Thursday, July 7, 2011

voice/ rant/ blog

Jul. 4 Voice: I had this bad cough for a few days and it made my voice sound very raspy and hoarse. In 2009, I had a cold and my sister said my voice: "You sound like death." This time, she says: "You only like talking like this because you sound like that teenager on The Simpsons."

You know the awkward teenager with acne and that hoarse voice? He shows up working at Krusty Burger, the movie theatre, and that army base episode where Sideshow Bob was going to blow up the whole town. Yeah, that guy. Now my voice is back tomorrow.

Funny sport videos: This was like last year, but Jay Leno showed these funny videos. One of dancers from the winning group Kwest Crew from America's Best Dance Crew was on. He showed this video clip of him doing a head spinning break dance move at a bowling alley. He then rolled the bowling ball and made a strike. Camera pan to the Kwest Crew and they're cheering and laughing.

Another video clip was this Mexican guy who slam dunked the basketball right through the hoop, and his leg also got stuck in the basketball hoop. He was hanging onto the basketball hoop as people ran up to him and pulled out their cell phones and took pictures of this funny moment. A guy came running with a ladder though to help him down.

Cut to a black baseball player in the baseball field. He is running to catch the ball, and runs right through the stadium wall. I didn't expect that. lol.

30 Rock: There was an episode where they made fun of reality shows. That totally reminds me of how back in 2001 I did write something like that. I was doing a parody of The Real World and Making the Band. They had the characters talking to a camera, and the subtitle of who it is. I did that in my script.

When the characters are whispering, there were subtitles underneath it, just like a real reality show. That was good, I didn't do that in my script because I didn't think of that.

Dark jokes: The episode was called "Queen of Jordan" , about Tracy Jordan's wife. They made a dark joke where Jenna created a website called Jenna-side.com. Say it out loud: genocide. That was creative, but dark.

They made another dark joke where Susan Sarandon plays a teacher named Angie. She had a relationship with one of her jr. high students. Her subtitle when talking to the camera was: "Educator/ sex offender."

Bad teachers: I'll add Susan Sarandon teacher role from 30 Rock to my "Bad teachers are funny" file. I also want to add Jack Black's character from School of Rock. He was a bad teacher, but then becomes a good teacher later on. Initially he was bad, like in this scene.

Girl: Are we going to learn anything?
JB: Do whatever you want.
Girl: I want to be taught by my teacher.
JB: Besides that.

News: I got this on Yahoo News about excessive spending by the rich. I did learn something from this line:

"Real incomes have been 'pretty much flat for most people for 30 years but the level of consumption keeps rising,' says Naylor, author of Crass Struggle: Greed, Glitz and Gluttony in a Wanna-Have World."

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/McGill-University-professor-capress-2746148707.html?x=0&mod=pf-sp14b

Rant: After I read the article, this guy BEJAN has this rant about what's wrong with our world. It's actually a pretty smart rant that makes you think about our values. At least that's what I thought.

BEJAN: "The Capitalism system is just a big bullsh*t !! They sell to the hungry people a big illusion, making them to dream that they can become rich one day,like the few others,maybe 0,0001% of the total population of the world..Like 'The American Dream' , they sell u tickets to the 100 million jackpot draw Lottery,which is the biggest Government scam of the millennium, they bury u in debt with credit cards, mortgages, leasing, which u will never be able to cover,they show u 24hours/day at the TV the glamorous Hollywood's rich idiots and drug addicted and degenerated 'stars' life to frustrate u more and more and to put u to buy 2000$ purse ,

1 million wood and paper worthless house,or 100000$ watch ,like the @#$% Brad Pitt or drug addicted Ange Jolie, they give u just cheap junk 'KFC, Tim Hortons,Mac' junk cancer food and circus like 'UFC fights,baseball,soccer' and at the end of the day,u are just a tired and sick 'robot' and broke slave of the system, without a family or real friends, with no personal life,sad and fat !!!! This is the FAKE Capitalism New World Order !!!"

Jul. 5 Blog: On my The Vertex Fighter blog, I decided to add a description at the top of it so people would know what the purpose of the website is about:

"I'm Tracy Au and I have graduated from the Professional Writing program from university. This blog is used to promote this TV movie The Vertex Fighter. If the ratings are good, it could be turned into a back door pilot. It's used to attract producers, directors, investors, cast, and crew who want to be part of this project. I am an aspiring screenwriter, so it’s also used to attract the same people who will hire me to write for your TV show or movie."

On my www.badcb.blogspot.com, the top is this:

"I’m Tracy Au and I have graduated from the Professional Writing program from university. I am an aspiring screenwriter, so this blog is used to promote my writing and attract people who will hire me to write for your TV show or movie. I write a lot about writing, TV, movies, jokes, and my daily life and opinions. I have another blog promoting my TV project at www.thevertexfighter.blogspot.com ."

The whole point of both these blogs is to promote myself, my writing, and my script.

Jul. 6: I emailed the producer John Kerr and Writer in Residence Marty Chan about my The Vertex Fighter blog. I then emailed MC The Vertex Fighter Part 3 and Part 4, because he hasn't read it. JK emailed me back saying he liked the blog.

Actors: I read in the newspaper that Larisa Oleynik was going to be on Hawaii 5.0. She played Alex on The Secret World of Alex Mack. I loved that show. She was also the little sister Bianca in the movie 10 Things I Hate about You. She looked really different on Hawaii. She had a really short haircut, and she wore glasses. Her voice is still the same.

Did you know Jessica Alba was on Alex Mack in the first season? She was the mean girl Jessica and her voice is the same.

Jul. 7 Internet: It was kind of crazy today. I turned on the computer at 1:15pm, and the internet wasn't working so I was like: "I'll go wash my hair and come back later." I turn the computer on at 2:30pm and it still wasn't working so I called the internet service. I was put on hold for 30min and waited while reading the newspaper.

I hear the instrumental version of Toni Braxton's "Unbreak my Heart." That's a good song. I also remember a scene from In Plain Sight where Brandy was put on hold and then she said: "Thanks, can you put me back on hold so I can listen to the rest of the song?"

The tech support guy helped me with plugging and unplugging the wires. Then I thought: "I should have tried that before I called. I forgot." I connected the wires to different places. I was doing something productive by reading the newspaper though instead of figuring out the wires earlier. Then he said the computer has a problem, and not the service. Then we hung up.

But then I reconnected it back to the right places, and the internet works. So everything's cool.

No comments: