Sunday, November 21, 2010

guest article/ job/ missionaries

Nov. 18 Guest article: Matt Phillips wrote a guest article for my blog about birth control. Well here's my email to him, and he hasn't replied yet. But here's more of my extensive comments about it:

Hey Matt

Well first I would like to say that it was very well-written with the grammar and vocabulary. You're saying something bad about birth control pills, but you don't talk about how women can use depro-provera or other forms of birth control that aren't oral.

I feel like you're dissing people who don't want to have kids and calling them selfish. There are lots of people who don't want to have kids, and use that money to donate to charity that helps others.

You say: Worse still, unmarried, young couples have also seized these forms of birth control to recklessly satisfy their desires.

Yeah, well I would rather have people who don't or aren't ready to have kids to use birth control. You sound like having sex and enjoying sex is a bad thing.

I would be hard pressed to find someone who waited until they were married to have sex. I think you would like to watch 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom. You should go on televisionwithoutpity.com and read people's comments about these shows and teen pregnancy.

One more thing, can you tell me a little more about yourself? Like your education, upbringing, and what you do for fun. I want to see where you're coming from.

I think I could put this up on my blog, but I would have to put up my above comments right underneath it.

Productive: Today I didn't have to go to work so I pitched my script.

Money: I called the office job asking about how it's been 3 weeks, and I still haven't gotten paid. I got direct deposit. The manager said he got my paycheck at the office a few days ago, and he'll mail it to me. He also said he sent the Record of Employment to my Service Canada, and then it will help reactivate my EI claim.

Job: I'm still feeling a little sick, but better than yesterday. I called my HR and asked to start at 9am tomorrow instead of 8am. It's a lot easier if I get there at 9am. She was accommodating. At first I thought, you should do what they ask, but they can be helpful. Months ago I was to start at 7am at this restaurant. When I got there I asked if I can come in at 10am instead and they were cool with it. A couple of weeks later I was dismissed and it's not because I wanted to start later. It's because I wasn't good at it.

Nov. 19 Sick: Yesterday my sister offered me a slice of leftover pizza and I took it. She asked if my appetite was back. A little, I did eat some crackers and chips today. I drank water. I took all the Ibuprofen. Mainly my stomach hurts so I'm taking Tums.

Busy: I went to my new job today. I was feeling sick in the morning, but I forced myself to go. If I'm really sick, I can always leave early. I'm not really desperate for cash, but I don't want to miss out on making money. I missed out a lot already by being unemployed for months.

I worked from 9am-2pm bussing tables. It was alright. There were certain ways of setting the table, learning where to put the dishes, etc. I was walking around the restaurant. I was told the weekends are really busy, so I'll prepare myself for that.

Smart: I feel smart that I figured out how to create my own Service Canada account. I then see that my office job did send the Record of Employment to them, and they are processing my EI claim right now.

Celeb news: A few weeks ago, I thought it was funny when Eva Longoria Parker's character Gabby on Desperate Housewives said: "It's so hard being married to a pro athlete." It's funny because ELP is married to a pro athlete in real life. Now it's not so funny because she filed for divorce. Over in 3 yrs. Unless they reconcile.

Nov. 20 Food: Yesterday I had one meal which is a small plate with a samosa, mashed potatoes, a piece of chicken, and some hash browns. It tasted good. After wards I was sick. It's not the food's fault. When I ate a little to eat on Thursday, I wasn't sick. I had a few crackers, chips, and one slice of pizza.

Today at lunch I moderated by eating some hash browns and Egg Benedict which I never had. I had a few cookies in the morning. Drank a lot of water, lemonade, a cup and half of coffee. When I got to the mall, these two guys from McDonald's was giving free coffee away, so I had to take one because it's free. lol. And I could use a little coffee.

Nov. 21 Missionaries: Yesterday I was waiting for the bus, and this guy came up to me wanting to give pamphlets on religion and stuff like how to quit smoking and deal with stress. I didn't take any of those. One time I did back in 2004. It was in the winter, and I didn't exactly see what I took because it was so dark.

It also reminds me of the time in 2004-2005 when I was at NAIT. 20 of my classmates in the hallway eating lunch and talking about missionaries.

Jessica: And they keep getting me at the bus stop!
All of 20 classmates (unison): Oh yeah.

lol. That means that has happened to all of us. They know we can't walk away from them because we're waiting for the bus.

No comments: