Sunday, September 26, 2010

Undercovers/ Tangled/ date

Sept. 23 Undercovers: I saw the premiere of this show last night. It's from Alias, Mission Impossible 3 creator JJ Abrams. This show is like Mr. and Mrs. Smith, but with a African-American couple Steven and Samantha Bloom. It stars Boris Kodjoe and Gugu Mbatha- Raw as a spy couple who quit the CIA 5 yrs ago to create their catering company.

They are then recruited back into the CIA when they have to rescue the agent Leo Nash, played by Carter MacIntyre. He's kinda cute. I only recognized Mekia Cox as Samantha's little sister Lizzy. MC was on 90210 season 2.

I read a headline on Yahoo that this show was dull. I thought the show was average. It had JJ Abrams style all over it. Josh Reims also co-created this show. These two worked together before on Felicity. There was action, good dialogue, good story. I would have to pick that the best thing out of this show is Carter MacIntyre.

Dirty Jobs: There's this TV show on Discovery Channel called Dirty Jobs. My little brother watches it. Basically it's a guy going from place to place doing a dirty job, usually cleaning something.

I was watching Tyra Banks months ago, and she talked about people working in dirty jobs. One was a dog food taster. The woman tastes the food for texture and flavor, and spits out the food. She had to go to school for some months to do that job. Another one was a porta potty cleaner.

Tyra: Legal work is honorable work.

Villians: Spike from Buffy is a really great bad guy. He becomes good in the later seasons, but he still remains his bad boy edge and the complexity in his character. Spencer from The Hills is a jerk, that no one likes.

Genres: I was thinking that there are no firefighter dramas because then we would know it's always going to be arson. In cop dramas, it's always murder, but you want to know how it's done. On firefighter dramas, it's always fire.

The TV show The Listener was about a paramedic who's a telepath. They didn't have a medical drama worked into it. It was a supernatural show.

Pharrell: I was watching When I was 17, and the rapper Pharrell said he worked at 3 McDonald's and got fired from all of them. He talked about how he had to be there at 5am to work, and he loved the chicken mcnuggets.

Barristers and Solicitors: I was researching when I was going into an interview for a law firm.

Barristers- lawyers who represent litigants as their advocate speak in court.

Solicitors- preparatory work, reviewing legal documents.

Tangled: I saw this show called Tangled back in July and I took some notes. Then I went on imdb.com and it wasn't listed. I'm always watching TV and checking what's on, and this show never appeared again.

Now I looked it up, and then it shows up. It says it's a TV movie, but how could be if it's only 60min? It should be 90min or 120min. On imdb.com, it says: "A spy working for the North Atlantic Intelligence Agency attempts to change her life and rediscover her own humanity." It was average, but I thought it had really good potential to be a TV series. Good characters, production, writing, and fighting.

Anyway, let's start off that it stars Sarah Wayne Callies (Sarah from Prison Break). She knows how to fight on this new show. I also recognized Felicia from the same show (Barbara Eve Harris). This is so Canadian because they used Canadian currency in the movie.

SWC plays a character named Chloe who is an undercover agent. She marries a bad guy which reminded me of an episode of Dollhouse. I see in my notes that an Asian guy is an agent and it's played by Russell Yuen. It's good to see more Asians on TV. I recognized the Latino guy Conrad Pla from TV movies like False Pretenses and Lethal Obsession. He plays a bad guy here.

Comparisons: Here's another batch of comparisons:

Blind person molds people's faces into sculptures: I saw that on CSI: NY and the comedy The Sausage Factory.

Bad guy holding good guy's baby: I saw Sylar hold Matt Parkman's baby on Heroes, and I saw the bad guy hold Lindsay's and Danny's baby on CSI: NY.

Sidekick is a journalist to cover stories: I saw Chloe on Smallville, Will on Alias, and Beth on Moonlight. Then there are even smaller reoccurring roles like Mac Taylor's stepson Reed Garret on CSI: NY.

The Office: I'm always thinking about jobs. In the episode, Michael tells the intern to buy some ice cream.

Me: What flavors?

If I was asked to buy some at work, I would ask that. The assistant bought soy, one flavor, and not enough for the whole office.

Sept. 24 CSI: NY: I watched the beginning of an ep and realized there is finally an ep that starts without a murder scene. It's called "You only die once", the James Bond homage ep. Det. Flack is chasing a robber down in this unique black car.

Sept. 25 Date: Yesterday I met a guy through this online dating site. First I was 10 min. early and I saw my friend Dan N. as I was on my cell. Then we talked as he bought some cigarettes. He did help me calm my nerves a bit before my date arrived.

The date was okay. I got a friend vibe from him. I did email him today and gave him some tips about how to get more replies on the site. He said it's easier for girls to use this site. Not really, as I informed him about how this guy blatantly rejected me on the site by blocking me. lol.
Remember, the guy who asked me questions and my answers didn't match his?

I was supposed to meet another guy today, but I got a text message from him saying he can't come. Another time then.

Fat Burger: I went and tried out Fat Burger for the first time. The atmosphere was good and it looked like it was from the 1950s. The double jr. cheeseburger tasted good, though it was expensive, $6.29. You should go to the other fast food places like McDonald's because it's cheaper. If you pay $6 for a lunch, you get a burger, fries, and a drink from any other fast food place. At Fat Burger, it can be like $10-$15 for a meal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

plenty of fish?