Tuesday, November 16, 2010

rant/ Caron Oderbien/ sad news

Nov. 13 Rant: I was thinking about this time back in gr.9. It was triggered by how Leslie complained to me about Dr. Tranter playing favorites. In class, the vice principal Mr. Zuckerman was lecturing the class about when to go to our lockers. I wasn't really listening because I follow the rules so the lecture doesn't apply to me.

Mr. Z: Not naming names- Jantony- oh, whoops, sorry.

Nick who sat behind me said: "What a jackass." I thought Mr. Z was trying hard to be cool and clever, but that was mean to single out someone. Is there anyone here who thinks that Mr. Z wasn't a jerk for deliberately naming names? He was consciously singling out someone. He said it in front of the entire class, so there were 30 witnesses. It was a very blatant and obvious example than Dr. T giving Leslie a flag with a wrinkle in it. Jantony could totally go to the principal and complain.

Principal: And you want me to do what exactly?
J: I want a sincere apology from Mr. Z.

Food reviews:

Chips: I tried out that Doritos new flavor called Cheeseburger. It really does taste like a cheeseburger. I was kind of surprised. You should try it. I had tried Miss Vicky's Original Recipe. It tastes alright. I did try their Balsamic Vinegar and Sweet Onion. It was good.

Coldstone Creamery: My dad bought an ice cream cake from Coldstone Creamery because it was on sale. It had Oreos on top. There was ice cream, and cake mix in it. It tastes good. I guess I prefer Dairy Queen cakes because it's vanilla, and chocolate ice cream with Oreo bits in it.

KFC chicken bowl: I tried this earlier this year. It's $5.24 for a bowl of corn, chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and cheese. It tastes alright.

Caron Oderbien: I was watching W5 and they talked about this scam artist Caron Oderbien who was scamming people out of money for her "charities" like having a horse farm and teaching autistic kids to ride horses. She takes the money and keeps it for herself.

She also gets into relationships with men and scam them out of hundreds of thousands of dollars. W5 crew starts investigating and they caught her in her car while in the Tim Horton's drive through. The report David Malerek was asking: "What about the money you scammed back in Edmonton?" She scrolls up her window.

Me (to David): Knock on the window!
D didn't knock on the window. She ended up driving away and didn't order a coffee.

Ha ha! It's a good thing W5 dragged her name through dirt on national TV. Throw in the little thing of her not getting her coffee is a good thing.

Nov. 14 Cinemavault: I was pitching my script and I found this production company that produces feature films. Here's a trailer to the movie Clash. It's an Asian movie. This young woman has to complete one last mission so they won't hurt her daughter. She and 4 other guys are doing the mission, and one of them is a double agent. The action scenes look good.

http://www.cinemavault.com/#

Cliche: My nitpick is that the premise is unoriginal. Sheesh, one of my scripts I'm working on sounds similar to this. A lot of movies are about a character doing something so the bad guy won't hurt someone close to them. Except I will give points to the movie Red. It's about all these old spy agents who retired. Then they get bored in retirement and go back to being a spy.


Clash is very similar to my script.

1. Both leads are a woman and they have to do something for a bad guy to protect a family member.
2. The lead works with a group of guys.
3. The lead falls in love with one of the guys.
4. One of the guys is a double agent.

Uffie: I saw her music video before, but forgot about it. I went on Youtube to listen to Pharreal and he did a song with her called "ADD SUV." She's being compared to Kesha because they sound alike with their dance music. I like both artists.

Weekend: It was cold and rainy all weekend, so I stayed in and pitched my script to production companies. I did have a little fun by watching new episodes of TV shows I like.

I also listened to new music by Pharrel and Mya. I then talked to my friend Dan L. who I went to jr. high and high school with. I told him about Clash and he told me about his idea already being made into a straight-to-video movie. He thought of a guy who falls in love with someone who turns out doesn't exist. Kind of reminds me of The Sixth Sense with the Bruce Willis plot twist.

Productive: I pitched my script to 40 companies yesterday and 51 companies today. I feel very accomplished.

Nov. 15 Sad news: I got a call and my other grandpa from my mom's side has passed away. My grandpa from my dad's side has passed away earlier in Aug. On Sept. we went to his funeral. I was kind of worked up last night because I got the news at 9pm and couldn't really sleep. So I listened to some Robin Thicke.

I wasn't really close to either of them, but it's still sad. Yeah, well at least they lived long lives and I can say they were happy. It's cold comfort, but you know and the grandpas know they have little time left. What I don't like are those sudden deaths that come out of nowhere so you can't really prepare for it.

It's kind of like that girl Sarah who died in a car accident when I was in gr. 12. That came out of nowhere. She was like 17. The cold comfort for her is that she spent her last night with her friends.

Money: My problems don't seem so big. Here's a mild rant. I worked at my office job for two weeks and I still haven't got paid yet. I should by Nov.24. I reactivated my EI on Nov. 5 and I still haven't got my money yet. Yeah, well at least I got a new job.

Nov. 15 Guest article: This guy Matt Phillips emailed me on my blog saying he wanted to write an article about pregnancy and birth control. I read the article and thought it was well -written with the vocabulary and grammar. I disagreed with his article because it sounded the only reason to have sex is to have kids and not because it's a fun thing to do. Well that's the vibe I'm getting. I have attached the article and will put it up on my blog.

He takes the time to read my blog, I'm going to put his article up.

No comments: