Sunday, April 10, 2011

saying/ sexual harassment/ rape

Apr. 7 Saying: I was on the 16 and Pregnant thread on twop: "You can have it all, but you can’t have it all at the same time."

Rants: I've been taking my Paxil, but I'm still kind of angry about things. Here they are:

EI: My EI has expired after a year. I could reactivate it, but for the past 5 months I have a job where I make enough money, that I don't get EI. I talked to my dad about it, and he also told me there's no point in reactivating my EI. I'm annoyed that I don't get money for not working. At least I have a job.

Criminal Minds: This show is still good and they're in there 6th season. The actress AJ Cook has left the show at the beginning of the season, and then they replaced her with a new actress Rachel Nichols to play another character. RN is also a young blond woman like AJC. That kind of reminds me of when the dark haired actress Lola Glaudini left the show after one season and was replaced by another dark haired actress Paget Brewster.

Now PB has been written off the show. So what's bugging me? I guess I don't like change. At least one of my fave actors Matthew Gray Gubler is still on the show.

Drug deal: I was watching Gossip Girl and there was a good line. Serena says this to a drug dealer: "Your occupation hurts people." Damn straight. I hope teenagers are watching this and get a PSA moment that drugs are bad.

Sexual harassment: I was watching Degrassi: The Next Generation and there is a sexual harassment storyline. Owen is sexually harassing Anya in CPR class. So after an incident, Anya tells the teacher about it, so that's good. She doesn't apologize to Owen when he gets kicked out of the class. He should be punished for his behavior.

This reminds me of gr.9 health class talking about sexual harassment. We even watched a video with kids talking about it. I remember this Asian girl in the video said: "It's not stinking joke." I read teen magazines about it. I got a flashback of high school back in gr.10. I remember one time during lunch, one of my friends was getting sexually harassed. I knew her very well, and I knew she didn't like the fact this guy was harassing her. This guy was pretending he was interested in her, when I know he isn't. He was saying these sexual things to her to be funny.

This guy didn't know her very well, and didn't pick up the signals. He was joking around, but I didn't think it was funny and some other people didn't think it was either. Some other people told him to stop. My friend moved to different parts of the area, threw her chips at the guy and told him to stop. There was this breaking point and she had tears in her eyes. She straight up told him to stop it and that it wasn't funny. She seemed scared and offended. Then she walks away.

I'm sure the guy got the message. He does take things too far sometimes. I remember one time after he hugged a girl, he actually fondled her breast. However, the girl laughed it off and was cool with it. I'm sure there are a lot of girls who wouldn't laugh at that and be offended. I thought the guy was stupid for not knowing the signals. I'm sure he felt bad about his behavior.

So back to Degrassi, it turns out Owen does like Anya. She had to reject him. He kind of learns a lesson about his inappropriate behavior.

Rape: I got another flashback of high school. This time it's in gr. 12 drama class. One time some of us kids were in a group and this guy said this: "Oh, here's what I'll do. I get a girl pissed drunk and then I'll take advantage of her."

Me: Dude, that's rape.
Guy: No, it isn't.
Then this other girl says that it is.

How could you say it isn't rape when you said the phrase "take advantage of." When a girl is unconscious and doesn't say no, that doesn't mean she is giving consent to have sex. Rape is when someone is forced to have sex when this person doesn't want to. Even when she is unconscious and can't say no.

There are so many things that got me angry here. One, this guy thinks it's okay to have sex with a girl that's unconscious. Two, that's he's really stupid and doesn't have any morals. Three, (which is really besides the point and not as important,) but it annoys me that he thinks he is so original with this idea of having sex with a girl that's unconscious. This happens all the time.

I'll add four, that guys take advantage of girls who are unconscious. I don't know what this guy was thinking. There are some cases where a drunk girl leaves with a guy and has consensual sex with him, but she gave consent. When you're drunk, your inhibitions are lowered and people look more attractive to you. But this guy in drama class was a straight up jerk to be saying that, and a sociopath if he actually does that.

Kaley Cuoco: This was way back in 2003, but I am angry. She's now on The Big Bang Theory. I remember seeing her on The View and Star Jones brought the Kobe Bryant rape case.

Star: If you were raped, then why did you go up there?

It went downhill from there, because KC was like young and influenced easily by Star's comment. So KC was talking and agreeing with SJ saying that the girl who accused KB was falsely accusing him, that "the girl wanted attention" by falsely accusing a big celebrity. A lot of women get lured and go to places where they think it's a party and it wasn't. I have read stories in teen magazines where a girl goes to this apartment thinking it was a party, and it wasn't, and end up getting raped.

My sister was watching it with me and she also thought KC was stupid. Did you know that 80% of rapes don't even get reported because the victim often thinks it's their fault? Just with KC blabbing on The View, it could have really discouraged a lot of women from coming forward about their rapes.

If you get raped, always report it to the police. You don't necessarily have to press charges, but it's good to report it. Also don't shower, because it would wash away evidence. I might as well throw in that none of the other women added that what if the woman really was raped by KB. I know this is besides the point and not as important, but KB did cheat on his wife even if he didn't rape a woman.

Dating: I'm sure you guys are sick of reading about Dateline: To Catch a Predator, but I will say one more thing about it. The Dateline guy is 35 yrs old and he was going to date a 12 yr old girl. I remember there was this episode of The Sausage Factory where this 16 yr old guy JC meets a girl at the store he works at, and they really connected. Until later, Nancy recognizes the girl and tells Gilby. Gilby then warns JC about her.

Gilby: She's 12.
JC: What?
G: She's 12. Nancy used to babysit her when she was little.

JC breaks things off with her, and they're friends instead. He feels the age difference is too big and not because of something like: "I have a reputation to protect. People are going to diss me that I have a 12 yr old girlfriend."

No comments: