Sunday, March 13, 2011

chimpanzee attack/ comparisons/ Japan

Mar. 9 Chimpanzee attack: In Mar. 2010, I was watching Oprah interview a woman who was attacked by a chimpanzee. The woman's friend owned a chimpanzee as an exotic pet. The chimpanzee got out of it's cage and attacked the woman. She lost her eyes and is blind. Her daughter is in high school and living with friends.

The woman's friend apologized to her about the chimpanzee attack. The woman who was attacked has a hard time speaking and lives in the hospital. She goes on walks with a nurse and likes to feel the sun on her. She covers her face with this hat that has a veil over it.

There are tabloids who want to take pictures of her face so there's always someone guarding her hospital room door. She did show her face on Oprah because that's a way to show it with dignity.

Mar. 10 13 yr old college boy: I was watching Tyra Banks show back in Apr. 2010, and she interviewed a 13 yr old African- American boy who's in college. Seriously. He has two majors in math and something else, I forget. Maybe engineering. TB interviewed his parents about how he skipped grades. She talked to his 16 yr old sister who sees her little brother as an older sibling. TB gave the boy an iPhone.

Albinism: I watched 20/20 last year about how they covered that people kill albinos because it's used for witch doctor medicine in Africa. They interviewed an albino model who's in her 20s. Then I was watching Tyra Banks and she interviewed her and an albino guy. Yeah, Tyra's got substance and style.

Michelle Kwan: Do you remember how I talked about how Olympic athletes have start sponsorships because everybody forgets about them fast? Does anyone remember Olympic figure skater Michelle Kwan? I was checking out what's on MuchMoreMusic and it was Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List and MK was on it.

The last time I saw MK was when she was on Sabrina the Teenage Witch in the late 90s where she was rollerblading on the school hallways. I can't believe I actually remembered the ep. It's where Sabrina was typing up her story on a magical typewriter where things come true after it's been typed. MK was also on the Teen Choice Awards in the late 90s, early 2000s.

Golden Gate Funds: I saw W5 in Apr. 2010 and they reported that Golden Gate Funds is a scam. If you want to read the article here it is:

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/WFive/20100424/w5_foolsgold_100424/

Comparisons: Here's some more:

Couple on the run: It's most recently done in the new movie The Adjustment Bureau starring Matt Damon and Emily Blunt. It's been done in MD's movie The Bourne Identity. It was also done in The Island (2005). When I saw The Island it had inspired me to write some scenes which I still have on my 3.5 floppy disks. Though nothing has been developed. I also saw it on The Young and the Restless storyline with Lily and Daniel on the run.

Bad guy finds Jesus and becomes good: I was watching Degrassi and Fitz is a bad guy who comes back and says he found Jesus and becomes a good guy. On Gossip Girl, Georgina went to this religious camp and became good, then went back to NYC and reverted back to the way she was. I saw that on an ep of Criminal Minds called "The Thirteenth Step" where a woman confronts her dad who molested her, and he says he found Jesus.

Finding a dead body on a carousel: I mentioned seeing this before on crime dramas like CSI: NY, Criminal Minds, and Castle. I'm going to add Law and Order: SVU on it too.

Asian woman news reporter: This is another racial stereotype I will add with a black female judge. It's not a bad racial stereotype, but it's a racial stereotype. It's a running joke on Family Guy. I've seen one in the movie Drop Dead Gorgeous, Eminem's music video "My Name is" and the TV show Nikita.

Mar. 11:

Fortune teller reads character's palm or tarot cards, used to reveal character: I was watching the TV movie Lies and Deception and a fortune teller reads the lead character's tarot cards to reveal where this character is at. I watched the TV show The Cape and a fortune teller read's Orwell's palm to reveal character.

Gay character gets harassed by this person, but the person is secretly gay themselves: I saw this on Glee where a gay character is harassed by a jock, and then the jock kisses him. I was watching Pretty Little Liars and this girl harasses Emily. Later the girl kisses Emily.

Dating someone much older and hiding the relationship: I'm watching Pretty Little Liars and this girl Aria meets this guy at a bar, and they make out. Then it turns out that guy is her English teacher and they have a relationship by staying in his apartment. There is a real connection though.

It's done on 90210 where Dixon meets this woman Sasha at a bar, and they stay at her apartment. Then later he reveals his age. Though I did like that there's a real connection and discussion about the relationship problem.

Dixon: I want to introduce you to my friends and family, and go out with you in public. We can't have this entire relationship in your living room.

That's true.

On Degrassi, Anya dates a guy who's 25 and she's 17. Then later she reveals her age and that she will turn 18 in 2 months. They decide to get together when she's 18.

This one isn't really related to the above comparison, but it does remind me of The Simpsons. Principal Skinner's mom went out with Comic Book guy for one episode, and there's a huge age difference. They got along because they hated the same things.

Dateline: I'm going to bring up that Dateline: To Catch a Predator thing again. The one where that 35 yr old guy says to the 12 yr old girl: "I thought that we should get to know each other first." That guy was so fake. Do you really think there's going to be a real connection between you and a 12 yr old girl?

I'm 25 and I'm friends with a woman named Sherry who's in her 40s. We have a connection. Then there was that woman I worked with Lorraine at the Soup place when we both watched Big Brother. I got along with my manager Aziz at this cafe I worked at. They were both in their 40s.

Mar. 12 Japan: Yesterday at work, someone said there's a tsunami and an earthquake that hit Japan. When I got home I was discussing it with my little brother. I then watched 30 min. coverage of it on CNN with the politician- turned- news anchor Eliot Spitzer. ES talked to this American teacher that was teaching English in Japan.

There was cell phone footage of the teacher in the earthquake. It was crazy. I was reading the Edmonton Journal today about a jr. high school that was planning a trip to Japan, but now can't go. They're raising money to help Japan.

You can wank it in your mind that at least Japan is a first world country and can pick themselves up easier than the Haiti earthquake. A year later, Haiti is still in ruins.

No comments: