Monday, January 17, 2011

Q&A/ stress/ Octomom

Jan. 14 Q&A: My friend Sherry answered the question to this:

Jenny Jones: So you got pregnant when you were 13?
Girl: Yeah.
JJ: And you got an abortion?
Girl: Yeah.

Me: Is there anyone here who thinks she should have had the kid?

Sherry: i personally would feel 13 too young to carry a child without full support from family or friends. i disagree on the 'too small' idea if you mean height. after all, midgets have healthy babies. also, midgets and a large number of Asian peoples are under 5 feet tall, and raise complete families. 'too small' , though, if it would refer more to the width of the hips and the ability for the mother to safely deliver, would have a strong effect on her ability to have a child. it is the reason many mothers have a caesarian.

on the other hand, though, too YOUNG might matter a lot. not just because she is not old enough to work to support herself or anything like that. physically, emotionally, and biologically she might be too young to safely have a child without threatening her own metabolic health and growth.

Well Sherry, Angela, and I vote she shouldn't have had the kid.

Question 2: I was thinking about it today. What if the interview went like this?:

JJ: And you miscarried?
Girl: Yeah.

Me: Oh, okay. Lot's of people miscarry.

Or what if?:

JJ: And you gave the baby up for adoption?
Girl: Yeah.

Me: What? You actually stayed pregnant and gave birth to the baby? I thought you would be too busy with boys, sex, and having fun to go through with the pregnancy. I can't believe it. I am so surprised she had the kid.

The question is: Is there anyone here who thinks she would actually go through with staying pregnant?

I have seen a 12 yr old give birth before. (It was on Maury back in the day when I used to watch that show.)

I have seen 14 yr old give birth before and she had the daughter and her parents raised the baby as her sister. The daughter grew up and later found out her older sister was her mom. (It was on Dr. Phil).

The thing is, there are 12-14 yr olds having kids. I'm thinking of that Jenny Jones out-of-control teen girl specifically. This ep probably aired 15 yrs ago and I'm thinking about it.

Question 3: Which would you prefer? Your daughter who misbehaves, doesn't get good grades and wants to be a stripper. She then becomes a stripper. Or do you want a daughter who's well behaved, gets good grades, but still ends up being a stripper?

I would pick the latter. The daughter who wants to be a stripper, it's disappointing. I doubt she would get another job other than being a stripper. If my daughter has good grades, and is a stripper, I know there's still hope for her. She can still get another job and there's more probability that she will succeed.

Jan. 15 Stress: I went to work and got my schedule, and it told me I had to work on this day which I usually have off. I told the manager that I had already scheduled an appointment on that day and he told me that I should have written it down. I didn't write it down that I needed that day off, because I always had that day off.

Anyway, he said he really needed me to work on that day. So I rescheduled the appointment. I was thinking about how there are two people who have quit recently and that's why I had to come.

Octomom: I wanted to see what's on Oprah, and I saw that financial expert Suze Orman was going to be talking about money and helping "Octomom" Nadya Suleman with her finances. I had to watch it. NS was on Oprah last April.

I really thought SO helped her. They recorded this phone call:

NS: I don't want to go on TV and exploit my kids. I don't want people to perceive me and think I'm crazy.
SO: Why do you care? They already think you're crazy.
The audience laughs.
SO: The manicures, trainers have to go. You spent $8000 on Christmas gifts. You have to sell those toys. You have to fire those 3 nannies. You have to go to church and pray.

NS followed the advice. She fired the 3 nannies, held a garage sale and made $1500 off it. She went to church and pray. She got a job as a bartender.

NS: I don't want to go on govt. help because people would hate me.
SO: Who cares? Everybody hates you already.
The audience laughs.

SO helped NS get a literary agent and NS says she feels more in control now.

Twop: I had to go on twop.com and read the 5 pages of comments on this show.

Person: I'm not even sure Suze really helped - after detailing her exhaustive efforts at going through all her financials, the only result we are told is a $1500 garage sale and securing a manager. So how is she keeping the lights on, etc? If Suze ever said, I missed it.

Besides, I think it was completely irresponsible to tell a mentally ill woman to fire all the help - leaving those 14 kids alone and at their mother's mercy. And I felt sorry for the one nanny Nadya kept. Clearly Suze has never had to be responsible for a small child much less a houseful of them. Heh - that's probably how she has so much money now that I think of it.

Me: I liked that last line. lol.

Person 2: I had a diff take on the Nadya-Suze show. Apparently it was taped on 11/5. They did not update it for the latest events. If you're interested, google the German documentary. I was horrified. Also check out the invitro doc's admin hearings. This woman does not care about SO common sense - it's all about donations.

She demonstrates little or no interest in parenting those kids. She has plenty of help and TMZ films her 4-5 hrs at the gym plus spa and shopping trips, all w/o kids. (You read that correctly, zero kids.) The older ones eat fast food dinner - the younger eat with their fingers from food piled on the table, sorry, like animals. The babies, literally locked/zipped in cribs, watch videos all day. The older ones are at private school (she's destitute, right?) and it's reported that only 2 of the older 6 are potty trained, even though they're over 5. I could go on and on --

No comments: