Monday, October 4, 2010

coincidence/ crazy news/ good writing

Oct. 1 Coincidence: When I was in Calgary I was watching this Malcolm in the Middle rerun that reminded me of my family. I was thinking about about my family and do I have to worry about my siblings? This ep aired way back in 2001, but I really liked the funny ending.

Reese is in danger of failing, and then Malcolm ends up helping him cheat, when really it's the teacher who has something against Reese. The ending is the parents Lois, Hal, Teacher, Reese and Malcolm in the kitchen.

Lois: You failed Reese on purpose. You helped your brother cheat? I'm taking you (Teacher) to the principal.
Teacher: Hey, you know what? Let's forget all about this. Reese stays in his class and I won't report Malcolm for cheating.
Lois: I'm still taking you to principal.
Teacher: Oh what? You're going to get Malcolm expelled to save Reese? No one is going to sacrifice the son that's going to achieve over a son who isn't.

Lois: Oh I would. Malcolm may have to go jr. college, but he will eventually work his way up to management. He's going to be fine no matter what. I sell Malcolm down the river for Reese. Reese is the one who needs saving.
Teacher: No mother would that callous to their own son.
The son Francis starts banging on the window.
Francis: Mom, let me in! I'm cold and hungry. I'll fix your roof, I'll do whatever you want! Just let me in!
Teacher looks at Lois.
Teacher: Maybe we can reach a deal.

Teacher ends up fixing the roof with the sons, Reese stays in his class, and Malcolm doesn't get expelled.

Family: I don't have to worry about my older sister, because she'll do fine no matter what. I don't worry about my little brother because he has a degree. I don't know if he's looking really hard for an office job or saving money at all though. The point is, I need to worry about myself. I already do. I've been looking really hard for a regular job and an office job at the same time. I've been saving money and keeping track of how much money I have in my bank account. EI and from my jobs.

My sister is Malcolm and I'm Reese. lol.

Job interviews: Yesterday I went to a job interview at a clothing store. There are 5 applicants for 1 position. I think it went well, but I don't think I got the job. Today I went to an interview at a furniture store. There are a number of applicants for 2 positions. A good thing is that two people didn't show up for their interviews today.

This guy was being interviewed for another position, but he didn't know much about the company. The interviewer told me about him, and he's impressed that I did my research about the company. I also bumped into two workers from my last job at the bus stop. We were on two separate buses, and they saw me from the windows of the other bus. I didn't recognize them because one was wearing sunglasses and a hat, and the other didn't wear her visor like she usually did at work.

Oct. 2 Joke: I was reading the National Post letter about how Canadians are in debt: "How come people in China who make a fraction of what middle class Canadians do, they manage to save 25% of their income?"

Me: Because Chinese people are cheap.

lol. You may say: "That's racist." Well I'm Chinese so I can say it. It's a good thing that people in China aren't in debt.

Crazy news: I was watching CNN and they talked about how they caught this company that's supposed to help poor people get homes. Instead they let a pimp and a hooker get a home to open a brothel. I found this article:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/item_Js4YPEcsCcxLZhAEehLhmL/1

Oct. 3: CNN then showed that The Daily show with Jon Stewart and South Park talked about it too. I have seen the SP ep where Butters inadvertently becomes a pimp.

Date: I was supposed to meet this guy I found over the internet today. Last week I called him and he said he couldn't make it. Then we agreed to meet today and he didn't show up. I waited 15min for him and I called him before we met and after he was a no show.

I'm not really mad or anything. If he doesn't contact me again, that's fine.

Kyle Riabko: I was going to quit watching 90210, but yesterday I had free time. It's a good thing I tuned in because one of my favorite singers Kyle Riabko was on. I forgot he was on.

Good writing: Rob Thomas created Veronica Mars and that's a really good show. Now he remade 90210 and it's disappointing because it's not that good. Last episode had a few bits of good writing in it.

I like Naomi's rape storyline because the actress Annalyne McCord did a PSA about it. It's also about a real problem and issue instead of rich teenagers doing fun and sexy things. There's substance instead of style.

Naomi tells her friend Silver that she was raped by the teacher Mr. Cannon, but Silver doesn't believe her. Earlier, Naomi cried wolf and falsely accused Mr. Cannon of sexually harassing when he didn't. Naomi then says a line into this videotape for a school graduation project. Silver then believes Naomi when S saw Mr. Cannon's video. Mr. C said a line in the video, and N actually quoted from it. Mr. C said he didn't show the video to anyone. That's a good way for a character to figure out something about another character.

There was also a little bit of a surprise in the episode. Annie gets an internship and she thinks her female boss is hitting on her. Then the female boss's husband seems to be hitting on Annie. Annie and I thought they were swingers. lol. Then it turns out, the couple wants to have a baby, and wants to buy Annie's eggs because they can't conceive a child on their own. I didn't expect that at all.

Charity: I read that last weekend Lindsay Lohan volunteered at a homeless shelter. Good for her and the homeless people.

I saw on Oprah, they did a "Where are they now?" 15 years ago, this white couple adopted twin East Indian baby twins. Oprah pretended to talk the wife's brother in India over a satellite phone. Instead, he was actually in the studio, and he brings the babies to the couple. Awww... That actually inspired their family to adopt four African kids and one Korean kid

1 comment:

Anna said...

Check out Kyle's new film 'Rising Stars' coming to GrandRapids, Tulsa & Nashville on Friday!! http://bit.ly/StaRZ