Thursday, November 11, 2010

funny performance/ dark jokes/ crazy news

Nov. 8 Funny performance: I saw this performance where Madonna and Britney Spears was singing Madonna's "Human Nature."

Madonna: I'm not your bitch.
Then M points to B.
M: She's not your bitch.
B: It's Britney bitch (from her song "Gimme More.")

B laughed and so did I. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT9o4FjXNls

Dark jokes: I was thinking about how TV shows like MADtv, Tosh. O and South Park seem to shock and offend the audience and disguise it as humor.

For example, South Park made fun of Unplanned Parenthood three times. Cartman's mom goes there saying she wants an abortion, but she really meant adoption.

Then another time this woman is going to have an abortion. She's talking to the doctor and there's this laugh track.

Woman: Can you turn off the TV?
Dr.: Yes.
Cut to outside the door and there's this loud machine sound.
This guy is pushing a vacuum cleaner.

Me: You guys are really pushing it.

Another episode had Cartman drink Kenny's ashes. Then he needs the ashes out of him so he goes to Unplanned Parenthood.

Cartman: C'mon, get these ashes vacuumed out of me.

Does anyone find this funny? At least the writers know when they're being too dark. There was an episode where Cartman got AIDS and gave it to Kyle. Everywhere they go when someone asks them: "Are you sure?"

Cartman: We're positive. HIV positive.
Kyle (angrily): AIDS is nothing to laugh about it.

Though this show can be light. The kids become "Lil Crime Stoppers" like CSI. They were going to watch a TV show called Crime Drama.

Crazy trigger: I was reading the Globe and Mail with an interview with the author of Diary of Wimpy Kid. I have never read the books, but they're good enough to make a movie. The author was talking about if he wants to age the characters like Harry Potter or make them never age like the Peanuts gang. He said he can't exactly tell the press his decision until the book come out.

Then it reminded me of the TV show The Young and the Restless. It was years ago and someone on twop.com was dissing Scott who wrote a book. S was talking to a PI and said: "Well it looks like you have to read the book."

Twop: "Scott, this is a guy investigating a case, not some press interviewing you."

Then I thought: "Hey, that guy who play Scott! Isn't he Oscar on 90210?"

I looked it up, and I was right. Interesting how one interview with an author, can lead to an old episode of a soap opera, to an actor on a teen show. lol.

Job interview: I went to an interview at classy jewelry store today. It pays $11/hr and 2% commission. I then called the Flight Centre, a travel agency. They said there's a base salary with commission.

Nov. 9 News: I found this article that the FBI rescued 69 child prostitutes and 99 pimps held. The children are in protective custody or going back to their families.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40084045/from/RSS/?gt1=43001

Feelings: I feel angry at my job search. However, I must keep things in perspective. Like look at the above. Someone always has it worse than you do.

Saving money: I can focus on doing things that make me happy like saving money. Today I finished using up this old cherry chap stick that I found in bathroom months ago. I don't have to buy another chap stick because my mom gave me one. I also saved $1.46 by buying hot chocolate mix and marshmallows separately instead of buying 1 can of chocolate mix with marshmallows in it already. I had ate a 1 month expired jar of Nutella. I didn't get sick at all.

Fun: A couple of weeks ago I saw Oprah and Gayle go to this camping trip at Yosemite. This African- American Shelton says few African- Americans go camping. When S met Oprah, he was calm. O and G meet this black man Woody and his wife Judy. I thought it was kind of funny that Woody and Judy Square's name rhymed.

O invited them to her show, and gave the couple the red Chevy car and trailer that she and G had used for camping.

Rhyming names: That reminds me of the singer Mandy Moore with her then tennis player boyfriend Andy Roddick. Mandy and Andy. There was an episode of 16 and Pregnant and the couple's names are Lori and Cory.

Crazy news: I saw this on Yahoo news that occurred in Vancouver. There's this guy who's trying to pass a fake $50 bill and the woman clerk calls the police and refuses to give him back the money. He gets angry and gets behind the counter and starts wresting with her to get the money back. I was getting angry watching it.

Then this guy in a wheelchair gets behind the counter, and pulls the guy off. Then the other customers started coming in. The police did come. However, he won't be charged because there wasn't exactly any proof he knew that it was a fake $50 bill and the assault was minor.

Though if he was innocent, he could have said: "Sure, call the police. I have nothing to hide." If he was guilty, then he should have just ran out and left because it's not even real money anyway.

The report when on about how Larry Skopnik says: "Doesn't mean that I'm in a wheelchair, means that I can't help defend someone." The woman clerk Cindy Grewal thanked him. It's not likely that the guy with the fake bill is coming back. The guy's face was blurred out. Though I will say this to him: "You hitting a woman? Shame, shame on you. Also you getting beaten up by a guy in a wheel chair? That must be a blow to the ego."

Funny video: My friend Jessica sent me this video because it was entirely shot on a cell phone camera. She thought it was cute. The first thing that came to my mind is: "Hey isn't that guy from Slumdog Millionare?" Yes, Dev Patel. On the bus ad in the short film, it showed Pamela Anderson and Ed Westwick (Chuck from Gossip Girl).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9ME5_ZzeKI

1 comment:

Andrea C said...

You really have a lot of things to say in your post. Though some are not relevant to the other things you mentioned, I really don't have a say. But I applaud your dedication for writing and sharing all these news to us. Thanks. Click to read more