Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dateline/ Law on TV and movies/ popularity

Sept. 24 Dateline: Here's some more To Catch a Predator comments. The comments are all mean, funny, and snarky. That's okay that you diss him because he's a sexual predator. He made the choice to go to see a 12 yr old girl home alone. I'm always reading new comments on the guy who bought a koala bear to the house.

"He's in New Jersey, of course a nice sweet guy isn't going to get laid by us Jersey sluts. Duh!"

"Maybe carrying around this PETA bag and caring about animals makes up for the fact that I love to molest children...."

im 13 and id never be with anyone younger....

i'm 15 and i wuldnt get with a 12 year old fuckin disgusting lool

The voices during the chat log makes this show

there's a reason for that. The younger you are, the older you wish you were, and you prefer older men/women. When I was in high school, almost every girl i knew was dating someone in their early to mid twenties. The older you get, the younger you wish you were. you're more experienced, and you want to be with a girl who isn't experienced and the thought of someone losing their innocence is a turn on for these guys.

I'm 15 and I wouldn't even get with a 14 year old... I've always liked older girls... I can't comprehend what the hell is going into these scumbag's minds... hell, I don't want to... I just wanna see em get busted by Chris Hanson...

"i hope you like koala bears"
who hates koala bears

if you ever go to a young girl's house and she says she made you brownies, get you're ass outta there!

LOL! @ 0.20, "Glad you could make it", thats so fucked up.LOL!

About the George Lucas lookalike:

"Well the starwars prequels spoiled my childhood - makes sense he would ruin her childhood too."

i need some legal advice. can i sleep with a 13 year old? lawyer- i don't think im too comfortable around you anymore.

Here's the problem Gramps...your lawyer should have told you that just showing up was going to get you arrested. Good luck in court.

They should follow up with these people in prison, called To Anally Rape A Predator.

Me: This reminded me of this joke on 90210 way back in 2008. This teacher hooks up with a student and Dixon and Silver are talking about it.

Dixon: You said he was wading in the kiddie pool.
Silver: I said he was dipping in the kiddie pool.
lol.

Jury: I haven't done this in a long time; I mean write a hypothetical situation where I imagined it in my head. What if the predator who bought the koala bear was in court on trial? The prosecutor shows the video to the jury as evidence. What would happen in the jury room?

Would the jurors make all these snarky comments and laugh at him behind his back like the people on Youtube? Or would they all be professional and say: "This guy is guilty. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my kids. Put him in jail and get him registered on the sex offenders list."

Child molestation: One person on Youtube said this: "Dude they should have let the asian go! he even said to her that he just wanted to get to know each other!"

Me: Are you being sarcastic or being serious? If you're serious, there are a lot of comments where they said he seems to be nice and sweet, but c'mon. He was grooming the kid. I don't know who you are, like a man or woman, or adult or teenager. Or maybe someone who really sees the good in people, but if he does "date" this kid, the kid will end up needing lots of therapy.

I saw on Oprah a long time ago about a 13 yr old girl who "dated" an adult. He was basically grooming her, and she discussed how she was mentally and emotionally damaged afterwards.

Law on TV and movies: I saw this movie, I won't tell you what is so I won't spoil it for you. But the ending was the lawyer says he wants to quit the case right in the middle of the trial. He was in court, everybody else was there, the jury, the judge and he says: "I quit." The judge says: "You may be disbarred for this."

I asked my sister about it and she said: "You won't be disbarred for this. You would most likely get disciplined for it because you wasted everybody's time. So get suspended." That reminds me of the movie Liar, Liar with Jim Carrey. It was way back in 1997. There's a scene where he plays a lawyer and he wants to quit in the middle of a trial. He then goes to the washroom and beats himself up.

The bailiff picks him up and tells the judge: "I found him in the washroom like this. We can't continue with the trial." So the lawyer won't get disciplined for quitting a trial.

Law and Order: SVU: I saw the Law and Order: SVU season premiere yesterday and it was a "ripped from the headlines" story about a maid raped by a politician. The episode was average. I don't know, maybe I'm getting bored of this show because it's been for years and most of their stories aren't really original if most of them are inspired from recent headlines.

They did get Ron Rifkin (Sloane from Alias) on as a lawyer in this ep. They also got two new actors on as regulars.

Sept. 25 Friends: I called my friend Dan L. today and he gave me some more tips for my writing job search. I told him I submitted an article to Merge and I didn't get any call from them. I told him about the job fair and that it's mainly engineering and oil companies He said that those companies have one or two technical writers, and then they don't look for anymore.

Shallow goals: Here's something I haven't wrote in a long time, writing. Marty Chan told me about how my character's goals are shallow because it's about getting money. Money is a strong incentive. The writer Glynis Whiting did tell me about The Vertex Fighter: "He can't just fight to win money, he has to have another deeper reason to be fighting."

I was thinking about that Buffy ep where Buffy and Cordelia are running to be Homecoming queen. When they're out in the woods together, Cordelia asked Buffy why she's really running, and Buffy said: "In high school all I did was be a slayer. When I have my yearbook out, I can look at it and point out that I wasn't always a slayer. I did go to high school and have a normal life." So that's good that this may a stupid high school popularity contest, but at least there was a deeper meaning to it.

I was also thinking about that music video by 3 Doors Down called "Let Me Go." In the video Sophia Bush (One Tree Hill) is a stripper and her boyfriend Jesse Metcalfe (Desperate Housewives) finds out and he's not happy about it. At the end, it turns out she has a baby to take care of so that's why she's stripping. There's a deeper meaning than just money.

Popularity: On a side note, I thought that Homecoming Queen contest was a straight- up popularity contest without any skill or talent whatsoever. There is work and time to put in running, but it's not really something to be proud of.

I was in the Student Council in jr. high. It was some work involved like planning dances, but it was fun and easy. As for in high school, I wasn't a part of it because there is way more work involved. You have to be a certain person to like this kind of activity. If you are part of Student Council, you can be kind of popular for being smart and hardworking.

I was a little popular in being part of the talent show in jr. high. I was known as "The girl in the talent show" and people coming up to me saying they liked my dancing. There are people who are popular with little work like I knew this guy in high school and he looked like Justin Timberlake with the curly hair. He will always be known as "The guy who looks like Justin Timberlake."

No comments: