Tuesday, September 14, 2010

psychopaths/ The Pig Farm/ I got published

Sept. 11 Psychopaths: I found this magazine called Scientific American Mind and the cover article was about psychopaths. They don't have any regrets, low self-esteem, but they don't have any love for anything or anyone. It did say that if you give people with psychopathic tendencies treatment (one-on-one intensive therapy) in juvenile hall, they won't commit murders.

In the regular system (without therapy), they will commit murder within 4 yrs of release. I guess I've had this interest in psychology since I took it in gr.11 and we studied a little about psychopaths. I also watch a lot of Criminal Minds. Throw in Dexter too.

Fun: Today I went shopping. A few months ago I said I was sick of shopping and I stopped for a couple of months. Well today is a Sat. afternoon and since I haven't been shopping for a long time, there's all this new merchandise to look at. Press'd the Sandwich Company opened in City Centre mall. Fat Burger will be opening on Sept. 13. I saw both the restaurants, and they look really nice. I did email my resumes to both, but then I got hired at a grocery store, so I didn't do any interviews with either of those restaurants. I still got a job at another restaurant.

Create a world: I've been writing yesterday and today. On science fiction shows and books like Flash Gordon, Dark Angel, Buffy, Harry Potter, and Futurama, they all live in these supernatural worlds. A little based on reality, but with supernatural elements to it.

I'm even thinking of the book series The Baby- Sitter's Club. They're not sci-fi, but they live in the fictional small town of Stoneybrook. It's a world of it's own.

Comparisons: Here's one:

Sci-fi shows copying old books: I was watching Flash Gordon and they copied The Lottery by Shirley Jackson. I remembered that book in gr. 8 language arts class. It was about a community picking a piece of paper out of a hat, and whoever draws one with an X, has to be stoned to death. In Flash Gordon (2008) though, whoever draws a black stone, they have to leave the village because the village can only sustain a certain amount of people.

Dark Angel copied Mice and Men. I saw Dark Angel first, and then months later I saw the movie of Mice and Men for Eng. class in gr.11. On DA, Max has to kill her brother Ben because he turned into a serial killer. They go into an all out fight and Max breaks his leg. The Manticore bad guys are coming for them.

Ben: Don't leave me.
Max: Tell me about that happy place.
Ben tells her, and then she kills him.

In Mice and Men, the mentally handicapped brother accidentally killed a woman. His big brother tells him: "Imagine that farm that we planned to build together.) Then he shoots him.

The Pig Farm: This is a 2hr documentary about the serial killer Robert "Willie" Pickton who murdered 2 dozen prostitutes in Vancouver. It talked to "Stitch" this prostitute who was attacked by RP first. He stabbed her 4 times,and she stabbed him back. She managed to run and get a car to pull over. This couple stopped and drove her to the hospital because they saw that her left hand had a handcuff on her.

RP also drove himself to the hospital. A nurse found the key in his pocket that unlocked the handcuff. RP was charged with attempted murder, but Stitch was a prostitute so she didn't have any credibility and there was no trial. Later a woman Lisa who's RP's friend told her husband that she saw these women's clothes and IDs in RP's trailer. The husband called the cops, but when they asked Lisa, she denied it. She said she didn't like the police and didn't trust them, and that they will twist her words and will get at RP.

The police can only go onto your property if they have a warrant. They can get a warrant if they have probable cause. Lisa saying there was evidence, would be the probable cause. More women go missing, the director at a woman's shelter was onto it. This one detective was onto it. The families of the missing women reported to the police. This Asian guy pharmacist, he reported a woman missing because she missed her methadone treatments.

This one guy saw that he had these unregistered guns. That's a probable cause, they got a warrant and found all the evidence. This happened in 2002. The murders started in 1997. And maybe prior to that.

Sept. 12 Rant: Here's a mild rant. I went to see what's on the two CSI: NY episodes tonight, and they changed it to Criminal Minds. I've seen all the CM episodes. I have never seen all the CSI: NY eps. But I managed to calm myself down because I can always watch CSI: NY reruns on Fri. and Sun. nights on CTV.

Paula Deanda: I was listening to some Baby Bash on Youtube which lead me to the old artist Paula Deanda. She's this beautiful Mexican-American singer with the mellow song "Too Much" which I really like. Then she released this fun dance song "Easy" feat. Bow Wow. Check it out.

Charity: I sent this to all my friends, but I think you should still forward this to all your friends. It's free. Sign this petition:

http://www.amnesty.ca/iwriteforjustice/take_action.php?actionid=506

Blackout: There was a black out on my house from 6pm- 8:30pm. At least I caught the last 30min of the MTV Music Video Awards, and saw the season 4 premiere of Gossip Girl.

Sept. 13 I got published: I got a letter from the Poetry Institute of Canada. I submitted "TJ's Story" back in May, and they said they will publish my short story. It will go into the final part of the competition and I may even win the grand prize of $250.It will be in the anthology titled Lamplight Tales (National Library of Canada, Ottawa).

No comments: