sounds so cool. I then googled a couple of character names to see what I get.

Nanny: I got this through my blog. I thought the article was average, because all the questions you can't ask a nanny, is what you can't ask for any job at all. You can ask about their race or if they're married or divorced. However, the blog is interesting about how to raise kids.

Email:

Hi Tracy,

Considering that I work with nannyjobs.org, I spend a lot of time on the Internet browsing blogs, and I must say that yours has caught my attention. Coincidentally, we recently published an article entitled (10 Questions You Can’t Legally Ask in a Nanny Interview) that I believe would draw considerable interest from your readers. If you are interested in sharing with them, then feel free to do so.

Here's the link for your convenience: (http://www.nannyjobs.org/blog/10-questions-you-cant-legally-ask-in-a-nanny-interview/).

Thanks for your time!

Roxanne Porter

Challenge Factory: I was reading the 24 newspaper and I found this website called www.challengefactory.ca. This company is about test-driving a career. It's where you can spend a few days trying out an occupation that you're interested in to see if you would actually like it.

Here are the packages and it's kind of expensive:

http://www.challengefactory.ca/pricing-and-details

This seems like a helpful site and company. However, you can probably get free information sessions by calling asking politely to speak with someone who works there. You know like you're interested in being a nurse, so you volunteer at a hospital. You talk to other nurses about what they like or don't like about their jobs, and research college programs.

Feelings: I feel depressed. I'm lacking in concentration. Usually I take breaks from my job search by listening and dancing to music for a bit. Then I go back to it, and then I can't stay as focused to my job search as before.

Nov. 29 Productive: I found this article on Yahoo called "8 Habits of Highly Productive People." It's about taking breaks, making good food choices, learning to say no to so many things. I thought it was good article.

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/8-habits-of-highly-productive-people.html

Rant: This is a mild rant. There was a meeting scheduled at work. Only 4 people including me because it was on a weekday morning. Everybody has school and work. Most meetings are on the weekend. At least it was really short. I guess I'm annoyed because there wasn't a huge point and no one came.

Dateline: So I went to my Youtube bookmark so I can read some more snarky comments about a 35 yr old guy dating a 12 yr old, but there weren't any new ones. I then scrolled on the side, and there was "Handicapped on to catch a predator." It was so disturbing. It's like a 40 yr old guy, who's mentally average smart, but he had cerebral palsy and walked with a cane.

Cut to this black guy KBI commissioner David James who was talking to Chris Hansen said he: "felt a little bit sorry for him. A little bit, but then we remember why we're here." You may be offended by this, so I'm forewarning you: The predator talked about shaving the girl's privates. As soon as CH comes in, the predator says he wasn't going to make the girl do anything she didn't want to do.

Of course not, that's what they all say. However, in this case, I really doubt he could due to his physical disability. That girl could have totally beaten him up, but that would be wrong to beat up someone with a physical disability.

You know what was really interesting was that the predator said he had chatted online with this other girl. The girl's mom's boyfriend was a cop, and he threatened the predator to stay away from the daughter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOO8TjKyGr4&feature=related"

"Psychic" gets busted: I found this on Youtube after Dateline. It's about: "'Psychic' gets busted." It's Sylvia Brown on Montell Williams. I read years ago on www.jumptheshark.com that she made Montell Williams "jump the shark" (as in make the show go bad.)

Cut to a Woman in the audience talking about her missing boyfriend and how she can't find him.

SB: The reason you can't find him is because he's in water. It's like the girl missing in Aruba.
Me: You mean Natalie Holloway?
Woman: Yeah, well it was Sept. 11. He was a fireman.

I felt so sad after that. SB kept saying water and the woman mentions about still not finding any piece of him. I thought it was going to be a really "Gotcha!" moment where the woman says: "Psych! I don't have a boyfriend!"

SB is so wrong. She seems to be alluding to the boyfriend being in a lake or an ocean, but he died on Sept. 11. Yeah, well at the least the audience didn't say: "Ohhhhhhh" as in "You are so wrong." Well it's very sensitive topics about death and 9/11. You can't really say "Ohhhh" to that.

A person on Youtube said: "The thing with this is - Coming from a sensitive myself - When the towers fell the sprinkler system was going off and pipes were snapping because of impact - sometimes psychics get info that they cant define - like she got hes in water - but he may have passed out from lack of oxygen and landed facedown in a pool of water from the sprinkler systems and drowned... "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRc4LkBRjIc&feature=related

No comments: