Sunday, June 26, 2011

Rookie Blue/ anti-classroom/ jerks

June 23 Rookie Blue: In my last post about this show, I said it was average. I saw the season 2 premiere today called "Butterflies" and it has greatly improved. It starts off with the rookies being happy and the lead Andy being happy and confident. She and the other rookies are outside patrolling a concert. Det. Epstien bumps into a guy he knew and he asks about E's brother. E says "Great. Well actually I don't know why I said that, he died 4 yrs ago." Det. Peck overhears.

A's talking to a girl Kate and then a gun shot. Blood splatters on A's face. I jump. No matter how many times I see that blood splatter on someone's face, I always jump. K got shot. A then gets shot and falls down. I read in the Edmonton Journal that a cop gets shot, but I didn't expect the lead to be. I was surprised because the lead character dies on season finales like Dark Angel and Buffy season 1 finales, and bring back to life. In Plain Sight season 2 finale, the lead got shot. It goes into commercials.

Cut to A and she's lying on the ground, and the bullet was stuck in her bullet proof vest. It's realistic because later she does show her bruise. Cop Swarek is talking to A later, and he sees a young black guy on his cell phone. S handcuffs him Oscar. There is a gun on Oscar and he says he found it will sell it for $500. I was like: "He's not the guy, because it would be too easy since it's so soon into the episode. But I still don't know who and why they did it."

Christopher Ralph makes an appearance. I haven't seen this Canadian actor in yrs, he was on Animorphs playing Tobias and In a Heartbeat. Both shows had Shawn Ashmore before SA got big in X-Men. CR plays one of the people standing in line getting into the concert.

A talks to the roommate Miranda and she had given the red coat to Kate. M always wore that coat everyday. K got shot due to mistaken identity, because M was supposed to get shot.

The show raises the stakes because Kate is an organ donor and can only be alive until the end of the day before her organs are useless. Miranda's ex- boyfriend Adrain attacks M in dorm. Andy enters and Adrian runs up the building through the fire escape. It's kind of a cliche for bad guy to run up. Adrian is on ledge and talking.

Andy puts gun down and Adrian turns his back. Andy pulls out a baton and hits his legs. Adrian falls down and Andy grabs him and drags him down and handcuffs him to the rail. I like that. It was rough, fast, and clean arrest.

Kate's organs will be donated to a 43 yr old family man. Det. Peck asks Det. Diaz what happened to Det. Epstein's brother. It turns out he hung himself. Andy also learns about her boyfriend Callahan's ex-gf Jo who is now working there. A and C talk about Jo. Turns out C and Jo were partners and then lived together, and broke up.

Overall it was a good episode, I recommend you all check it out.

June 24 Anti- classroom: This was from a few weeks ago in the National Post. It was about a family that has one kid go to school and one kid who chooses not to. The kid who stays at home can choose to learn whatever he or she wants to learn. If the kid is really interested in writing, he will learn that and won't learn science.

In the article there is a guy who didn't go to school, but wanted to go to college. He then did all these gr. 12 tests and passed them and used those to get into college. I think all kids should go to school. That's where they learn everything in the four core subjects, English, math, science, and social studies.

I'm okay with home school because they are also learning those subjects. If I had the choice to not go to school when I was a kid, I probably wouldn't and then I wouldn't learn anything. I hate school, but it did make me develop good work ethics and study habits. I learn the lesson that hard work does pay off.

Jerks: I got this flashback of when I was in gr. 12 and I was on www.youthone.com. There was this forum where a person says on the "Debates" page. The thread title was: "People as a whole, suck."

Person: People as a whole, suck. All we do is fight, and kill each other and start wars with one another. We all suck.

Me: That's because we're so different from one another and can't get along.

Examples: Here are some real life examples. It may not be as a global scale like war, but it's about people's behaviors. There was a funny show called The Jamie Kennedy Experiment where JK plays pranks on people with questions like: "Will this guy hit on a blind man's wife?"

JK pretends to be blind, and a hot blonde woman pretends to be his wife. They play a trick on this Guy. The Wife was taking off her clothes and mouthing words about her Husband "He is so boring" to Guy. I have it on dvd and there was a sketch that didn't get on air. One Guy didn't take the bait because it was wrong to hit on another guy's wife. The one that did make it on air, was the Guy who actually started kissing Wife after the blind Husband left the room. He's a jerk.

Here's one that proves people as a whole, suck. JK makes this fake TV talent show. Two Guys are judges and are getting the trick played on them. The audience of 300 people are also having the trick played on them. JK is a contestant and he falls on his unicycle and the audience laughs and boos him.

Host: The contestants are now gone, and they can't hear any of your comments.
The two Guy Judges then totally dissed JK's performance and the audience laughs.

JK and other contestant comes back and the TV on stage behind them airs all the mean comments that the two Guy Judges said earlier. The audience then laughs at the Judges because they look embarrassed.

This above example totally proves that we people as a whole, suck. This prank, you can put any two guys in the judges place, and they would all say mean things about JK. The audience was laughing and booing JK. I guess JK punished the two Judges by airing the mean comments and embarrassing them. JK also punished the audience in a way, by talking to the host and saying his wife died. The entire audience went dead silent and they probably felt really guilty for booing and laughing at him earlier.

Music video: I saw Britney Spears new music video called "I Wanna Go." I don't really like the song. The video was weird and funny. I would probably say the best part was the beginning where she was interviewed by a team of reporters. The dialogue was funny with the reporters asking questions that are not related to her at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-sxSd1uwoU

June 25 Dateline: I remember watching Malcolm in the Middle where Francis has to babysit a 12 yr old girl. They're at a restaurant and she wants to stay. She says loudly: "You were a lot nicer when we were on the internet!"

That was kind of funny. I was talking to the new girl who worked here for a few weeks and she was talking about how it was so disturbing to watch Dateline: To Catch a Predator. Especially the guys who have daughters of their own who are the same age as the decoy (actor.)

Me: I would say the most disturbing one was when the police went through a predator's car and there is rope and masking tape in there.

I watch Law and Order: SVU, and the lawyer can defend him saying that's speculation, not real evidence that he was going to use it on the kid. However, is there any judge and jury here who isn't disturbed by that?

No comments: