Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Post Secret/ autism on TV/ Miko Hughes

Apr. 25 Post Secret:

"Getting raped made me closer to my boyfriend and God."

Email: "I was raped three years ago. I don't believe in God anymore."

"Frank, I am finally helping other college women/ men who are raped and sexually assaulted. I have never felt so at peace!"

"When you have a relationship with someone who is mentally ill, you have a relationship with mental illness, not a person."

"You helped me realize I am more than my mental illness. Thank you."

"Truth is my dad has not had a job for two years."

Me: That made me appreciate that I have a job.

Autism on TV: It was a coincidence that Criminal Minds did an episode called "Coda" about an autistic boy who witnesses his parents abduction, and two weeks later I was watching The Listener and there was an episode called "The Brothers Volkov." An autistic boy witnesses a murder. In both cases an autistic boy witnesses a crime, but can't communicate because they're autistic.

Criminal Minds: If I had to choose which one I liked best, I would say Criminal Minds. I was very impressed with it. The beginning was this 10 yr old autistic boy Sammy who can plays the piano beautifully. A gun shot rings out and blood splatters on his face. That was scary. There was a touching moment as he takes Agent Reid's hand and gets him to play the piano with him.

Sammy actually patted his mom on the shoulder like a hug when they find her. He doesn't hug because he doesn't like to be touched. He freaks out and screams if he's touched. That's true with autism. S was drawing pictures of anchors, and this letter V or L. S was communicating to them with these pics. They were able to figure out who the killer is because he's a ship man who kidnapped the parents to get money. I love this episode, it was really good.

The Listener: The beginning started with Toby riding his motorcycle. He stops to see a busker play music. When he hears the music, he sees it too. That's synthesia. I saw it on Heroes. Toby tries to solve the murder with help of the autistic 13 yr old boy Pavlov. He is also freaked out when he is touched. T is a telepath and can hear thoughts, but can also see images in people's heads.

Pavlov loves his train set and sees himself, T and his father in the train set when T enters his mind. It turns out it was one of P's older brothers who murdered the father. He framed P because P will go to some home and the guy who did it wouldn't go to jail.

Mercury Rising: When I was watching Criminal Minds, it reminded me of this movie Mercury Rising. It came out in 1998, but I saw it in 2001 on this band/ choir trip while riding on the bus. It's a very vague memory. All I remember is Bruce Willis's character uses these cards with pictures and words to communicate with the autistic boy.

On imdb: "Bruce Willis is an outcast FBI agent who is assigned to protect a 9 year old autistic boy who is the target for assassins after cracking a top secret government code."

Miko Hughes: I was watching this show called Child Star Confidential way back in Aug. 27, 2006. I remembered the date because I emailed the actor Miko Hughes who played the autistic boy in Mercury Rising. They were interviewing him, and I emailed him and he emailed me back:

Me:

Hey Miko

I saw you on Child Star Confidential today and it was very interesting. I was suprised that you had no drug abuse like a lot of child stars do- just kidding. No I was surprised that you were 20 because you seemed 18. Also that you were 5'3" because you seemed taller on tv.

I have seen Mercury Rising. Anyway, I hope to see you in more movies and tv. Good luck.

Miko: Cool nice to meetcha. :)

-Miko

I'm Myspace friends with him. Here's his Myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/woeismiko

Apr. 26: I do have one nitpick about The Listener episode. After solving the murder, the autistic boy makes eye contact with Toby and thanks him. I thought that was a really big stretch for someone with autism. It was meaningful, but a little too unbelievable, at least for me. On Criminal Minds it was a little more realistic when the autistic boy pats his mom on the shoulder to show that he loves her.

I have seen W5 with this autistic 14 yr old girl. She can type and she may be autistic, but if you read what she types, she sounds like a normal girl. She says things like: "Brad Pitt is hot."

Job search: I was looking for a job at this hospital website, and there were some with science degrees needed. So I emailed my friend Jessica about it and she's interested in it. Unlike last time when I told her about the Shaw Conference Centre job. lol.

Today's my day off and I applied to 10 places. Now that I finished that priority, I must focus on my writing.

Characters: Marty Chan told me my characters are agents to my plot, and not characters on their own. I was watching Gossip Girl with my sister and the character Vanessa shows up.

S: Plot device (about Vanessa).
Me: Agent to the plot.

V used to have a bigger part in the first couple of seasons, but now there's not much for her to do. It's like that with Whitney Fordman (played by my favorite Edmonton actor Eric Johnson) on Smallville. Whitney was there to as an obstacle between Clark and Lana. Whitney was a popular and mean jock and then became nice. He left the show after the first season, because there wasn't much for the character to do.

I wasn't surprised when that happened on The OC. Luke was there as an obstacle between Marissa and Ryan. Then he became nice and then got written off.

Song: I was looking for a job, and I always have to listen to some music during it. I found this song called "In My Veins" by Jesse McCartney. This is a sexy and slow song like "Sex Therapy" by Robin Thicke. I love this song. Check it out. I never really thought J's voice was sexy, until I heard this song. I've heard his fun pop songs, but this song is totally different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUyt5hW2-kc

Lee Ryan: I was looking Lee Ryan from the British boy band Blue. I met him when they came to West Ed mall and I got a hug from him! I found this old video clip when he was 16, before he got big in Blue when he was 17. He comes on stage and he is dancing kind of goofy. Then he sings "Swear it Again" by the boy band West Life. I like that song and I like how Lee sings it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdFiFyVGMjY

Family: The other day I told my little brother to turn off the other computer. He was kind of eh. But 10 min. later he did and I thanked him telling him I appreciated it. Today we had two mild fights.

One, his friend calls and P tells me to pick up. He would have to get up and stand over to pick up the phone. I didn't pick up because P was studying. The friend calls again after the machine picked, and we still didn't pick up. We were arguing while neither one of us reached for the phone.

Then P has to find the calculator, and as he was looking for it, I said: "While you're at it, organize the desk." He got mad and found it. Then he apologized for yelling at me.

The other day, my sister ranted to me because P was being mean to her. It's all ebb and flow, we all get in fights with each other. However, I don't tell my sister or family that we argue. Instead I tell it to my friends.

1 comment:

Jana hassan said...

I will forever be indebted to the great Doctor AKHIGBE for fixing my broken marriage after my husband left me for 6 months. I never believed in spells until my close friend introduced me to him. At first, I was skeptical about him because I heard a lots about false spell casters but I put my doubts behind me for i was desperate to get my husband back and I did according to what he instructed me to do. Now my husband is back just within 48 hours of contacting him. I'm living happily with my husband again after 6 months of divorce and I will not rest till he's known all over the world. He's also specialize in sickness spells. Get connected with Doctor AKHIGBE now, his email is drakhigbespellhome7@gmail.com or WhatsApp on +2349021374574 and I said I must let any email I see on net must know about this because am very happy .