Thursday, March 17, 2011

jokes/ headlines/ office job search

Mar. 14 Jokes: I was watching Jay Leno a couple of weeks ago.

JL; Police recently found a meth lab in the basement of a daycare centre. Good luck trying to the kids to take a nap!

lol. However, meth labs are really dangerous. They can blow up.

JL had Ross the Intern do some interviews. During an interview:

Ross: I'm 22.
Guy: When did you graduate out of high school?
Ross: 19- damn it!

lol. That's how you test their age by asking when they graduated out of high school and what year they were born in.

Headlines: The Edmonton Journal used to have this page on Sunday Reader where they have some funny or weird news. Here's some that I will send to Jay Leno.

22 yr old homeless guy Larry Sanderson from York, PA gets mugged. When the mugger found out he was homeless, he said: "I respect that" and gave his stuff back. That's good.

Tim and Mary Katherine Gann said a server gave their boy Blair's Mega Death Sauce and encouraged him to eat it with his chili. The kid broke out in hives and had trouble breathing and experience severe pain. In Tennessee's Cleveland Daily Banner, the parents are suing for $60,000.

Stupid criminals:

In Saanich, BC, a 76 yr old man went to the police asking about an accident investigation he was involved in. He smelled of alcohol and failed the breathalyzer test. The next day a woman came in asking about an investigation and smelled of alcohol and failed the test. The spokescop Dean Jantzen says that if you're coming to headquarters, make sure you haven't been drinking.

In Conneticut in the New Haven Register, this guy robbed 3 condos. Then he put them in his car that later got stolen. He then got arrested.

In Redwood City, California in the Contra Costa Times, this 19 yr old guy asked two cops for a ride. They asked him if he had anything illegal on him. He said: "Yes...no." He was then searched and cocaine was found.

In the Vancouver Province, this old senior couple was mugged. The husband Otto Haas who's 90 yrs old chased down the mugger and got the purse back. The police came within 3 min. and arrested the mugger.

Mar. 15 Scary and funny: I was watching Pretty Little Liars with my sister. The character Spencer gets trapped into this closet space inside this Fun House at a carnival. The door opens.

Cut to a close up of bad guy Ian holding up a crowbar and he looks like was going to hurt Spencer with it.
My sister gasps.
My heart jumped.

But Ian saved Spencer because that crowbar was what locked her in.

It was so scary, but I had a good laugh. It also kind of reminded me of The Simpsons where Homer was wearing a hockey mask and revving up his chainsaw.

Homer: Hey Bart, do you want to check out my new chainsaw and hockey mask?

I like watching scary movies, because I like to get scared and get a rush out of it. It's fun. I don't like riding roller coasters though. I went on the big roller coaster at West Ed mall once and it wasn't fun at all. I was too scared to enjoy it.

Mar. 14 Office job search: Today is my day off and I'm looking for an office job. This gym contacted me and it's in downtown so it's easy to get to. However, I told them I wanted to work on the weekends at the restaurant. After some discussion, we thought the job wasn't a fit. Then I went to look at the job ad again, and the shifts were from 2pm-10pm.

That's not a very good hours for me to waiting for the bus that late at night. But at the same time it was like an office job. But there were no benefits. They said I had to work one weekend a month. I guess I could have worked my restaurant schedule around the gym.

Though I feel like I let a good opportunity pass up. But then I feel like I wouldn't last that long in that office job. After being unemployed for 8 months, it has really shaken up my confidence in getting a job.

Priorities:

1. Get a job- I already have a job.
2. Get an office job- I look for an office job from my 5 sources everyday. On my days off I go to other job sites. I also read some job search articles in the 24 newspaper today.
3. Get my Fighter script produced- I emailed a producer today and he said he will be in Alberta in June. For now I have to prepare my pitch package.
4. Write my Rain script- I wrote some scenes, but not anything that I would type up.

Mar. 16 Teen pregnancy: I was on twop.com and someone said this: "I went to a Catholic HS and I can't tell you how many people all of a sudden became pro-choice when they got pregnant. Before that, they were totally opposed to ending a pregnancy, no matter what, and had nothing but awful things to say about girls who got pregnant."

Yeah, it's about karma. The thing is, I know that you may imagine that you would have an abortion if you got pregnant, but you never know what you would really do if you were in that actual situation.

I finally finished reading all the comments on the episode with Felicia. She was this Latino girl. She did graduate out of high school. She named her baby girl Genesis which I thought was a weird name, but you can nickname her Gen which is normal. Her boyfriend Alex was a jerk like most teen dads on this show are. He spent $80 on shoes and no money on the baby.

I missed the first 20 min. of the show, but I was filled in by all the twop.com comments. People were dissing Alex because he's most likely out cheating on Felicia, he's selfish and immature. They said F should dump A. There was a discussion about how F's two older sisters got pregnant young and F is the only 1 out of 5 kids who finished high school.

People were saying: "Is it really that hard to graduate out of high school?" For some people yes. It also depends on the classes. I would have easily graduated out of high school if I went into all the low classes like Math 24 and Science 24. I wanted to go to college so I had to take some above the low classes like Applied Math. Then I had to upgrade after I graduated out of high school to do grade level Pure Math.

Person 2 on twop: "Guys use love to get sex, girls use sex to get love."

I thought that was interesting, though I don't want to generalize entire genders, but it does seem true.

Japan: I was reading the "Venting" section in the Edmonton Journal. Someone pointed out that after the Japan earthquake, there was no looting like Hurricane Katrina. I didn't notice that. I told my little brother and he said: "That's because Japan is so polite." I would say if a catastrophe hit Canada, we wouldn't be as good as Japan, but we'll be a step above the US.

Well we Canadians are nice, but we're not perfect.

No comments: