Thursday, June 30, 2011

comedy comparisons/ funny videos/ Luke Mably

June 27 Comedy comparisons: Here are the following things that are funny.

Bad teachers: The movie Bad Teacher came out, and it's funny when people in inherently good occupations behave badly. So with Mrs. Krabappel on The Simpsons.

Bad parents: Parents are supposed to be good, but it's funny when they're bad. Cut to The Simpsons where Homer and Marge listen to Bart pray.

Bart: And please kill Sideshow Bob.
Homer and Marge runs in.
Marge: You can't ask God to kill someone for you.
Marge leaves.
Homer: Yeah, you do your own dirty work.

Well that's bad parenting to tell your kid to kill someone.

Taking a vacation at work: I saw this in S Club 7 in Miami back in 1999. The manager owns a hotel, and then takes a vacation by staying in the hotel's basement. It was done on Dilbert (the comic strip turned cartoon TV show) in 2000. Ashok takes a vacation in the mens' washroom.

This was all back before the recession hit in 2008, and the term "staycation" was created.

Montage song parody: A montage is several shots of actions occurring, with music playing to move the story forward. It's done in fight movies where the lead learns to fight so you show shots of him training.

It was first done on South Park with lyrics like: "Every shot shows a little improvement/ To show it all would take too long/ That's called a montage."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPFCHuEegsk

I then saw it on 30 Rock where Liz Lemon is cleaning her apartment and making positive changes in her life. There is a song like it too, but I can't find it on Youtube.

Someone from the opposite sex complimenting you, but you can't get together: In 2005, I was working at a clothing store. This little blonde 7 yr old boy comes up to me.

Boy: Do you work here?
Me: Yeah.
Boy: You're pretty.
Me: Thanks.

Aww, that's so cute. I remember in 2001, I was at my friend Leslie's house and we were watching this TV show where Brad Pitt was advertising his movie Spy Game.

Cut to BP talking to an old 80 yr old woman with a walker.

BP: Will you watch my movie?
Woman: You're in a movie? Yeah, well you're pretty cute.
BP: Thanks.

They showed this videotape in front of a live audience, and the audience says: "Whooooo."

T-shirt: I was at work a few months ago, and I saw this 13 yr old boy wear this shirt that said: "Mountain Dude." I complimented him on it. It was a quirky shirt.

June 28 Funny videos: I got this email through my blog:

Hi Tracy,

We recently published an article that you may be interested in entitled, “Top 10 SNL Classroom Skits of All Time."

After having followed your blog for a while, I feel that this one article would align well with your blog's subject matter. I thought perhaps you'd be interested in sharing this article with your readers? Thanks, and keep up the great blogging!

Sincerely,

Emma Taylor

Most of them can't be played because you have to be in the US. However, #3 with Jerry Seinfeld playing a history teacher teaching history to kids who don't know anything about it works. It's really old with Chris Farley, Chris Rock, and Adam Sandler as students.

I have seen #5 with Drew Barrymore with Gilly in art class on TV. I have seen Adam Sandberg play a teacher who teaches adults how to start a Myspace account. It becomes a little dark when it looks like the adults there want to start one because they are sexual predators and are pretending to be teenagers online.

I have seen the Tina Fey and Justin Bieber sketch where TF teachers JB and he sings in the sketch.

Shopping: I bought a bus pass and the woman gave me 50 cents change.

Me: I think you gave me the wrong amount of change.
She then gave me 35 cents change. I am so honest. I would feel guilty if I kept the little bit amount of money. I then bought myself new glasses because I needed to. The frames were $99, one of the cheapest. I don't care about brand names, and I wanted glasses that look similar to the one I had for the past 10 yrs.

Job search: Did you know that Hangers at Capilano mall closed down? I know for sure it's been there since 2000. I did an interview there last yr, but I didn't take the job offer because it seemed like I would hate it if I worked there. Looks like I dodged a bullet because the store closed down.

My job search has an effect on how I watch Pretty Little Liars. Toby gets dismissed from his job and will get paid for the rest of the week.

Me: Oh, that's good. If today's Mon., then you can get 4 days of pay. Free money.

Well the audience is supposed to feel sympathetic to Toby because he was dismissed due to his reputation, and not his work.

I was watching In Plain Sight, and Brandy got a job selling cars. I thought: "Selling cars is really hard to sell this big ticket item."

Rent: I asked Leslie how much rent she pays, and she thought I was pretty abrupt with that question. Well, we've known each other for years, so I thought I could ask that.

I then got a flashback of 2008, when I was talking to my co-worker whom I don't know very well.

Woman: I live in downtown with my boyfriend and the rent is expensive.
Me: How much do you pay?
W: $1000.
Me: So you pay half and that's $500.
W: That is half.

It costs $2000 to live in a downtown apartment every month?

Luke Mably: I read that Luke Mably is on the TV show Combat Hospital. It's about a hospital in the war zone Kandahar. I haven't seen it yet, but it's on Tues. on Global.

LM is this British actor, you may have seen him the romantic comedy The Prince and Me. It stars Julia Stiles who falls in love with a prince, and doesn't know it. LM is handsome. I haven't really seen him in anything else besides that. He was in 28 Days Later as one of the army guys, but it's kind of a blurry memory for me because all the military guys look alike.

No comments: