Friday, December 17, 2010

friends/ John Edward/ good

Dec. 15 Friends: Today I chatted with my friend Michelle on Facebook. She just had a baby. I haven't talked to her in a few months. I then asked her all these questions about her baby and pregnancy. Then I asked if she reads my weekly emails. She said yes, and that I should proofread them because she has to read the sentences over again because of the grammatical errors.

Dec. 16 Actors: I then called my friend Daniel L. and we talked. Probably the funny thing is that he was describing this guy he knew.

D: He looks like Ross Hull from Are you of the Dark?
Me: Oh my God, I haven't thought about that guy in years. He was on the TV show Eric's World and Student Bodies.
D: You know who I'm talking about? Every time I mention his name, no one knows who it is.

Joke: I was watching Robin Thicke's music video "Lost Without U." One of the Youtube comments was: "I dedicate this song to my cell phone..which went missing 2 days ago *Im lost without you baby*
Comedy comparisons: Here's some more easy targets to make fun of.

John Edward: He is a medium who can talk to dead people on the other side. He had a show called Crossing Over with John Edward. I remember seeing a few min. of his show one time because AJ from the Backstreet Boys was on. All I remember is:

JE: Your grandma said something about alligators.
AJ: Oh well, that's a joke between me and my grandma.

This was from years ago. If you think JE is a fake, then this wouldn't be a good example. Anyone can go on the internet and research about AJ because he's famous. Any obsessed Backstreet Boys fan would probably know that above trivia.

Family Guy made fun of him where Peter goes on the show and JE is listing the entire alphabet until it hits P.

Peter: Yeah, I'm Peter. That is so good on how you guessed my name.

South Park made fun of him where Stan proves that anyone can do this.

Stan: I'm going to say a name. Peter.
Woman: Oh I lost someone named Peter.
S: By looking at you, I assume that was your husband.
W: Yes, that's right.
The audience applauds.

S: Guys, anyone can do this. By looking at you, you seem young so I'm guessing your husband died in an accident.
W: Yes, that's right.
The audience applauds.
S: Stop, I don't have any talent.

MADtv also made fun of JE. The actor Michael McDonald pretended to be him. Be prepared, the jokes are kind of dark and offensive.

JE: Your mom died in a car accident by running into a wall.
Sons: Yes.
JE: Well it wasn't an accident.
The audience goes "Ohhh."
JE: She tells me you guys are in a band.
Sons: Yes.
JE: Well she tells you that you guys suck.

Then there's the African- American version of JE. Aries Spears plays him. The entire audience is African- American.

AS: Does anyone here have a brother who's in jail?
The entire audience raises their hand.
AS: Is there anyone here who lives on a block with a single mother?
The entire audience raises their hand.

16 and Pregnant: I finished reading all the twop comments on Lizzie. At first I really liked her, but after reading all the comments, my opinion has changed. I thought L was like my sister and my friend Angela. If they got pregnant as a teenager, and kept the kid and raised it as their own, I'm sure they would still be able to graduate out of high school, college, and have careers.

It would be really hard, but I think they can make it with a lot of financial and emotional support from their family and friends. The personalities are very go-getters. L's parents were divorced, and L and her mom lived in this big house. L's boyfriend Skylar later moved in with them. Her parents really supported them and the baby Summer. Later Skylar and L got engaged. Then S confessed he cheated on her, and the engagement's off. Then they're back together. This was the only episode that didn't have me saying: "Give the baby up for adoption."

L graduated out of high school 5 months early. 60% of teen moms don't even graduate out of high school, and she doing it early was really good. She had financial and emotional support from her family and friends. Besides Skylar's infidelity, I think he was an alright guy. He did have a p/t job and was studying the trade of being a glass blower. He took care of the baby.

The cons: I did notice this, that L got into college and then dropped out because she wanted to spend more time with the baby. That's fine. However, what irked me is that she dropped out, and then told her dad. When I was going to drop out of college, I told my parents first, and then they convinced me to stick with it. Before making a big decision, I really thought she should ask her parents, I think they're paying for it.

Other twop people said that she should have stuck with college, because it's harder to go back after you quit. When the kid's a toddler running around, it's hard to study. When it's a baby, you can study more because they can't walk. Also take p/t class and not f/t. She was getting good grades too. If her grades were bad, I would understand dropping out.

Twop pointed out that she bought this homecoming dress, and then showed it to her friends though she isn't going to the dance. Someone said: "L seems to be the kind of person to make a situation about her, even if it isn't."

Dec. 17 Rant: Here's a mild rant. My computer at home isn't working, so I went to my old college campus to use one. I did my job search on it.

Good: The good thing though is that I finally went to the campus and got a new password because my school email account expired. I can get job postings from that email account. However, I talked to my friend Dan L. earlier, and he had a classmate email him job postings from school, and it turns out it was on other job sites already.

The school will be closed for winter break, so I won't be able to use the computer for awhile. I don't know when mine will be fixed. I have a second computer that I got back in 1998, but it stopped working some months ago. I will give points that PC computer lasted 12 yrs.

Cool names: I found these actresses names cool like Victoria Justice. She's on some Disney show. There's the actress Azura Skye who was on episode of Buffy season 7. She was the one who dies from a disease, and Buffy couldn't save her.

License plates: Here are some more license plates I found: T BAG, TRAINUT, MY9, 4MYEMMA, HANFORD.

Tea Fusion: There's this new restaurant that opened in City Centre mall. It's called Tea Fusion and sells bubble tea. I was there a couple of weeks ago, and only did a little shopping by going itno Costa Blanca and Urban Behaviour.

No comments: