Friday, December 10, 2010

rant/ A Muppet's Christmas: Letters to Santa/ accomplishment

Dec. 7 Rant: Here's a mild rant. I called to see about my EI claim and it turns out I won't be getting a payment. Though I am working min. wage and part- time of 20 something hours a week, I am getting a lot of tips. I do get paid well because of the tips. That's a good thing.

On the flip side I won't be working this week. Maybe not even next week depending on how fast I recover from my appendix being removed. I can still get EI then. Now I'm calm.

Dec. 8 Hospital stay: All the nurses and doctors were really nice to me. Hospital food is good too. I had strawberry jello, a little muffin with butter, and coffee with milk for breakfast. Hours later I had a cheese string, and apple juice at home that I brought back from the hospital.

I felt Nurse 2 kind of was trying to push me out the door of the hospital, because I had my surgery and I can go home. That hospital bed could be used for someone else who really needs it. It turns out my dad had called Nurse 1 to ask when I was going to be picked up, and I said anytime.

Nurse 2 asks: "When exactly are you going to be picked up?" I had to call home and my grandma said my dad was on his way.

Productive: I went home and went back to writing my weekly emails, looking for a job, and pitching my script. I have to physically take it easy.

A Muppet's Christmas: Letters to Santa: I saw this one hour comedy yesterday. I guess I saw it for the guest-stars. NYC mayor Michael Bloomberg made an appearance as himself as he waits in line to mail his letters and cards.

Miss Piggy: Can't we go to the head of the line?
Michael Bloomberg: Oh that would be rude. New Yorkers are known for being kind and polite.

Jane Krakowski (30 Rock) plays a mom to the little girl Claire whom they share an apartment building with the Muppets. Steve Schirripa (Ben's dad on Secret Life of the American Teenager) plays a mobster. Whoopi Goldberg plays a taxi driver. Uma Thurman played Joy the ticket taker.

The story is that the Great Gonzo was to send Claire's Christmas letter to Santa on Christmas Eve. At the post office after through some malfunction that the Muppets created, the letter was put into the post office. Gonzo then went back to the post office and it's closed because it's Christmas. Santa doesn't have email.

Then they go to the mobsters to send the letter, but they were unable to because Rizzo the Rat dropped by. Mobsters don't talk to rats. They go to the airport and there's a conflict with airport security as Nathan Lane plays the security guard. They fly to the North Pole. When they get there, Santa was out.

The Muppets sing about wishing the letter could be sent. Santa shows up to grant wishes. On the sleigh ride, Santa and the Muppets read the letters and grants the wishes. Claire's letters say that all her friends are away for Christmas so they fly back to NY and celebrate Christmas with her.

Glee: There was a Christmas special for this show yesterday. Sue being the grinch that she is kind of steals Christmas by wrecking the Glee club's Christmas tree and rigging the Secret Santa by having all the teacher's give her gifts. Throw in Brittany still believing in Santa Claus and she wishes that Kurt who's in a wheel chair can walk.

Kurt manages to get this gift of robotic legs that makes him walk a bit. That reminds me of Dark Angel where Logan gets these robotic legs too. This episode had a lot of Christmas carols sung in it and there's a Glee cd out with those songs.

Funny video: I got this from an Alberta Job Centre email. It's a video of themselves dancing and surfing to music with animated pictures.http://www.albertajobcentre.ca//re/career-advice/career-advice-articles/happy-holidays

Christmas spirit: I'm getting into the Christmas spirit. Like I said TV is my biggest influence and watching those Christmas shows has an effect on me. I asked my mom to take out the Christmas tree from the basement because I can't lift heavy things because of my condition. She then strung the lights, and I threw some decorations on it.

I've also been using my Christmas cup that I got from the Soup place 2009 Christmas party. It has these three teddy bears. One is holding a little snowman, while the other two are building a snowman. The cup is so cute.

Writing: I have my priorities of looking for an office job and pitching my script. That's what I always do. Today I actually typed up 5 pages for my Rain script. I haven't done that in months.

Food: I tried that cranberry and apple flavor tea today. It tastes good, though I'm not a tea person. I drank chicken soup from a packet for the first time. You only have to pour hot water in it. It tasted salty, but good.

I also ate a chocolate chip cookie that expired on Nov. 19. My brother bought it from Safeway and he never ate the last one. I asked if I could have it, and he said yes. It was really hard to chew, but it tasted good.

Dec. 9 Accomplishment: A couple months ago I found this website where there are 5 pages of Vancouver production companies that I could pitch my script too. Each page had 50 companies on it. However, I had to comb through each site because some were for commercials and animations. I finished emailing them.

A problem with it is that there is a this repetition of it. On page one, it had a production company on it. Then two pages later, that same production company appeared again.

That proved harder when I was pitching to 13 pages of Toronto production companies, but I managed to finally finish pitching it to them today. I feel very accomplished.

This year of 2010 I pitched to all the Vancouver and Toronto production companies.
In 2008 and 2009, I pitched to all the Alberta and Saskatchewan production companies.

Dec. 10 Recovery: I'm drinking a lot of water, eating in moderation with healthy foods like vegetables and grains. I think the only junk food I ate was a few marshmallows.

Doesn't mean I'm sick, means that I can't do something productive. I'm on my job search, and pitching my script. My focus could now be on my writing.

Blog comment: I checked my blog and someone made a comment on my The Tempest Essay that I wrote back in 2007 for my college English class.

Anonymous: If you knew the first thing about any of Shakespeare's plays, you would know that everything you have written here is a complete abomination to everything that Shakespeare and his plays stood for!! I can't tell how angry your arguments made me as they are so ignorant!!! What would you say about Shakespeare's portrayal of women in his comedies? NOTHING BECAUSE YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA!! I appreciate the enthusiasm to discuss Shakespeare, but please please please do some more research before you make such shallow comments.

Me: Well I went and looked through my school folders and I got a 70% on that essay. I did research on it. Look, everybody is entitled to their opinion. I'm going to say it: I'm not a really big fan of Shakespeare. I read it for school, but I'm not interested in his writing.

No comments: