Sunday, February 27, 2011

friends/ The Cape/ predictable

Feb. 23 Friends: I was chatting with my friend Michelle on Facebook today. We talked about my weekly emails She thought The Cell was another Jennifer Lopez movie. In my email I was gushing about how much I loved it. lol. We talked a bit about my job search. Yesterday and today was cold so I stayed at home and did my job search and wrote my script.

Psychic: I was rereading The Street Smart Psychic's Guide to Getting a Good Reading by Lisa Baretta. It's research for my script that I'm working on. My script's done and it's due in a week to submit it to this producer.

Writing: After I worked on one script that I will send to the producer, I went and looked over the Writer in Residence Marty Chan's notes on Rain. I worked on the Rain script today. I had to email MC back about his comments. He sees things that I don't in my script.

Mad Love: This is a new sitcom that debuted last week. My sister saw it and liked it so I tuned into the second episode with her. It's mediocre to me. I'm not a fan of sitcoms. It stars Jason Biggs (from American Pie), Sarah Chalke (from the sitcom Scrubs), Tyler Labine (Canadian from shows like Sons of Tuscon, Reaper) and Judy Greer (the sidekick in romantic comedies like 13 Going on 30.)

They all do comedy. It's all 4 friends living in NY.

Feb. 24 Left in Darkness: Marty Chan emailed me back about how my writing should be crystal clear so the audience won't have any questions. That made me think of the bad horror movie called Left in Darkness. It starred one of my favorite actors David Anders as the male lead so I had to watch it.

I saw this back in 2006 before I went into college to study writing, but I did have an eye for detail. There's a scene where a guy commits suicide. I had a question: "Why does this guy kill himself? There was no set up for it." I'll tell you why. It's so it can move the story forward for the lead character.

You guys go watch it. You tell me if there is a different reason why this guy did that. He didn't show any guilt for what he did earlier to lead to this action. It was really to get the lead character's story further.

Job interviews: I got a call from a bank to do an interview. However I told them the two locations I can get to, and they said they're not hiring for those places. They're looking for ones where you can go all around town.

I then called back this optometrist clinic. I took 2 buses and it was an hour to get to the interview. There were 60 resumes and it was down to 12 interviews (including me) for 2 positions.

Fun: I realized that I never go out at night. I only went out at night for a job interview. The last time I went out at night was to go to the bank to transfer money. I find staying at home watching TV fun.

Feb. 25 Rant: Here's a mild rant. The other day at midnight, I woke up because my sister was yelling at my brother and mom to stop yelling. This reminds me of a time a few years ago when I woke up at 4am because my brother and sister were arguing.

Today I confronted my sister about it as she was leaving for work.

S: Maybe you should start combing your hair.
Me: Maybe you should stop yelling at night.
S closed door.
S: Because mom was yelling.

I don't if it's my mom or brother, but one of them threw my papers from the computer desk onto the floor.

The Cape: There's this new show that debuted mid- season called The Cape. It's very comic- book like. I guess the best part is that Summer Glau from other sci- fi shows like Firefly and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is in it. She plays the mysterious tech girl Orwell. James Frain plays the bad guy Peter Fleming.

I saw the 3rd episode and then the 2hr pilot. The show is about the actor David Lyons who plays a good cop. He is then framed to be behind this murder. It looks like he is about to die in an explosion, but he manages to escape. He is then saved by this carnival act. He meets the master of ceremonies Max Malini (played by Keith David) who becomes his mentor. MM gives the cop this magical cape that gives him strength and power.

The cop becomes the Cape and does vigilante justice. The Cape has to leave his wife and 10 yr old son behind. His wife becomes a lawyer for the public defenders office and the son continues to read comic books. The Cape visits his son at night to talk to him, but he wears his mask and cape to hide his identity. Peter Fleming and the bad guys want to kill the good cop because he will expose them for all their evil deeds.

I give this show an average rating. It's fun to watch, good acting, and the 3 eps I saw was alright. I only tuned in because Desperate Housewives wasn't on. I guess the part I don't like is that it's too comic book like and not real life like. It's like those Batman movies before Batman Begins came out.

Disk: A year ago I was watching this Buffy season 2 ep and they were using a 3.5 floppy disk. The ep came out in 1998. Last week one of my 3.5 floppy disks stopped working. It had my resume on it. I bought it back in 2002. I'm okay, because I have my resume in my email so I can copy and paste it onto another disk.

Feb. 26 Predictable: I hate when TV shows are predictable. For example, Gossip Girl when Blair may be pregnant. You know if she finds out that she's pregnant, she's going to have an abortion and she isn't going to regret it or think about it. There's no drama. Also you can't show abortion on American TV, especially on a teen show. Then it turns out Blair wasn't pregnant at all.

B is a popular girl and she isn't going to stay pregnant and go to school. If she does, she's never going to be popular again and no one will respect her. She could go away to have the baby and only her closest friends and family would know, but of course everybody in school will know that she did have a baby and it give it up for adoption because everybody talks.

Also this is a show about rich teens doing fun and sexy things, so how is having or not having a baby a fun thing to do when you're a teen?

Survey: I went to Walmart 2 weeks ago, and on the receipt it said to do a survey to win one of three $1000 Walmart gift card. So I did the survey today. It took max 10 min. I did one for Chapters last year. If I can win something by doing a survey, I will.

No comments: