Wednesday, October 19, 2011

priorities/ funny video/ saying

Oct. 17 Priorities: Here are the following things I will analyze/write/ think about due to importance.

1. Job search: Anything to do with my job search like job interviews, job articles, business/ economy news I will write about.

2. TV and movies: It may not be very important, but it is relevant to my writing. I analyze stories, dialogue and characters.

3. Comedy: Not very important either, but it kind of goes with TV and movies due to writing a good joke. I like to laugh.

4. Current events: Like what's happening in the city, country, and world. I usually write about what I saw on news magazine shows like 20/20.

5. Imagination: This is really about stupid stuff that doesn't matter like hypothetical situations. I really need to limit this so that's why I created this list.

Funny video: I found this on Yahoo: "Hotel worker quits his job with help from marching band." This guy Joey works at a hotel for 3.5 yrs. He then goes into the hotel with a marching band. They're standing in the hallway. As soon as the boss sees them, he looks mad and asks "What the hell? Get out of here." Joey says: "I quit." He hands him a piece of paper (letter of resignation) and drops it on the floor.

The marching band starts playing and they all walk out. I laughed at that part.

I like reading the comments:

Number 1: Notice how the boss blew his top before they even did anything. That's proof enough for me right there that he's a goof. I don't blame him for quitting, I wouldn’t want to work for someone like that either.

HolisticChick: My guess is he's doing this to get his 15 minutes of internet fame and hoping to get paid for interviews.

Me: I agree with both comments. The boss lashes out at them right away. I would have said: "Hi, can I help you?" The entire time I thought this guy was totally burning his bridges with his boss/ hotel. Joey can never come back and work for this place again. I'm sure he doesn't want to so it doesn't matter.

On a side note, I thought Joey was kind of good-looking.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-buzz/hotel-worker-joey-quits-job-help-marching-band-131411418.html

Call centres: Seriously, I wouldn't do that or tell anyone else to do something funny/ crazy to quit their job. Back in 2007 I got hired at Call Centre #3. I worked there for a day where they trained me. Then I called back next week and they said I didn't get hired. I was so angry. I hung up the phone and swore. I wanted to get hired again, and then quit after a day to get back at them. Of course, that's not really that mean of a revenge. lol.

At least I got paid for that one day of training. But I applied again back in 2008, and then again in 2009. That's when I got hired back, and was laid off 6 months later. I didn't burn my bridges.

It happened again in 2010 with Call Centre #4. I worked there for a day and was dismissed for not getting enough surveys completed. I hung up and swore, and then I imagined throwing an egg at their window. I also thought of calling the supervisor back and listing all these call centres in Edmonton that closed down and telling him that Call Centre #4 is going to close down too. However, I didn't do it.

I thought of it, but I know if I did do that, I would never get hired back. Some of you would say: "You want to get hired back at this crappy call centre?" Yeah, well they do pay well. Or you could put an ad on Kijiji warning people not to work for this company. I have read a few ads like that.

Job search: A few weeks ago I did a job interview at an office, and at the end we started talking about the restaurant I worked at. Yesterday I got an email and they rejected me. I have to look at this way. They got 100 resumes, and I was one of the 15 people they chose to interview. I did an interview at a cafe and they should call me by now, but they haven't.

Oct. 19 Punk'd: This is relevant to my job search. Punk'd is an old TV show where Ashton Kutcher plays pranks on celebrities. One prank was on the rapper Eve where she goes to a job interview and the trick was that the interviewer leaves in the middle of it. The office assistant then walks right into the desk and it topples over. He then blames Eve for it to the interviewer and they get into a huge fight.

I looked it up on Youtube, but couldn't find the video. This is from years ago, so my memory may be fuzzy. I remember Eve was interviewed for a role on a TV show and maybe some talk about availability. Eve was dressed in a black sleeveless shirt and a denim skirt. I didn't think it was very professional, but I think it was more of a casual meeting than an interview.

She didn't have a pen and paper to write down, which is fine. I always do because I have questions and answers to write down. But the main problem was that Eve was quiet and reserved during it. AK made a snarky comment:

AK: I thought the whole point of a job interview is that you're supposed to be interested in the job.

That reminds me of my friend Jessica saying: "You need to show your personality in an interview."

Job interview: Today is my day off so I went to a job interview for a receptionist position. I was there 10 min. early and I had to wait 15min for the interview to start. It lasted 5 min. We discussed that I will be working at my restaurant job in the morning and at the office at night.

I can imagine after the restaurant, it'll take me 1hr to take the bus home. Get on the computer and pitch my script for 1hr. Then go to work at the office for a few hours. Then go home and have 2 hrs to rest before I have to go to bed.

Actors: I was watching Ringer starring Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.) There was a promo for the TV show Supernatural. It has Charisma Carpeneter and James Marsters on it. I was like: "Oh my god! Cordelia and Spike from Buffy are on it!" Then I remembered Mercedes McNab guest- starred on an ep of Supernatural where she plays a vampire so it's not too much of a stretch for her.

MM played Harmony the vampire on Buffy and Angel. I haven't seen a good Buffy reunion since Charisma Carpenter and Alyson Hannigan (Willow on Buffy) guest- starred and was on a scene together in Veronica Mars. The Buffy creator Joss Whedon also guest- starred on a Veronica Mars episode.

Saying: My sister was watching The Playboy Club and a line talked about the Greek mythology Icarus. I was reading a poem about him in Eng. class in college. Icarus has these wings made out of wax and feathers. He was told not to fly too close to the sun, but he did and the wax melted and he fell to his death.

This is from Wikipedia: "..both are usually taken as tragic examples of hubris or failed ambition — and is often depicted in art."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icarus

On Playboy the line was: "Our ambition can make us careless."

News: In lighter news, Playboy got cancelled after 3 episodes. The remakes of Charlie's Angels got cancelled after 4 episodes. I had Playboy in the background as I was on the computer. My sister watches it because it's like the 1960s themed show Mad Men that she likes. I never got to watch Charlie's Angels.

No comments: