Saturday, August 6, 2011

writing/ rent rant/ Don Banting

Aug. 2 Writing: Yesterday I did some writing by throwing away 5 pieces of paper, because I had already typed it up and printed it. It's for my The Vertex Fighter drafts that are on my desk. I found some of Marty Chan's old notes on Rain. He commented on the scene where a guy starts asking Rain these sexual questions.

MC: "...doesn't seem believable. Why isn't Rain more outraged at such an inappropriate line of questioning?"
Me: It's based on my experience and I wasn't outraged.

Here's a total coincidence. Last week I was channel surfing and there's this reality show called Plain Jane, and there is a young Asian woman and she is kind of doing this speed dating.

Guy: I've never been with an Asian girl before. How do you feel about one night stands?
Girl: I think it's a little too soon to be talking about sex. Let's cut this short.

Cut to Louise Roe and this Man with her, and they're watching the date on a TV in another room.

LR: That was good, she did well.

So in your face Marty, not all women are going to be outraged. They're just not going to like these questions. lol.

Rent rant: I'll be turning 26 this month (Aug. 11), and that's when my parents started imposing that I pay $400 in rent a month like my sister. I'm annoyed by that because that's a big chunk of my income and I'm not making a lot of money. Though I'm sure all of you guys are like: "It's like $800 a month on rent out in the real world." Yeah, I've been getting a free ride for way too long.

That rent will pay for: the roof over my head, food, home-cooked meals every night, laundry, satellite TV, internet, 3 newspaper subscriptions, electricity, and water. It's also so I could live in a whole house, and not like a room of the house like in the real world. I have it made. I always save my money and write down everything I ever spent my money on. Each month I total it to see if I spent less than the month before.

I just checked and last month, I only bought a bus pass. I have finally done it where the only thing I spent was a bus pass. I do buy things I need like the optometrist appointment and glasses. Then there are some may not be as necessary like a day planner ($5) and a watch strap ($6) because my last one broke. It's cheap, but I use both everyday.

Aug. 3 Angry: I'm feeling angry lately. I just get in these moods from time to time. So I'm going to express it in the following.

Genders being mean: I want to add to that Jamie Kennedy Experiment sketch of those 2 male judges being mean. There were women in the audience and they were laughing and booing too. I don't know about booing, because I hear mainly men, maybe because they're louder. But I'm sure the women were laughing. So people as a whole, suck.

I can imagine any woman judge saying the truth, but it wouldn't be interesting at all because she's not being funny and mean. She would say: "He fell off his unicycle 3 times, he can't juggle, let alone at the same time. I don't even know how he got on this show in the first place."

The above is harsh, but the truth. This woman would have reiterated and not added anything to the show.

http://ca.mc1257.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome?.tm=1312414866#_pg=showFolder&fid=Draft&order=down&tt=1&pSize=25&.rand=747003851&hash=333991c4738ba6cb20629aefcfce7677&.jsrand=70189

Philip DeFranco: I found this guy on Youtube today and clicked on him randomly because I need to listen to something during my job search. He talks about the White House managing to avoid a debt crisis by cutting spending on education and transportation. He's fast- paced, smart, and quirky.

He says (paraphrase): "The Republicans and Democrats compromised and choose to be semi-miserable instead of miserable. It's kind of like someone marrying someone because though he may not be really good-looking or even an interesting person, you get to have a warm body beside you when you sleep at night."

Here's Philip DeFranco:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ​=ziIL3HuC9jQ&feature=topvideos ​_entertainment

Dateline: That above reminds me of Dateline: To Catch a Predator of that 35 yr old guy who was going to date a 12 yr old girl. I doubt he is even interested in getting to know her. What are you guys going to talk about? The Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus? No disrespect to the actress/ decoy who plays the 12 yr old girl, but I doubt he is even physically attracted to her. He didn't seem like a pedophile who was interested in kids, more like he's so desperate he will date anyone of the opposite sex.

Happy: Let's lighten the mood.

Funny commercial: I saw this yesterday, but it's that Staples commercial where they sing "It's the most wonderful time of the year" about back to school. Heather Morris from Glee is in it and she's dancing at the end of it. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQvTYbKHea0

Joke: I don't know or don't remember if I signed up for Dailysilly.com where I get a joke sent into my email every once in awhile. I did get this joke today and thought it was kind of funny:

A new bride was a bit embarrassed to be known as a honeymooner. So when she and her husband pulled up to the hotel, she asked him if there was any way that they could make it appear that they had been married a long time. He responded, "Sure. You carry the suitcases!"

Charity: I read in 24 that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have donated $5 million to charity like UN causes.

I was checking a bit of Tosh. O and Daniel Tosh was dissing Alabama: "This is an overly racist state. It was hit by a tornado and we need to get the state back to the way it was before so we can keep on dissing it. Donate to Red Cross."

Aug. 4 Colombiana: I saw this trailer the other day for the movie Colombiana. It stars Zoe Saldena (Avatar) and she witnesses her parents' murder when she was a kid. Now that she's an adult, she will go and kill the men who are responsible for it.

I always like a woman who kicks ass like those TV shows Buffy and Alias. There was the movie Salt with Angelina Jolie. This reminds me of The Bourne Trilogy where the lead character vs. a big organization.

Job: Today I did training for an hr by watching these three training videos and doing a little quiz. The videos looked it was from the early 90s, but the acting and writing was actually average. I did learn about giving good customer service.

Don Banting: I had an hr to kill prior to the training so I went to Chapters. I met the author/ screenwriter Don Banting. I was checking out some merchandise and he came to me with these 2 pieces of paper promoting himself. He has a book called Two Shadows Have I: The Story of Alex.

The story is about a 5 yr old boy who has been abused by a relative. For every book sold, $1 will be donated to the charity Little Warriors that helps abused children.

We discussed screenwriting.

5 comments:

roy said...

Thanks for giving me chance to readu such kind of blog! I love writing, even when finding the words are like hunting for good piece of blog like your. this blog post and it will be there for you for any kind of statement of purpose writing.

mile said...

It is really better for you if you can really respect the writer for their works. They are providing us helpful and knowledgeable writing that is most important. click this link for more info about the academic paper writing services.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving the chance to read this post. When the things are related to the mystery site then it would have excitement. follow the link and this new blog is really helpful for those people who are really keen to learn more knowledge about the academic propose.

Laft said...

That is not mean at all because when it comes to spending part so you earn more than your sister and even save more because eyou have more time to earn and when it comes to learning so you can click http://www.essaycorrector.com/perfect-paragraph-corrector-online/ to learn online the ways to express yourself in a more optimistic way to identify the problems.

mikon said...

Everything needs to be expressed in its prior way so the http://www.similaritychecker.com/document-similarity-checker/ tells us that how you can express your anger in a more beneficial way that you can understand the feelings of others.