Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas in Wonderland/ actors/ 20/20 inspiration

Dec. 25 Christmas in Wonderland: I saw 5 min of this movie the other day. This was shot in West Ed mall. I saw a scene where a 12 yr old boy tells his kid sister not to run off by herself at the mall. Two bad guys who are going to use counterfeit cash to buy things, and get real money back in change. This came out in 2007.

They made a direct shout out to Edmonton, and the mall. I was very distracted because I was looking more at the mall, than the movie. The dialogue wasn't that good anyway. On imdb.com 541 people voted and gave it 4.8/10. It's about a dad and his three kids who move to Edmonton. They inadvertently catch the crooks.

Human Target: There was a Christmas ep. The team has to protect a family. All the houses were so nicely decorated. It was good with the audience thinking it's the dad who's being targeted for being a whistle blower at his company. Then you think it's the mom who wrote a blog gossiping about people.

It's really the teen son. He got a free online game for a month that ruined his computer. He then hacks into the company's files and deletes them to get revenge. On the TV show Dollhouse, there's a line: "You can't always predict or control the consequences." Who would have predicted that the computer company then tries to kill the teen hacker and get his computer?

Fortunately the team was able to defend the family. I also liked the teen's t-shirt that had an Escape computer key button on his shirt.

Bonne Bell: I was looking at this perfume bottle, and then it triggered a memory of Bonne Bell's "Emotion" perfume. They had scents like Flirty, Frantic, and Hyper. It was way back in the late 90s and early 2000s. I went on the internet and it has discontinued, but you can look for it and buy it on certain sites if you really want it.

Dec. 26 Job: On Dec. 23 I was sick. I rested and took some medicine so I could work during the holidays. On Dec. 24 I worked for 3 hrs because they didn't need me to stay longer. On Dec. 25, I only worked the day shift. I was supposed to work the night shift too, but they didn't need me. Today I worked 7.5 hrs. It's been a few months before I worked a full day.

It's Boxing day, but I only did 10 min of shopping at a book store looking for a day planner.

Dec. 27 Family: Today I went out to lunch with my family. We hardly ever do that so that was nice.

Greek myth: I was reading this in The Globe and Mail a few months ago. There's a Greek myth about a guy who asked when he will die. On the day he's supposed to die, he's alive. He starts laughing so hard, he dies from laughter. I thought that was interesting.

Saturday Night Live: There's a new actor on the show Taran Killam. I remember in 2001 he was on for some MADtv episodes. He was on The Amanda Show, another sketch comedy show with Amanda Bynes. Paul Britain is also on SNL. I've never seen him before, but he's cute.

In the season premiere, they had old SNL actress Amy Poehler come on. That was an excuse to throw in all the old cast members like Maya Rudolph, Jimmy Fallon, and Tina Fey. They had Justin Timberlake kiss AP for a moment in a dream sequence.

They had the real govenor Dave Paterson come on Weekend Update.

Comic Shop News: Have you ever heard of this newspaper about comic books? I haven't until I picked up an issue on the bus. I'm not into comic books, but I do like to read newspapers. The writing and graphics was average.

W5: I saw an episode of this Canadian news magazine show where 64 people, mostly Canadian students were on the sinking boat Concordia. They go to school on the boat, and learn about how to sail a ship. I don't know about you, but that doesn't that remind you of that old 90's teen sitcom called Breaker High?

It starred Ryan Gosling before he got big. It was mainly teens going to school on a boat, but not learning how to sail.

Actors: Do you remember the actor Devon Sawa? He used to be really popular in the 90s and he was in movies like Casper, Wild America, and Final Destination. He was in Eminem's music video "Stan." He was on a couple episodes of Nikita.

I didn't even recognize him when he first came on. He played a guy who stopped a bank robbery. It's not until I saw his name, I realized who it was. I haven't seen this guy in years. He's Canadian. In the episode, they mentioned Montreal.

Bianca Lawson was also on. She played Kendra the vampire slayer on Buffy. She has done other shows like Pretty Little Liars. I was just Buffy season 3 episode "Enemies" today with my sister. I haven't seen that episode since 2001 when Space started airing it.

20/20 inspiration: I was watching 20/20, and they did an episode about people with amazing talents.

Daniel Tammit: I saw this 31 yr old man named Daniel Tammit. He has the most amazing memory. He looked at Pi once and remembers 22,000 numbers in a row. Scientists tested him and he proved it. He has Asperger's syndrome which is a high functioning form of autism. He has synthesis and he sees numbers like shapes.

He sees a 4 like a blue jagged shape, a 9 like a red tall figure. He was teased a lot in school. He can't drive. He did learn how to speak an Icelandic language in a week.

Rohan Murphy: They then did a piece on this African- American guy Rohan Murphy. He has no legs, because they were amputated when he was four. He had a birth defect. Then in middle school, his gym teacher made him the team manager. Rohan was good at wrestling. He then goes into college wrestling.

He then did a Nike commercial where it shows him working out. Now he's a motivational speaker.

Hannah Frazer: She is like a mermaid. She's human with this fake fish tail and she swims with it. She takes one breath and holds it for 23 min. under water. She performs in movies and aquariums. She also protects dolphins.

It's really beautiful to watch her swim in the water. It's surreal.

No comments: