Tuesday, September 28, 2010

music videos/ writing/ Free the Hikers. org

Sept. 26 Music videos: I was listening to Alex Lacasse "Like this, Like that." I finally saw his video, and thought it was really low budget and bad. It was shot in a Toronto high school, and he's dancing in some club. The camera was like something you would use in a reality show, and not a drama.

I'll add this to the list of songs I like, but dislike the video. The other one is Donnie Klang's "Take you There." The video wasn't bad, DK looked hot and all, but I didn't really like it.

Music: Today I found this artist named Guy Sebastian. He has a song called "Like this, Like That" and I really like his songs. It's R&B ballads, with a little adult contemporary in it.

Writing: I think I finally conquered my writer's block. I've mainly been doing my job search instead of writing. Yesterday I revisited something I wrote back in 2005. There were some things I knew were bad about the script back then.

1. Why are the bad guys trying to kill the lead character in an airport? That's the worst place to attack someone because there are video cameras and security everywhere.

2. Why do these two characters get killed by a drive by shooting? What is this? The ghetto? The characters weren't living the ghetto.

It's been 5 years and after getting my college diploma, pitching my script to production companies, talking to writers and producers, I can see even more flaws in it.

3. The characters are thinly developed.
4. How the lead character finds out who's trying to kill him and why is too easy.
5. Why does the sidekick that the lead character meets, helps him?

6. Where does the bad guy get all these resources?
7. Where's the mystery?
8. Why do these two characters fall in love?
9. Why don't the characters go to the police? It could be that the leads are bad guys, or the police are dirty cops. Or the cops tried to help, but couldn't. I didn't use any of it.

Sept. 27 Comfort zone: Sometimes you have to leave your comfort zone and explore what's out there.

I used to watch Who's the Boss? sitcom reruns in the early 90s when I was a kid. It starred Tony Danza. Today he was on Oprah, and he said he went to college to be a teacher. He became a pro boxer and was discovered and got into TV. Now he's on his own reality show on A&E called Teach where he becomes a teacher teaching gr.10 English at Philadelphia public school. I'm not really a fan of his, but it was a fun interview.

TD: None of the kids really knew me because I did the shows a long time ago. One kid said to me: "I think my mom, no my grandma is a fan of yours."
lol.

Then they interviewed tennis star Serena Williams who wants to own a nail salon. She went to nail school and gave Oprah a pedicure. Oprah then gave the audience a manicure, free nail polish and nail care products. SW will release her own line of nail polish.

Actress Angie Harmon went to this forensics academy. That should help my research for my script.

Fun: The last 5 min, Oprah did a "Where are they now?" In the early 90s, she held a model contest and the winner was Leslie Bibb. Then I realized she's this actress on that show Popular in the late 90s. She's the blond woman/ reporter in Iron Man. They talked to hottest guy contest in the Caribbean. He's now in Yale taking drama and opening his own production company. O also had a singing contest in the 90s, and this black woman won. She's now working on her solo album and she sings back up for Stevie Wonder.

Sept. 28 Ingrid Betancourt: I was watching 20/20 a couple of years ago about how there are so many hostages in Columbia, that there is a radio station so that family members can communicate with the hostages. I remember the three men dissed this one woman and said she was spoiled and took more food.

Last week I watched Oprah and I remembered they were talking about Senator Ingrid Betancourt. She was running for the Columbia's president. She made a stop in the rain forest for her campaign and was held hostage for 6 and a half years. The other hostages did resent her because on the radio they always talked about her because she is the most famous hostage, and the radio never talked about the other hostages.

She has released a book called Even Silence has an End. She says she doesn't resent the other hostages, and in fact loves them.

Old job notes: I was looking through my old job notes and it said: "Apply at credit card companies." You have to sell and get people to apply for credit cards. It's really competitive and hard. I applied at JW Research and they said the same thing. I also said with insurance companies. I wouldn't sell insurance, but I can apply as an administrative assistant.

Free the Hikers: Also on Oprah, they talked about three US tourists who are suspected of being spies, and held hostage. One woman was released, but there are still two innocent men there. Please sign this petition. Thanks.

http://freethehikers.org/

No comments: