Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dan Ariely/ spiritual advisor/ music video

Nov. 20 Dan Ariely: I got this through my blog. It's a TED talk where Dan Ariely talks about "Are we in control of our own decisions?" He shows some pictures of two tables and ask which one is longer? They're both the same.

He showed an interesting experiment with two 3D photos of people. Who is more attractive? If you put a less attractive version of yourself, you look more attractive. He's a behavioral economist and it was an entertaining and informative talk.

http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_ariely_asks_are_we_in_control_of_our_own_decisions.html

Rejection: I have to acknowledge it and move on. I did an interview at an art gallery a couple of weeks ago. I called this week when they're supposed to call back, and they said they were still going through applicants. I'm going to assume they didn't hire me, which is fine.

I'm also supposed to get a call back from the physical therapy clinic, but they didn't call either.

Castle: I'm going to bring a Castle episode "Head case" as an example of rejection. In the ep, Castle's daughter Alexis got rejected from Stanford University. She's an overachiever. They discuss it as Castle is an author and has his work rejected before.

Castle: Rejection isn't failure. It's about how you handle it. The rejection letter drives me.

Nov. 21 Job interview: Today I went to a job interview. I took 2 buses to get there, but I have done a few interviews in that neighborhood before. I may even say I kind of had fun doing the interview. I was being asked good questions by these 2 men. They asked the usual like why did I apply and tell me about your hobbies. It was about 20min long. There were 30 applicants, 4 interviews.

I think the interview went well, and I was the first one to be interviewed.

Pros: It's close by. This is the kind of job I want. The office is nice. If I get hired, I will give it my best shot. The hours are good.

Cons: I guess the cons are that they gave me the job duties in this hand out, and there is a lot of duties. It seems really stressful and hard. They also said there's some traveling and I would need a passport.

Rant: My sister was also lashing out at my brother, so he blew up at her. She tells me he has an anger management problem. Today my sister lashed out at me for not helping out more around the house. I told her I put away the dishes when my brother was mopping the floor today. She lashed out a me for not doing the dishes in the sink and not putting away the furniture in the washroom.

At the same time were were going to say something, but I let her go first. I let her rant, and then I told her about how I put away the dishes today. I also told her in a calm voice defending myself. I got home at 1pm and then left to go to a job interview. I came back at 4pm, and went straight downstairs. I didn't go to the kitchen or the washroom and didn't see that things needed to be done.

I told her that, but she told me it was "willful blindness." Due to my sister's yelling, my dad came in to calm the situation down. I am proud of myself for keeping calm and not getting angry. I didn't even do any passive- aggressive manners of rolling my eyes, looking bored and tired, and not paying attention. I didn't act aggressive either. I'm not really angry. I heard her side, and she heard mine.

Spiritual advisor: I saw that spiritual advisor Barb Cote back in Aug. I wrote about meeting her and how I got good vibes about her. She says she isn't a psychic and doesn't see the future. I went on dictionary.com for the definition of advisor and one of it said "fortune teller."

First I emailed her:

Hi Barb

I have a question: You say you "guide" people than "predict." So say if I ask you question like: "I want to move. Do I move somewhere in Edmonton or to another city? If another city, what city?" Can you answer questions like that?

I have been to a few psychics, and they predict the future. I haven't been to a spiritual advisor, so I wanted you to clarify that.

Thanks.

Hi Tracy ....thanks for your email :) what I can tell you is I show up and people tell me what is going on in their lives and spirit uses me to help them on their life journey...spirit is insistent with me that one's future is up to the individual and what they want in their lives....we are not separate from Creator we are cocreating....and it's time we get into the drivers seat of our lives :) once we have a clear vision about what we want, the opportunities show up and we follow the yellow brick road ; ) it's also time for us to be our own psychics and trust our own intuition more and more...

Not sure if that answers anything for you or not....hopefully it does!

A few weeks after I met her, I went and got a reading from her. I told you, I see a psychic once every 6 months since 2009. So if you think I'm wasting money, at least I don't do it very often. It's never the same psychic. She didn't tell me the future. I think she was okay as a spiritual advisor. I guess I would rather prefer a psychic because they can tell you the future.

I guess with B, she didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. If you want advice or to be guided in a direction when you don't know where to go, then go to a spiritual advisor. I want a psychic to tell me what's going to happen in the future, so I could prepare for it.

I guess I'm writing about seeing her in this email/ blog post is because the rant about my sister. B says you need to draw a line in the relationship with your sister.

Psychic: It's also interesting because B says I need to stop analyzing. Back in Jan. 2010, I saw a psychic named Terri. I was told to shuffle tarot cards and then the first thing she told me is to stop over analyzing things. T says: "Thinking and stressing about things isn't going to change anything."

Priorities: In an earlier email I had written about what I'm going to write/ think/ analyze about the important things like my job search. Then it's okay to analyze TV shows for their story lines and characters because it's relevant to my writing.

Nov. 22 Good: I'm going to be more positive.

Today I went to work and I got a $5 tip specifically from this couple that came in. I like to be recognized and appreciated, and the money signifies that.

Also when my sister got home from work, she asked for change for a big bill and I gave it to her. No arguments there.

Neighbor: Today my brother was mopping downstairs and I asked if I could sweep. He says I could take out the trash. I did with the recycling. As I was going inside my house, my next door neighbor asked for a band aid so I gave it to him. We had a nice and friendly chat.

Hot chocolate: My dad was so thoughtful today. He bought this hot chocolate powder on sale for $9. It's 2.15 kg. I'm going to put some of it in my coffee. This is a good deal, it will last for months.

Music video: I saw the last half of Britney Spears music video "Criminal." Now I saw the first half today on TV by chance, and I really like the beginning. The beginning is shot really well like it could be a scene in a movie.

The set up is that BS is at this formal party, and her boyfriend is a jerk who is really verbally abusive towards her. She leaves and then comes back to see him getting cozy with another woman. BS shows some attitude here.

BS: So you're not working the street corner tonight I see?
Boyfriend takes BS outside, and lashes out at her.
BF: How dare you disrespect me like that? Who do you think you are?
BF hits her.

Another Man comes over and and punches BF a few times in the face, and he falls down.

Man: You okay?
BS: Yeah. Wait.
BS walks over to BF.
BS kicks BF in the crotch.
BS: Now, I'm okay.

lol. I thought BS was going to go and steal his wallet while he's down. I did disagree with her dissing the Woman at the party, when she should be dissing her boyfriend. Well she did diss him when she kicked him.

On a side note, I thought the British BF was good looking in the handsome way.

Her last video "I Wanna Go" was kind of funny in the beginning. She's at a press conference and reporters were asking questions like: "Does this suit make me look fat?"

BS: Yes, yes it does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6b33PTbGxk&ob=av2n&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dbritney%2Bspears%2Bcriminal%2B%26oq%3Dbritney%2Bspears%2Bcriminal%2B%26aq%3Df%26aqi%3Dg10%26aql%3D%26gs_sm%3De%26gs_upl%3D5320l5320l0l5604l1l1l0l0l0l0l201l201l2-1l1l0

No comments: