Thursday, March 3, 2011

joke/ Ed the Sock/ Live Action

Feb. 28 Joke: I was watching Jay Leno.

JL: NBC is retiring the peacock logo. Let's see where the peacock is.

Cut to outside NBC studio.
A old man dressed like a peacock is going through the dumpster.
He finds a bottle of alcohol and drinks it.

JL: That's why you should save your money.
I call to my little brother who's in the room and on the computer.
Me: You hear that?
P: Yeah.

lol. I'm always telling him to save his money.

Funny sketch: Today's my day off and I did the usual of writing my script, job search, and shoveling snow. I haven't been reading the 16 and Pregnant thread on twop.com in over a month and I had to go and read it. There are girls on the show who says the they thought the guy was responsible for birth control like Valerie from 16&P season 2.

That reminded me of a MadTV sketch back in 2003 or 2004. It's about a really bad sex ed tape from the 1970s where Avril Lavigne guest- stars. Go to the 3min 25 sec part. AL's parents are giving AL and her boyfriend bad tips about sex.

Boyfriend: What about condoms?
Dad: Birth control is the woman's responsibility.
You can hear the audience laugh at that part.
Dad: Wearing a condom is like a putting a raincoat in the show. What's the point?

The other tips are to have sex with multiple partners, while taking cocaine, without birth control. The sketch may be offensive to some viewers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LZ2BgWk4Ek

Mar. 1: A few months ago I heard this joke on Jay Leno.

JL: There are girls who are trying to get pregnant on purpose to get on the TV show 16 and Pregnant. If they do get pregnant and don't get on the show, they will be 17 and Stupid.

I read on twop.com about the people who have unprotected sex could be on 18 and Infected.

Ed the Sock: I remember this interview where Ed the Sock puppet interviews Avril Lavigne at the Muchmusic Video Awards way back in 2002.

Ed: So you're 17 right?
AL: Yeah.
Ed: Yeah, well I guess you're a little too old for R. Kelly.
AL's band members go "Ohhhhh."
My little brother and I were watching it and we go: "Ohhhhh."

R. Kelly was charged with statutory rape. I remember telling my friend Jessica this in 2005 and she covered her mouth with her hand.

I did see Ed the Sock in a "Don't drink and drive" commercial. It's sellling Common Sense. Kevin Federline (Britney Spears ex-husband) was also in the commercial.

Sales guy: Take a taxi.
Ed: But most taxis smell like a Turkish prison.
Sales guy: Then wear this air freshner necklace.

Mar. 2 Law of attraction: It's from The Secret: Teen Power book I read, and what you think, you attract. On Sunday, this thought popped into my head. I was thinking about the singer Massari and his song "Smile for Me." That's the only song I really like of his.

He's a Lebanese- Canadian R&B artist that was big a few years ago. I then listened to his song on Youtube. Then on Monday, he was in The Globe and Mail Life section about fitness. He says he's coming back with a new album and he's working out.

Last week I was thinking about that bad horror movie called Left in Darkness because David Anders was in it. The actress Monica Keena is the lead in the movie. Then on Mon. I was watching Castle and MK was in it where she plays a sister to a dead guy.

Job interview: I went into the cold today to do a job interview. They said they're doing 50-100 interviews in 2 weeks so I'll lower my expectations of getting hired. The guy asked: "If you could be any animal in the world, what would it be and why?" I remember back in 2000, when I took CALM 20 in summer school. This guy Alex said: "A dog, because they're loyal and faithful companions." So I said that in the interview.

I remember in 2005 when I was applying at Call Centre #1 which I got hired at. They asked that question and I said the same thing. My friend Riley had worked there and he said: "A dog because they get to hump lots of things." Seriously. lol.

Live Action: I was watching CNN last month and they covered this right wing group called Live Action. They've been covered before. It's about 20-somethings doing radical undercover work. They spoke to Lila Rose who is an anti- abortion activist. She got two actors who play a pimp and an underage prostitute to go into Planned Parenthood to get health care.

The PP employee was fired because she was aiding and abetting a pimp. The PP employee says if the girl's 14 and younger, then they have to tell the FBI about it, so lie and say you're 15. Say the person you had sex with is 15 too, even if he isn't.

Stuart Schear, VP for Communications of Planned Parenthood talked to CNN. He says he doesn't like Live Action, because they're trying to bring down Planned Parenthood. PP helps women's health with abortions and birth control. Lila Rose says she is protecting women and girls from being exploited.

My take is this: It's good that LR got a bad PP employee fired for aiding and abetting a pimp. I'm going to assume this isn't the first time that this employee told people who come in to lie about their age and who they're having sex with. I'll give points to SS for firing that employee. I hope LR helps more women, but not in this sneaky underhanded way. However, I think she's probably keep hiring actors to play pimps and prostitutes to get bad employees fired.

Our America: I saw Lisa Ling on Oprah. She's promoting her new show called Our America that airs on Oprah's TV network OWN. The show covers faith healers, drug addicts, and sex offenders. The clip they showed was how a 7yr old Haley was born a Harry. This is a transgender kid and his family.

Here is a clip of the sex offender episode. It's about a young woman named Lauren who started her program called Lauren's Kids to teach children to protect themselves from child molesters. She was molested by her nanny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgIki3sKNUc

Jackie Chan: I read in an article last fall that Jackie Chan does a lot of endorsements in China. However, many of them are for poor products. I'm sure he still makes a lot of money off it.

I remember watching 20/20 about how Olympic athletes have to immediately start endorsements after the Olympics are over. That's because no one really remembers the athletes. There are some that are really big and stay big like Michael Phelps, but name some others.

Mar. 3 Saying: I was watching The Listener and a line was that something had "gone sideways." My little brother overheard it.

P: It always goes south or sideways.

Or down. Interestingly enough, I used "went south" in my Rain synopsis. Then I used "sideways" in the script.

No comments: