Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Listener/ actors/ review

Feb. 6 The Listener: My little brother was watching the Superbowl and this commercial came on that the TV show The Listener will be back for season 2 on CTV Tues. Feb. 8. You should watch it. It's a well- written drama about a paramedic named Toby Logan. He is a telepath and can hear people's thoughts. It stars Craig Olejnik and it's shot in Toronto.

I remember watching every episode of season 1 back in summer 2009 and then writing about it in my weekly emails/ blog. It's kind of cool to air the second season in Feb. 2011. That's kind of a delay to air 2 yrs later. I also kind of find the airing inconsistent from airing in the summer to mid- season. Then again, the same thing happened to Lie to Me.

Feb. 7: I was going through my notes in my agenda and I have written down "The Listener season 2" in October. I think I wrote it down as a note to look it up, but never got around to it.

Writer's streak: A few days ago I was pushed into a writer's streak. I wrote 16 pages on Feb. 4. On Feb. 5 I wrote on the bus on the way to work. Yesterday I typed up what I wrote. I also watched a few trailers of a TV show I don't watch so I can get my creative juices running. This morning I typed up 5 pages.

In the afternoon I wrote another 5 pages. Today is my day off and I didn't go out at all. All I did was write.

Actors: This was months ago, but I saw Iyaz's music video called "So Big" and the actress Francia Raisa was in it. She plays Adrian on Secret Life of the American Teenager.

I checked out this music video "Madder Red" by Yeasayer. It stars Kristen Bell (Veronica from Veronica Mars).

I was watching this old The Twilight Zone episode called "He's Alive" about Hitler. Dennis Hopper was in the episode where he looks really young.

I saw this CSI: NY rerun and John McEnhee (former tennis player) plays himself. It turns out his look alike committed murder.

This season, I saw Taylor Handley on CSI: NY. He plays a rich kid. Not too much of a stretch since he was on The OC and Hidden Palms.

Does anyone remember Tia and Tamera Mowry? They're twin sisters who had a sitcom in the 1990s called Sister, Sister. I was channel surfing, and saw that they're in a TV movie. It's called Twitches, which is based on a teen book series about twin sisters who are witches. I remember the books, but I never read them. I saw them in the book store.

I saw Kevin Jubinville as the prince in it. He plays the bad principal on Degrassi: The Next Generation. He was also on the TV movie Framed for Murder where he plays a bad guy again. He plays a bad cop in the TV show Rabbit Hill. He's getting typecast. Though he did play a good guy, an adoptive father who didn't say any lines in the TV show Flash Point.

I was watching Degrassi, and I saw Anthena Karkanis (from The Best Years) where she plays a teacher in this episode. I also saw her recently on Republic of Doyle. All Canadian shows.

I was watching 90210, and Adrian Grenier (Entourage) plays himself. He's in a rock band besides acting. He was at Naomi's birthday party which is held at the beach house as usual. I never really noticed it, but all the parties are held at the beach house.

Unlike Gossip Girl where it's also another show about rich teenagers doing fun and sexy things, the parties are held in several different locations.

I was watching Lie to Me and I saw Annette O'Toole on it. She plays a woman with Alzheimer. You may know her as Clark Kent's mom on Smallville. Prior to that, she was in the original Superman movies with Christopher Reeve.

I was watching The Vampire Diaries and there's this warlock Luca. I thought he looked so familiar and then I recognized where he's from. He played Devon on The Young and the Restless which I haven't seen since 2007.

You know James Marsden? He plays Cyclops in the X-Men trilogy? Well he made a guest appearance on the sitcom Modern Family.

Taryn Manning was on Law and Order: SVU ep called "Dirty." You may have seen her in the Britney Spears movie Crossroads where she plays BS's friend. Zoe Saldena (Avatar) was also in that movie. In the episode, there was actually a happy ending where TM saves a girl from a pedophile.

In the next L&O: SVU ep, Drea de Mateo was on playing a mom. She was on the Friend's spin off show Joey, playing Joey's sister. She was recently a neighbor on Desperate Housewives.

Store: I found this store called Awesome Blossom. It sells flowers, and gifts. It's by the Grant MacEwan City Centre campus.

Look alike: I was watching Teen Mom and I think the girl Jenelle kind of looks like Kristin Stewart from the Twilight movies.

Psychic: I saw a psychic a couple of weeks ago. I only see a psychic every 6 months. She's pretty accurate. Her name is Barbara.

B: "When you were young, you were very shy. Now you are reserved.
(That's true.)

B: You had trouble concentrating in school, but you will if you are interested in it.
(How did she know I have ADD?)

B: You are insightful, absorb energy like a sponge, sensitive.

That is so true. I was thinking about it a few months ago. When I watch bad TV shows, I get really angry. Then I read the book The Street Smart Psychic Guide to Getting a Good Reading, and it cheers me up. Kind of like how some people say about the Bible.

I do remember going on the internet years ago either on Fametracker Forums or twop.com and someone said: "I read Sweet Valley High books when I'm stressed."

Feb. 9 Review: I saw The Listener season 2 premiere last night. It's been a year and a half since they last showed an episode. It starts off with Toby riding a motorcycle. It kind of makes him a bad ass and exciting action. T uses his talent to win chess games and then donates the money to charity to show that he's good.

Then T and his friend Oz gets a call as paramedics and they have to save a woman from the lake who has amnesia. T, Oz, and T's doctor ex-girlfriend Olivia help the woman gain her memory back. It looks like Det. Charlie Marks has been written out of the show. I was reading articles about the show, and it said in the season 1 finale, she was in a precarious situation. I can't remember what it was.

Tara Spencer- Nairn (Cop Karen from Corner Gas) plays a nurse. I liked how they made shout outs to Canada by mentioning Toronto (the city they're in), Alberta, and showing Canadian currency.

There is a really good surprise. Bad Guy 1 trades money with Bad Guy 2 for USB key with information. BG1 gets money. Jogger comes by and injects him with a needle. BG1 dies, and the transaction was canceled. BG2 totally double crossed him.

I feel like The Listener is like the TV show Tru Calling. The lead characters have a supernatural ability and work in an environment where they can use it. Listener has Toby as a paramedic and Tru Calling has Tru working in a morgue where dead people tell her they need her help.

This season has a new IIB organization. From the previews, it looks like Toby will be working with them to help solve cases.

No comments: