Monday, September 6, 2010

trip/ cancer signs/ Aaron Ashmore

Sept. 2 Trip: Today I stopped procrastinating and went to this store called Comic King on Whyte Ave to sell a comic book. The guy said they're not buying anything right now. He told me to go Wizards. I did see a t-shirt that said "I heart Buffy" and the picture was a real heart with a stake through it. I walked a bit more through Whyte, and then went home.

New: Today I got a new haircut. I was the first one there when it opened and it costs $18. It's cheap because it's in Chinatown. I then went and returned the dvd Forever Strong to the library. Did you know there is no more 106 bus route? It's been replaced by 94. I didn't know that until today. It's a new month and I feel renewed. New job and new haircut. I have this new energy to look for a job and clean out clutter.

Cancer signs: I found this on Yahoo news. These are signs that you may have cancer.

- Coughing up blood.
- Rectal blood.
- Breast lump or mass.
- Difficulty swallowing.
- Post-menopausal bleeding.
- Abnormal prostate tests.
- Anemia.
- Blood in urine.

Dirty cops: I saw an episode of The Bridge a couple months ago about a dirty cop who works for a mob boss by killing people for him. It was a good episode and storyline. Now that I think about it, murder for hire isn't really creative. However, it's about a dirty cop who's doing it and I don't think I've seen that before.

On Johnny Zero, there are dirty cops who pick up guns from bad guys when they're arrested. Afterwards, the cops go and sell them back on the streets. Now it reminds me of a CSI: NY episode where a cop does that, but with drugs.

Rookie Blue: I'm going to say it. I find this show average. It does have a few good points here and there. There was an episode where a cyclist gets hit by a car driven by a senior. Then it turns out the senior murdered the cyclist because the cyclist was going to tell the cops that he molested him.

Sept. 3: Also when a kid got kidnapped on that show, the kid was reunited with her mom. I got a little teary- eyed watching that.

Names: More about names like Rena, Raina, Rayna.

News: Did you know that 1 in 4 strippers in the UK have a college degree and like their job? It's to pay for their college tuition and they get paid very well.

Good acting: There was this bit on Secret Life of the American Teenager where Ricky says one line with really good emotion.

Ricky: Are you pregnant?

Lie to Me: There was an episode where there were 2 bombs that went off in the show. It was about terrorists. It also had flashbacks of how the characters met. I like this show. It teaches me of what characters are saying, and what they're hiding. It teaches me about how to write dialogue.

Jason Dohring (Logan from Veronica Mars and a vampire on Moonlight) guest- starred on this show. He's the biggest guest- star, so you know he's the guy who did it. However, the episode was where Lightman knows that he's a sociopath and he's been kidnapping and murdering women. L has to prove that JD did it.

The episode was well- written and well- acted in catching a known serial killer. It's how the episode was executed that was important.

Sept. 5 Plot twists: I was watching CSI: NY awhile back, and it can be pretty unpredictable. Towards the end, it looks like the Killer is going to kill the Real Estate Agent. The cops come, and the Real Estate Agent is still alive. The Killer then gets into the cab.

It then sets up the Cabbie Killer storyline. He then kills the Killer. I have seen Criminal Minds where Alex O'Loughlin (The Back- Up Plan) plays the killer and kills the real estate agent in the beginning of the ep.

Aaron Ashmore: I was thinking about this actor and how he became successful. He has a twin brother named Shawn Ashmore (Iceman on X-Men). I'll say it, SA is the more successful actor, because he got successful first in 1998 when he did Animorphs and then in 2000 he did X-Men. SA also won the Best Breakout Male actor in the MTV Movie Awards.

SA said this in his acceptance speech: I want to thank my parents and my brother Aaron.

AA did become successful slowly. He did a few episodes of Veronica Mars in 2004/2005. Then he got a regular spot on Smallville. Now he's a reoccurring character on In Plain Sight.

Character jobs: I was thinking about the now canceled show Melrose Place. These are twenty-somethings and they all have careers. Working at a restaurant, publicity agency, doctor (no medical drama), camera guy trying to make it big, teacher turned model.

I wouldn't say this show inspires me like Oprah does, but it's kind of a example, a guide.

Article: I read this Fox News article about the TV show 16 and Pregnant. It talks about how this show seems to be encouraging abortions so teen girls don't have to go through with having the kid because it's so hard. No one on this show has an abortion, but with some girls when I watch this show, some should have gotten abortions. Or give the baby up for adoption.

Job search: I just got back home from another weekend in Calgary to attend my grandpa's funeral. I'll write about it later. I then went and looked through the 3 days of the Edmonton Journal's Classifieds and applied to 3 places.

Rant: Here's a mild rant. On Fri. I saw that I got a call on my cell, but I didn't know who it was. I was in Calgary and I didn't want to call back on my cell because there would be long distance charges.

I got home, and there was a message on my machine from the same person. My sister and my mom says that I should only put my cell number on my resume because my grandma doesn't speak English so she can't answer the phone. I said I put my cell and my home number so you can reach me on both numbers.

It doesn't matter anyway, because the message said she was in the office only on Mon.- Fri. and when I got the message, it wasn't office hours so I couldn't reach her.

No comments: