Wednesday, January 19, 2011

funny video/ comparisons/ Dateline

Jan. 15 Funny video: My friend Sherry sent me this funny video. It's where you go to get your Blackberry fixed. I laughed at it a couple times. It's a British sketch comedy that's a few min. long. I like sketch comedy like MADtv and Saturday Night Live. This is kind of quirky and creative writing. Go watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI

Name: I was reading the Edmonton Journal and this woman who runs a tea shop is named Robyn Bird. I thought it was kind of funny that both her first and last names are about a bird.

Song: I know of Tom Hank's son Colin Hanks who's an actor is on the TV show The Good Guys. I didn't know he has another son Chester Marlon Hanks. He goes by Chet Haze as he remade Wiz Kalifa's song "Black and Yellow. CH called it "White and Purple" about college life. I was skeptical at first, but he does sound pretty good.

http://new.ca.music.yahoo.com/blogs/hiphopmediatraining/351226/tom-hanks-son-records-rap-song-remakes-black-and-yellow/

Jan. 17 Parody: It was over the summer, but I finally saw The Twilight Zone episode where The Simpsons made fun of it. You know where Bart wishes anything that he wants, and he wishes Homer is a Jack in the Box? That's what happened on TZ. A boy with powers wishes this guy was a Jack in the Box.

Joke: Over the summer I was riding on a bus. There was this teacher with some 7-9yr old kids.

Little girl: I had a dream last night where I died and I didn't know what it's going to be like in heaven.
Teacher: You don't have to worry about that for a very long time.

I saw a woman on the bus crack a smile at what the little girl said. It's kind of cute and funny.

Comparisons: Do you know what else is a really easy target to make fun of? The restaurant Hooters. Way back in 1999-2000, I was watching the sitcom Boy Meets World. The guys go to a restaurant like that and Cory loses his engagement ring. He comes back.

Cory: Excuse me, do you have a lost and found?
Waitress: Yes.
She pulls out this envelope and dumps out 50 engagement rings.
W: Somehow we accumulated all of these.

Cut to later.
C: Hey guys, I found my engagement ring!
lol.

South Park made fun of it calling it Raisins. It was little girls working as waitresses there.

MADtv made fun of it with a group of business men going there, and there are a bunch of unattractive waitresses like a senior woman. Of course, there wouldn't be a woman in her 60s working as a waitress there.

Jan. 18 Dateline: I was thinking about that TV show Dateline: To Catch a Predator before they stopped producing them. This is from a few years ago, but it got me angry. So the usual is 18 yr old actress pretends to be 14yrs old, the man/ sexual predator comes into the house filled with cameras.

He talks to the girl, and then the host Chris Hanson comes to interview him. One guy bought this koala bear stuffed animal to the Girl.

Girl: So did you bring any condoms?
Man: No, I thought we should get to know each other first.

Me: Who are you trying to convince? Her or yourself? Like seriously, you're going to date a 14 yr old girl when you're like 35?

So CH interviews him and the man says how he can't get a girlfriend his own age so he's going to date someone much younger. All the men come to the house say stuff like: "I just came to talk." But I guess this guy stood out because it seemed like he was going to actually try to have a relationship with this girl.

I think the men who come to the house are stupid, but this guy really was. What are you going to tell the girl? Don't tell your parents or your friends. What if her parents do come into the house? Are you going to try to convince them that you're really in love with their 14 yr old daughter? What if she gets pregnant?

16 and Pregnant: Another thing that annoys me was that 16&P special: Where are they now? They had that one girl Lizzie. Her boyfriend works 2 jobs so that's good. She's studying to be a dental assistant instead of medical billing like she had done earlier.

She got pregnant, and then her boyfriend moved in with her and her parents. She then got married. I was like okay. What really annoyed was this:

Lizzie: I don't like living with my parents as a married couple because it's awkward.

That reminds me of a jumptheshark.com post where someone was dissing 7th Heaven. Someone said: "If you're old enough to get married and have a kid, I'm sure you're old enough to get your own apartment."

Someone on 16&P twop.com said that "Lizzie did everything ass- backwards." I have to agree.

Living situations: This even brings a flashback of 2006 when I was talking to my dad.

Dad: You can live at home as long as you want, but if you're getting married, you'll have to move out.

Yeah, can you imagine a white guy living with a 6 member Chinese family? That has a funny sitcom idea written all over it. lol.

Sitcoms: However, it's kind of been done on that short-lived sitcom Like Family back in 2003. A white single mom and her teen son moves into her best friend's house. The best friend is black, has a husband, has a teen daughter, and 10 yr old son. I thought the show was kind of funny.

It's also kind of been done on the show 18 to Life about a young married couple who live in the husband's parents house. Next door is the wife's family. Wacky hi jinks in sue.

Friends: That also made me think about anyone living in my home. If my siblings brought someone in like a boyfriend or girlfriend to live with us, it would be awkward. There's room for them, but I doubt my parents would let anyone of us "live in sin" under their roof. If my siblings and I got our own place and lived with a partner, then fine. They would disapprove, but we're adults with our own place.

I think any of my siblings and I bring a friend to live with us, it would be a bit less awkward. Say my friend Leslie whom my family and I have known for years lived with us, that would be fine. As long as she pays rent and is respectful to the family and house, no problem.

Well L has a dog, and my parents wouldn't like to have any pets in here. Though L would be feeding it and taking it for a walk.

Rant: Here's a mild rant. The bus was 15 min. late and I had to wait for 25 min in total. Yeah, well at least I wasn't late for work and it was warmer today like -3. I was dressed warmly. Another bus came to take care of the other people we had to drive by.

I found this old receipt in a magazine my sister gave me. The receipt's from 2003 and it's from Shoppers Drug Mart. The card used to have a system where you have to get at least 3000 points to get $5 off. From looking at the receipt, I now look at Shoppers Drug Mart now. You have to get 10,000 points to get $10 off your purchase.

I'm a little annoyed they raised the price, but that's business.

No comments: