Sunday, March 6, 2011

music/ Truddi Chase/ rape

Mar. 3 Music: I was reading comments on Robin Thicke's song "Teach U a Lesson." And someone said it reminds them of this German singer Vaidus and his song "Tiktai Tu." It's a really beautiful song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb9wYFGmD_A

I then checked out some more German music and found this singer Sasha Son. He did a cover of Elton's John's song "Sorry seems to be the Hardest Word" in German. I like this performance where SS sings while playing on a piano and it's revolving. There are a group of dancers dancing contemporary to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skTrKxQcwd8&feature=related

I'm not a fan of EJ, but I like this song because my favorite British boy band Blue did a duet with him to this song.

Here's SS singing in German to Toploader's song "Dancing in the Moonlight." This song was on the A Walk to Remember soundtrack. I have the cd. It's a very upbeat song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIbS-urLhI8&feature=related

Friends: I chatted with my friend Angela recently and she said that one of my emails was boring where I talked about actors and where I've seen them in. I'm kind of sick of writing about TV so now I'm going to write about serious topics and news, at least for this email.

Truddi Chase: I was watching Oprah a few months ago and they covered this woman named Truddi Chase in May 1990. It turns out TC was raped at 2 by her her step dad. She was abused until she ran away when she was 16. She had split into 92 personalities to deal with the pain. Oprah did break down and cry because she was abused herself.

They talked to Kim Noble who had split into 25 personalities. It's Dissociative Identity Disorder. They talked to this young woman named Erin who was molested and she made a law called Erin's Law to protect children. There was also about a woman who after seeing TC on Oprah, she became a clinical social worker.

Craigslist: I watched Law and Order: SVU. Then I watched Oprah, and I learned it was a "ripped from the headlines" story. It turns out L&O: SVU made an episode out of a true story. This woman Sarah's ex- boyfriend had set her up to get raped through Craigslist.

Her ex-boyfriend's name Jebodiah Stype. He put an ad on Craigslist about Sarah and how she has a rape fantasy and needs an aggressive man. He had put photos of S in her swimsuit from her Myspace page. S called cops, and they told her to get Craigslist to remove the ad. The ad was removed, but she was attacked. Rapist thought she wanted the rape fantasy.

Some people have sympathy for the rapist because he didn't know Sarah really didn't want to be raped. Well he's still a psychopath. At the very least, he's a cheater because he had a wife and 2 kids. It turns out there were 114 replies to that ad. That is so scary.

Yeah, well at least the ex- boyfriend and the rapist got arrested. Sarah has now gotten married to another guy. Oprah did tell the audience that if you put pictures or anything else on the internet, anyone can use it. Don't put photos of yourself in a swimsuit. I'm not saying that a woman who does that is "asking for it" but please be cautious.

Rape: I was reading a letter in the National Post that 1 in 4 young woman will be raped in the first 4 yrs of college. It will most likely happen in the first 8 weeks of school. 80% of the victims know their attacker. 70% occur in residence. 4% report to campus security and police. The stats are by National College of Women Sexual Victimization study at University of Western Ontario.

I remember reading in a teen magazine about rape stats like most of the time it's knowing your attacker. I remember reading in Teen that reporting a rape is a personal choice, but you should report it because he may go and rape someone else.

I read in a magazine years ago about a girl going to a party with a group of guys, and when she got there, there was only one guy and he raped her. She did report it to the police. I watched America's Most Wanted and how this rapist got away by escaping the court house. Now that's why they're looking for him on this show.

They interviewed this 13 yr old rape victim (identity in the shadows) and she said she didn't want others to go through what she went through, so that's why she pressed charges.

Tasers: I was watching Republic of Doyle and one of the characters Desmond gets tasered and it's kind of funny. He does go to the hospital. On Corner Gas, the cop Davis accidentally tasers himself and he really hurts himself. It's played for laughs.

However, I saw a ep of Doc Zone where they covered how dangerous tasers are and how it has a long lasting effect after being used. They talked about how cops have to experience being pepper sprayed in the eyes before they become cops. Well they have to be tasered too.

One woman was tasered and after that, her physical health was poor and she couldn't become a cop.

20/20: This was from last year, but I saw an ep on 20/20 about a group of teens who steal from celebrities. They break into Paris Hilton's and Lindsay Lohan's mansions and steal clothes and jewelery from them. It's mainly a group of girls and a guy. They interviewed the guy.

He discussed about the girl's obsession with being a celebrity and by having those possessions, they are a celebrity.

Mar. 4 Charity: Onto lighter things. I read this in the Edmonton Journal last November. This studio executive Scott Neelson created a charity that helped 700 children in Cambodia go to school. He was there on vacation and these 2 girls came to him at a restaurant begging for money. He gave them some. The next day he wast there, the same girls showed up and then he realized they are always going to keep asking for money. That's when he created the charity.

Job: Yesterday I learned that my hours will be getting cut. I'm kind of sad. Yeah, well at least I still have EI and can get money from there. It's the money that matters. Forget about not being able to get free food from there anymore. I'm looking at my old agenda and had written down what I had for lunch.

I had the top part of butt of Angus beef, truffle, mushroom soup, chicken cordon blue, and swordfish. Oh the days when I was able to get free and good food. Now they are gone. I'll get over it.

I was reading in the screenwriting book by Robert McKee called Story. It said you spend 1/3 of your life working. I suppose that's about right.

Lincense plates: I saw one that said CJOY. Then there's one with MARIA J. That reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer where Cordelia's license plate says QUEEN C. I saw one that said CATHY O.

Mar. 5 News: I read in the business section of The Globe and Mail that most Canadian households spend 96% of their income. I can't remember how many Canadian Households did. I spent 16% of my income last year because I live with my parents.

No comments: