Thursday, September 23, 2010

Waiting for Superman/ Facebook quiz/ Hawaii 5.0

Sept. 20 Waiting for Superman: I read about this documentary in the newspaper, and then they interviewed the people behind it on Oprah. It's about the education system in America. Have you ever heard of "the lemon dance"? It's what you call a bad teacher. The bad teachers are danced around to other schools where you trade one bad teacher with another one.

At least the episode ended on a good note. There's the Oprah Angel Network which is where the viewers donate money to her charity. Oprah then gave six schools a $1 million each.

Sept. 21 Rant: Yesterday I was dismissed from my job because I wasn't good at it. I wasn't really surprised because my hiring manager called me the day before to meet her. My manager didn't return my messages to give my schedule. I returned my uniform and got my $35 deposit back.

I was angry and used my energy to clean my house. I swept and vacuumed the basement, took out the trash, did some recycling, and washed the dinner dishes. I then went on the internet and continued my job search. It's not until hrs later did I remember that I should call up my friend Mitch to see if they're still hiring at his place.

Family: I told my little brother I was dismissed because I know he doesn't judge me. I didn't tell my sister because she doesn't care. I was reluctant to tell my dad, but I told him. Then he told my mom and grandma, and today they lectured me about it.

Job call: Today this call centre called me, but they were way over in the west end so I asked if there are other locations. He said there were 2 others, but they weren't hiring. I told him to call me when the other locations are hiring. We left on good terms.

Joke: I was watching a Degrassi rerun. Eli and Fitz are enemies. Eli is going out with Claire. Claire wants these two to stop fighting. Fitz says he'll stop fighting Eli when Claire goes out with him to the dance. Cut to later E confronts F.

E: If you hurt her-
F: You'll what?
Pause.
F: Yeah, that's what I thought. And when I have sex with her, I'll be gentle.
F's friends laugh.

I thought it was kind of funny. Then I realized: "Wait, I'm a 25 yr old woman and I still laugh at sex jokes like I'm in high school." lol.

Facebook quiz: My friend Zoe had this quiz result on her wall, and I decided to take it just for fun. The questions were fun like: "You got $1000 unexpectedly. What do you spend it on?"I said I don't. I put it in my savings. I was feeling kind of down about myself, but this quiz cheered me up when it said this:

My Result: 1930's
What Decade Fits Your Personality Best?
You are strong and determined and have what it takes to get through life's storms. You are very helpful to those around you-- be it your friends, your family, or even a neighbor in need. You are a great leader and strong-willed person, and take challenges as a way to be...tter yourself...But you also have a deep sense of warmth and nurturing for those you care about. You are well-rounded and tough because you have to be. You aren't a "diva" but rather a humble person with admirable character. With more hard-working, quality like you, this world would be a much better place. By being able to turn a little into a lot, you know how to make life enjoyable even if it's just through the little things.

Sept. 22 Recognition: I went to a job interview today at a hair salon, and the interviewer recognized me from the Soup place. A few months ago I passed my resume to Sbarro and the guy there recognized me.

Job interviews: Yesterday I had an interview at a restaurant. There are 15-20 people up for 2 or 3 positions. Today there are 10-15 people for 1 position. I think I did fine, but the odds are stacked against me.

Tosh.O: I was watching this show and there was a video clip of a white guy and a Latino guy fighting. The white guy wins.

Cut to the white audience members cheering.
Camera pan to the "other" audience members with their arms crossed.
Daniel Tosh: But the white guy got stabbed.
Cut to the "other" audience members cheering.
Camera pan to the white audience with their arms crossed.
lol.

Sept. 23 Hawaii 5.0: This is a remake of the original TV show that came out in the 60s. This new one stars Alex O'Loughlin as Steve McGarret. You may have seen him in the Jennifer Lopez movie The Back Up Plan. This time he plays a cop and he must avenge his father's death in the first episode. He meets Scott Caan's character Danny Williams who is a divorced dad to a little girl. These two don't get along, and that's what makes it fun.

Daniel Dae Kim plays Chin Ho Kelly who was kicked off the force because he was suspected of taking bribes. You may have seen this actor on the TV show Lost. I first saw him as one of the bad lawyers on Angel. I then got a flashback of seeing him in the forgettable movie The Cave. It got bad reviews. It wasn't really scary and the writing wasn't good. Watch this movie on TV, because you shouldn't bother renting it.

Last is Grace Park who plays Kona Kalakaua, who is Chin's cousin and fresh out of police academy. She is best known for Battlestar Galatica, but I saw her on Edgemont way back in 2000.The episode was about human trafficking of Chinese immigrants. There was fun car chases, gun shooting, and fight scenes. James Marsters (Spike from Buffy) played a bad guy in the pilot.

It also talked about finding people through triangulating a cell phone call. That's a shout out to my script.

License plates: I saw these on license plates: "MY JWEL" and "THE BEE."

6 comments:

JesseHanson said...

Brilliant news,: ) Wonderful to see your creations in such a fab place - visit this site right here congratulations you deserve this : )

JesseHanson said...

hi, I am really impressed by this post of yours and I am considering doing try this something similar for my own self. So thank you for posting and sharing this idea with us.

JesseHanson said...

What a great idea ! Such a simple thing, https://www.paraphrasingtool.org/4-ways-to-find-the-most-reliable-resume-rewrite-service/ but I can see this working so much better for me than a whole list of things. Thank you

Claire Bell said...

I could not understand this connection.I actually visited this page for first time as I am on visit website vacations and I was getting bore.Thanks for sharing this.

Shuaib Ahmed said...

It was very organized formal and interesting letter.I seriously got many http://www.sentencecorrectiononline.com/choosing-the-right-sentence-helper/ tips from this content.It also added in my knowledge.Thanks for this post.

HuyenPham said...

The latest online showbox movies of the movie show application are one of the successful products created by showboxvpn. create. You can download watching movies offline on Android devices and ios wherever you are.