Tuesday, September 21, 2010

old scripts/ commercial/ Post Secret

Sept. 17 Old scripts: I have writer's block so I'm going to write down all the old script ideas I had since I started writing in 1999. It goes like this, I write something and then I see a TV show or movie that then does the story idea. I then stop writing it. I could have stopped writing The Fighter as soon as I saw the Never Back Down trailer. However, I didn't because I had started pitching my script a few months ago.

Here are my script ideas that have been produced by other people.

1. Outlier- it was back in 1999, and it was about a family that solve supernatural stuff. I was really into Buffy and Angel. There was also the ABC Family show called So Weird with Cara Delizia as a teen girl and her mom was played by the singer McKenzie Phillips. Her mom is a singer and and she brings her kids and they tour the country together. Through each town they stop, they investigate supernatural occurrences. Actually, you know what, there are a lot of script ideas and that would be too much for one email so I'll save it for later.

There are a lot of supernatural shows out there like Heroes and Supernatural. There's going to be a new show called No Ordinary Family about a family that gets into an accident, and develop super powers.

Sept. 18:

2. Wired- I wrote this in 2000-2001. It's about a group of kids who go to a boarding school to learn how to be spies. There is a lot of movies out there like that. There's Spy Kids and Agent Cody Banks which is more of a family audience. There's Stormbreaker which is based on the Alex Rider books by Anthony Horowitz. I have all the books. It's a 14 yr old boy named Alex who is recruited to be a spy. It's very well-written. The movie was really different though.

There was another book series called Spy High by AJ Butcher. I saw another series at the book store about a teen girl who goes to a school to learn to be a spy.

I was really into Alias and Nikita back then about being spies and working for the govt. I like Alias better (at least the first 2 seasons.) It was about a graduate student Sydney who has to bring down the spy agency SD6 with the help of CIA. She works as a double agent. Nikita was about a woman forced to work for a secret govt. agency and it's all shady and bad. They're both good shows in their own right.

3. Renegade- I wrote this in 2003. It turns out there is a TV show with that title already. It was about spies working for the govt. It's not really an original idea, but I think the missions could be written differently.

Names: I found this site called www.behindthename.com. I'm going to add the name Kerrie is too common. I'm going to delete this out of my script.

HIV re-infection: I found this article through the 16 and Pregnant thread.

Re-Infection: Is It a Concern for People Living With HIV?http://www.thebody.com/content/treat/art5042.html

Hire Ground: Have you heard of this job board? Interesting name. I looked up all the jobs available in Edmonton. There were 4 pages and it's a lot with trades and technician positions.

BDO: I found this company on my job search. It's too far away for me. The website is good though. I like this page where you can listen to this instrumental music and this page is fun and interactive.

http://www.checkoutbdo.ca/

Commercial: I read in the Globe and Mail and the National Post about those Stayfree commercials where a hot guy sells tampons on this perfect date. I already wrote about it saying it's like the Old Spice commercial with a hot guy selling it. The articles said what I said. Now that I saw all 3 of these commercials, I'm kind of eh with it. I don't really like any of these 3 guys. In fact, I think these 3 commercials were all shot in different parts of the same house.

Music video: I then found this amateur music video where guys dance to the Katy Perry's song "Peacock." The editing, acting, and dancing was really good. It was fun to watch. It was very gay and 14+ because of all these guys dancing and undressing. Only one woman makes an appearance in this video. So viewer discretion is advised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3bRPHPQsOs&feature=related

Post Secret: I found this secret stuck out and I hope it impacts women to report rapes and press charges: "

Prosecuting the man who raped me in college, has enabled me to forgive him."

There's another secret: "I know I'm smart and qualified, but I wear a short skirt...just in case."

I thought that was interesting because I thought some interviewers would think that was unprofessional if the skirt was too short for work.

I found this inspirational: "Go after your problems, you'll feel better."

Then there's some bittersweet: "I got through depression without committing suicide. But now I don't believe in God anymore."

Sept. 19 Productive: Due to the cold, cloudy, and rainy weather, I stayed at home all weekend. I sat in front of the computer and looked and applied for jobs for hours. Everyday I look for a job, and yet I'm not sick of it. Maybe it's about moderation because looking at the classifieds only takes 5 min if that's the only job search task I do in one day. Other days I spend an hr looking for one.

No comments: