Wednesday, October 13, 2010

dating joke/ priorities/ Wayne Gretzy's son

Oct. 10 Dating joke: I was reading the 16 and Pregnant thread on twop.com and someone said this: "Then, they will say things like he wasn't like this in the beginning. You don't meet the real person when you start dating. You meet their representative. I know that like a stand up routine joke, but it's the truth."

Then someone said this: "It's cracking me up that Chris Rock is the 16NP Relationship/Common Sense Guru."

Radio sketch: I was listening to the radio, and it may be CBC. There was this sketch with a 12 yr old boy talking to two gang members. This is how a drug deal chain of command works. The boy gets paid $8/hr. The dealers get paid $20/hr. A "rock" is $15/hr. It's a pyramid scheme. The boy would go to a juvenile facility. It's like "college", but without the diploma. I never thought of it that way.

Google joke: I was watching Jay Leno and he said this: "Google is competing with Facebook by creating a social network site so you never have to see your friends again." lol.

Cute: My little brother was watching National Geographic and it was about the intelligence of apes. It was so cute when this ape was trying to pull this box. When he couldn't, he took the researcher's hand and lead him to the box, pretty much asking him to help pull the box. Aww...

Survey: I bought something at Shoppers Drug Mart yesterday, and I noticed that you can win 1 of 50 prizes of $1000 in gift cards. So I went online and filled it out. Due to these economic times, I'll take a chance by spending a few min. doing a survey. I did one earlier this yr when I bought something at Chapters.

Psychology: I was on 16 and Pregnant thread on twop.com, and they were discussing the psychology of why girls go for jerks. One said this:

"I have a theory about this based on Lauren Conrad back before The Hills got ridiculously fake. I wondered why this girl who should have all the self esteem in the world - pretty, wealthy, loving family - would constantly date losers and seem to enjoy men who acted ambivalent to her. The only thing I could come up with was, after a life of being adored and lauded by everyone around you, someone's indifference is probably really exciting. It flies in the face of the secure attachment theory, which is what a girl under those circumstances should have, but perhaps stupidity/lower intelligence is the intervening factor."

GE: I was going through papers on my desk and I found this big GE brochure I got back in spring 2008. It's a really good company to work for because all these magazines like Financial Times and BusinessWeek gave it rewards. There used to be a call centre, but they closed it down.There are dental and medical benefits. I looked into it, and they're looking for technicians and accountants so basically positions I don't qualify for.

Oct. 11 Bonnie Doon: Today I went to Bonnie Doon mall. There's a new store called Si Accents which is like Oriental Home that used to be in City Centre. Si Accents sells some nice Asian jewelery, clothes, and fans. The Tim Horton's opened there too. There's a new store called Juice Clothing that sells urban men and women's clothing. Stiches became Bluesnotes'.

My mom made me throw away a $3 back pack that she bought because it was tearing. It lasted a year. Backpacks and headphones, even though taken care of, I do have to replace them every few years due to constant use.

Clean: I've been cleaning my desk in my room bit by bit. Today my grandma told my brother to clean the computer desk. Then my dad saw how clean it was, and told me to clean my computer desk. Then my sister saw the clean computer desk, and told me to do the same thing too. She would have never have told me to do it, if my brother didn't clean his. My sister kind of annoyed me.

It's good because I organized my papers and found some stuff.

Oct. 12 Priorities: I was thinking about how my #1 priorities was always: "Graduate out of high school." Then turned to "Get into college" to "Graduate out of college." Then when I graduated out of college and got a regular job in 2008, my priorities was this:

1. Get an office job.
2. Pitch my TV movie script.

It was like that in Apr.-Sept. Then a production company told me I needed to get 90 pages for my script, so it turned to writing my script as my #1 priority. The script continued to be the highest priority in 2009.

Then in 2010, when I got laid off, my #1 priority turned to "Get a job." Everything else isn't as important as getting a job.

Email: Today I emailed the producer John about Fighter. Hi John

I put your notes (that you sent me in July) into use and I have rewritten a lot. I've also been putting more thought into the rescue scene. I was talking to my friend Dan who also took Professional Writing with me in college. He said: "Have you thought of triangulating the cell phone call?"

That's right! I've seen this on CSI: NY and Law and Order Special Victims Unit. Then there's the conflict of how they found the area of where the cell phone call was made, but it's in this 100 mile radius so it's still hard to pin point the location. I'll write you next month.

Wayne Gretzy's son: I was on Yahoo news and it said Wayne Gretzy's son Trevor is choosing to play baseball over hockey. I clicked on the link and saw the father and son together. As soon as I saw them together, I laughed. Trevor looks just like him!Trevor is pretty cute, I like his glasses. I don't really know much about WG, but then I looked him up now. He has five kids named Tristan, Trevor, Ty, Paulina and Emma.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Why-Wayne-Gretzky-s-son-chose-baseball-over-hock?urn=nhl-276635

No comments: